How do you store/organise your autographs?

Fair enough it may be difficult to put 50 autographs on wall but I like mine on display; I never got why people store them all away.

There are 239 items in my "Scanned Autographs" folder on my hard drive.

I don't have a wall that big! :-D

But you must have one or two on display?

Only one of two celebs I managed to meet on the same day last year which was my birthday. Got photos of both, spliced them in to one split screen pic, met them both again and had them sign their half of the pic, and framed that.

That's it.

Fair enough it may be difficult to put 50 autographs on wall but I like mine on display; I never got why people store them all away.

Only one of two celebs I managed to meet on the same day last year which was my birthday. Got photos of both, spliced them in to one split screen pic, met them both again and had them sign their half of the pic, and framed that.

That's it.

Who was that? And which is your most prized autograph?

That's it.

I'm honestly not allowed to say, I'm sorry.

I met one of them privately and they made me promise to keep it a secret. The other met at a play in London. They wouldn't mind but as the first one would, I can't say.

My most prized autograph is probably ... hmmm ... actually, need to think about this one ...

Last year I met Sigourney Weaver, pretended to propose to her during the photoshoot with the Power Loader and then got her to sign it later.

So probably that one. :-)

That's it.

I met one of them privately and they made me promise to keep it a secret. The other met at a play in London. They wouldn't mind but as the first one would, I can't say.

My most prized autograph is probably ... hmmm ... actually, need to think about this one ...

Last year I met Sigourney Weaver, pretended to propose to her during the photoshoot with the Power Loader and then got her to sign it later.

So you aren't allowed to show people these said autographs?

I have all mine in box files but am in the process of obtaining a house so will look to get copies made of the multisigned items and framed on the walls.

The photoshoots are already adorning my PC as wallpaper.

That's it.

I have it in a frame on my bedside table. I refuse to comment on who is likely see that part of my home! *lol*

I store mine in sleeves and ring binder box file from timecare.co.uk. They are the same products that Franks Autographs use to sell. The material they use is safe for long term storage. I highly recommend them if you want to keep your autograph photos in mint condition.

I also store mine this way. The way they are stored for me is by show and then in the order i got them. Photos are in a different one altogether but still in a similar order.

Also this reminds me I need to buy more ring binders and sleeves....

That's it.

I have it in a frame on my bedside table. I refuse to comment on who is likely see that part of my home! *lol*

Fair enough, but unless you have Kim Jong Un or Queen Elizabeth the 2nd autograph (dedicated to you), I very much doubt you are the only person to have their autograph :) And I'm sure they'll be no big shock if you did mention their name .

Edited by rogue_entity

That's it.

Fair enough, but unless you have Kim Jong Un or Queen Elizabeth the 2nd autograph (dedicated to you), I very much doubt you are the only person to have their autograph :) And I'm sure they'll be no big shock if you did mention their name .

Oh I know I'[m not the only person to have their autograph. They've done signing events which I've been to! :-D

The secret isn't that I have their autograph; the secret is that they came to my birthday. :-)

That's it.

Oh I know I'[m not the only person to have their autograph. They've done signing events which I've been to! :-D

The secret isn't that I have their autograph; the secret is that they came to my birthday. :-)

So you can't say because they came to your birthday? That's like me saying I can't say I obtained Barry Manilow's autograph because I obtained it as he was shopping in Lidls as opposed to a 'Meet and Greet'.

You could have just said my favourite autograph is Joe Bloggs and not gone into detail; thereby nobody would have been the wiser (and not trying to invite them to their birthday party ;) )

Edited by rogue_entity

So you can't say because they came to your birthday? That's like me saying I can't say I obtained Barry Manilow's autograph because I obtained it as he was shopping in Lidls as opposed to a 'Meet and Greet'.

You could have just said my favourite autograph is Joe Bloggs and not gone into detail; thereby nobody would have been the wiser (and not trying to invite them to their birthday party ;) )

I wouldn't want to admit to going to Stenun's birthday party.

• 4 weeks later...

Got 8x10s at the mo which have fit most of my photos, as well as my photoshoot photos.

Got no future autograph plans after LFCC (but may have a photoshoot at a future event) so back to back might be the way to go in the short term.

Went up my loft recently to get my other folder, and discovered I still had some 8x10 pockets.

Did order a new album, but am putting my photoshoot photos back-to-back.

I'm slowly working on buying frames and mounts for all my autographs. If I'm framing them, I want to do it properly and preserve them long term. I just had this custom made for my signed Hannibal poster that I'll be framing. I'll be mounting this plate in a cut-out just under the poster. Should look nice!

I1PEKlZ.jpg

That's it.

Maybe he kidnapped said celebrity and it hasn't been solved and he doesn't want to incriminate himself. In that case bad Stenun; no kidnapping people.

Back on topic my autographs are currently awaiting frames.

Edited by john1980

Raylenth, of course not! I had it made from http://www.signomatic.co.uk/

The one in my picture is plastic but you do have the options to get metal ones made too. Super cheap and great quality.

I swear I'm not advertising!

Thanks. I was looking for plaques a while ago for my Hobbit picture but couldn't find anything so it's always useful to have a link.

Like many others, I store mine in acid-free poly pockets in ring binders (with 4 x rings preferably)

I have one folder for space-related autos that is sub-divided into the various manned programmes (Mercury, Gemini, Apollo etc.)

Others are for WW2-related autos, movie and TV-related, sport and miscellaneous.

The only category I was particular about putting in order is the "Alien" movie cast autos in the sequence that each character met their demise in the movie (with Sigourney bringing up the rear) :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Is there like a spray to protect and to preserve the autographs? For some reason the sharpie ink hasn't stuck for one of my Carl Weathers and one of my Dolph Lundgren autographs so it's starting to fade quite quick.

I've heard of signed items such as guitars being painted with varnish to preserve a signature but never tried that on a photo.

Why don't you pop into your nearest hobby/arts & crafts shop and they will be able to advise.

• Like 1