Video Requests

Wanted to ask as im not to sure on this one.

My nan bless her is a big massive fan of Rob Van Damme (yeah i know, its her fault why i love wwe) but unfortunately at the age of 89 she can no way attend due to medical reasons plus it will be way too much for her.

Anyway i wondered if i could ask him, obviously at the auto table when im purchasing my autograph, If he could possibly do a vid request for her. Just a short message thats all.

My nan bless her is a big massive fan of Rob Van Damme (yeah i know, its her fault why i love wwe) but unfortunately at the age of 89 she can no way attend due to medical reasons plus it will be way too much for her.

Anyway i wondered if i could ask him, obviously at the auto table when im purchasing my autograph, If he could possibly do a vid request for her. Just a short message thats all.

You can ask. I've seen a few guests do a video or answerphone message for people in the past. It really is down to the guest really.

• Moderators

This would all come down to how busy the guest is, if they are allowing photos etc and how they and their agent are on the day.

If he has a large queue I would suggest this wouldn't be allowed but if he is a bit quieter later on in the day and you speak to the SM crew it MAY be possible but you will never get a definitive yes answer to this.

At one show David Hasslehoff spoke to a friend of mine on the phone but he was quiet at that point.

Edited by StuartG2198

I'm planning on meeting RVD for sure (him and Edge will be my first ever autographs as I have always done photoshoots instead) but I haven't been to a lot of Con's so far, and I can't deny being slightly nervous about it! :)

I'm planning on meeting RVD for sure (him and Edge will be my first ever autographs as I have always done photoshoots instead) but I haven't been to a lot of Con's so far, and I can't deny being slightly nervous about it! :)

RVD and Edge are two of the most laid back guys you could ever meet, you'll be fine. Just tell them how awesome you think they are, a good ego massage is the easiest way to break the ice!

• Like 3

I was dropping off friends after a WWE Show at an airport once. Somehow I managed to literally walk straight into Edge - I wasn't paying attention because I was hurrying to get the car out of parking. Ran around a Corner, ran into a moving Body coming the other way... Edge. Nobody of us had realized the WWE guys would use the same airport to get to the next stop of the tour.

He could not have been any more nice, and god knows I had a fangirl attack right in the middle of the Depature Hall. :lol:

One of my friends didn't talk to me for two weeks. That was before the days mobiles were common. I had no chance at all to get them back from the security line.

• Like 2

It's been a long time for me, that airport meeting was just about a year or so after Edge started in WWE. My meetings were late mid nineties to early 2000s - Kevin Nash, Shawn Michaels, Undertaker, Raven, Warrior...

Still Edge is probably one of the top 3 meets. The other two are more obscure.

Once stumbled into Sandman by total chance when we ended up in the same hotel as the WCW guys after a show in Cincinatti and he came to visit Raven. All other fans there were like "who is this?" and then there's the female German standing there flailing her arms going "OMG SANDMAN!!!" Well okay, actually I was standing there in disbelief with my jaw dropped to the floor. :lol:

He asked the others "do you know who I am?" No one could answer, and then I piped up "I think you are Sandman." He was so proud someone recognized him, especially that someone being a female, not from the US and obviously very impressed about him being there. He even invited us to the ECW show the next night and gave us ECW promos which he signed. That's probably the top one.

The third one is Goldberg. My first trip to the US, we wanted to drive along the East Coast. No real "have to see this", just going with the flow. First night we checked into a Marriott hotel, I was just too tired to drive on. At check in there was a Mexican looking guest in front of us. I still remember thinking "oh my god I must be more tired than I thought, he looks exactly like Juventud Guerrera." Check in took longer than I thought, by that point I was wide awake again. We decided to go back down to the bar again and watch the re-run of the WCW live show. Down in the elevator we go, two floors later elevator stops... entrance Kevin Nash and Paul Wight. By that point I was really wide awake because I began to realize I was not imagining things and my mysterious person likely had been Juventud. :lol:

They headed for the bar too. It was like 11 PM at that Point and we were the only ones in the whole lobby, it really would have looked weird to start fangirling. We sat down at the bar, they took a table at the far end.

When the show ended we were heading for our room - my shy friend making a detour to the most far away Exit you could think of and I walked to the one close to them. And Kevin calls out to me: "The German Connection!" - he must have heard us speaking German. I laughed and called out to him "yes", intending to walk away. Not so easy with Mr Nash. He called me over and starts chatting. Where are you from, what are you doing here... Eventually my friend wandered back in again because she was getting concerned. :lol:

They spent a good 15 minutes chatting to us, inviting us to the PPV the next Weekend and telling us where to catch up with them there. Finally Kevin asked me, broadly grinning "Who's your favorite?" He clearly expected me to say his name. Besides him three other guys were at the table - the tag Team High Voltage and Goldberg. I was so hyper I didn't even recognize High Voltage first and I had no intention about giving Kevin the pleasure to say it was him. I don't like feeding egos when it is so obvious. ;) So I said "Goldberg." Boy did Goldberg get excited. At that point there had been rumors he had issues with German fans due to his Jewish heritage, but that was clearly not the case. He even tried to get me to sit on his knee when I mentioned I was tired (the bar was closed and all chairs up the tables) and if you've seen pictures of me you know I am no lightweight.

The next weekend after the PPV we waited in the hotel they named as promised to say thank you. Kevin had been injured that night, so it took a while for them to arrive. Goldberg came in, saw us, yelled "my beautiful German girls!", threw his bag away causing another person to trip over it almost and came running to give me a hug. All I remember is thinking "he's breaking my back, but that is so worth it." My friend swore up and down even Raven was trying not to burst out laughing at this scene. :lol: He was like a big kid. Sat down with us, do you need anything, anything I can help you with... I even got a picture with Sting in the end which was an extremely rare thing cause this was during his "The Crow" phase.

• Like 5

It's been a long time for me, that airport meeting was just about a year or so after Edge started in WWE. My meetings were late mid nineties to early 2000s - Kevin Nash, Shawn Michaels, Undertaker, Raven, Warrior...

Once stumbled into Sandman by total chance when we ended up in the same hotel as the WCW guys after a show in Cincinatti and he came to visit Raven. All other fans there were like "who is this?" and then there's the female German standing there flailing her arms going "OMG SANDMAN!!!" Well okay, actually I was standing there in disbelief with my jaw dropped to the floor. :lol:

He asked the others "do you know who I am?" No one could answer, and then I piped up "I think you are Sandman." He was so proud someone recognized him, especially that someone being a female, not from the US and obviously very impressed about him being there. He even invited us to the ECW show the next night and gave us ECW promos which he signed. That's probably the top one.

The third one is Goldberg. My first trip to the US, we wanted to drive along the East Coast. No real "have to see this", just going with the flow. First night we checked into a Marriott hotel, I was just too tired to drive on. At check in there was a Mexican looking guest in front of us. I still remember thinking "oh my god I must be more tired than I thought, he looks exactly like Juventud Guerrera." Check in took longer than I thought, by that point I was wide awake again. We decided to go back down to the bar again and watch the re-run of the WCW live show. Down in the elevator we go, two floors later elevator stops... entrance Kevin Nash and Paul Wight. By that point I was really wide awake because I began to realize I was not imagining things and my mysterious person likely had been Juventud. :lol:

They headed for the bar too. It was like 11 PM at that Point and we were the only ones in the whole lobby, it really would have looked weird to start fangirling. We sat down at the bar, they took a table at the far end.

When the show ended we were heading for our room - my shy friend making a detour to the most far away Exit you could think of and I walked to the one close to them. And Kevin calls out to me: "The German Connection!" - he must have heard us speaking German. I laughed and called out to him "yes", intending to walk away. Not so easy with Mr Nash. He called me over and starts chatting. Where are you from, what are you doing here... Eventually my friend wandered back in again because she was getting concerned. :lol:

They spent a good 15 minutes chatting to us, inviting us to the PPV the next Weekend and telling us where to catch up with them there. Finally Kevin asked me, broadly grinning "Who's your favorite?" He clearly expected me to say his name. Besides him three other guys were at the table - the tag Team High Voltage and Goldberg. I was so hyper I didn't even recognize High Voltage first and I had no intention about giving Kevin the pleasure to say it was him. I don't like feeding egos when it is so obvious. ;) So I said "Goldberg." Boy did Goldberg get excited. At that point there had been rumors he had issues with German fans due to his Jewish heritage, but that was clearly not the case. He even tried to get me to sit on his knee when I mentioned I was tired (the bar was closed and all chairs up the tables) and if you've seen pictures of me you know I am no lightweight.

The next weekend after the PPV we waited in the hotel they named as promised to say thank you. Kevin had been injured that night, so it took a while for them to arrive. Goldberg came in, saw us, yelled "my beautiful German girls!", threw his bag away causing another person to trip over it almost and came running to give me a hug. All I remember is thinking "he's breaking my back, but that is so worth it." My friend swore up and down even Raven was trying not to burst out laughing at this scene. :lol: He was like a big kid. Sat down with us, do you need anything, anything I can help you with... I even got a picture with Sting in the end which was an extremely rare thing cause this was during his "The Crow" phase.

Damn thats cool!! On another note ive often wondered what you look like as im sure it isnt you in your profile pic haha

im not a big wrestling fan, but i will say that ive seen a lot of guests do videos/phone calls for people.

last year, a few days after my birthday i got a phone call from a mate of mine who was at a con and said he had someone who wanted to talk to me. next thing i know im chatting to Laurie Holden on the phone. was very surreal.

i think a lot of guests are pretty cool with stuff like that. OP, i hope you can get a video for your grandma. keep us all posted with how things turn out. i love stories like this from cons!

(in other news, my 1 wrestling claim to fame is that at a con a few years back rikishi ran over my foot with his suitcase.)

Damn thats cool!! On another note ive often wondered what you look like as im sure it isnt you in your profile pic haha

Well no, Vala is like half of me maybe, and that is including the leather outfit. :lol:

There are some pictures of me around here somewhere, probably in one of the photosession pictures threads.

That's incredible! :D. As a fellow die-hard fan, I can understand how amazing that must have been for you!

I've also met a lot of wrestlers over the years and mostly had great experiences, but the two that stand out the most are going to the gym with AJ Styles in Gloucester, England (bizarrely!) in late 2014, and talking to DDP at LFCC 2013 for almost half an hour (his fault, he kept talking to me as I was getting sheepish about taking up too much time :P), then him inviting me to his DDPYoga workshop the following week for free...even covered my travel costs!

I've been thinking about getting Kim Coates to film a little video message for my girlfriend who can't be there this year and is a huge fan, but I'm not sure if it will be allowed or not. Hopefully he can.

Edited by TrinityKiller24

(in other news, my 1 wrestling claim to fame is that at a con a few years back rikishi ran over my foot with his suitcase.)

He did it for The Rock!

I laughed so hard at this comment. Out loud. In my silent office.

• Like 1

I've been thinking about getting Kim Coates to film a little video message for my girlfriend who can't be there this year and is a huge fan, but I'm not sure if it will be allowed or not. Hopefully he can.

As it's been recommended, wait for a quiet period and ask then. That will increase your chances a lot.

You could always record a short message from your nan to Rob and if it's quiet, start the conversation by saying can you play him a message from a fan who couldn't make it and follow by asking if he'd record a reply!

• Like 1

That's incredible! :D. As a fellow die-hard fan, I can understand how amazing that must have been for you!

I've also met a lot of wrestlers over the years and mostly had great experiences, but the two that stand out the most are going to the gym with AJ Styles in Gloucester, England (bizarrely!) in late 2014, and talking to DDP at LFCC 2013 for almost half an hour (his fault, he kept talking to me as I was getting sheepish about taking up too much time :P), then him inviting me to his DDPYoga workshop the following week for free...even covered my travel costs!

Wow! How was it? Im going to Al Snows Academy this week

He did it for The Rock!

I laughed so hard at this comment. Out loud. In my silent office.

I'm just glad someone got it.