Are we close to a sell out?

Dear SM,

A friend of mine is planning on getting his early bird 2 days before the show ( I know don't ask) are the Saturday tickets close to selling out or is he going to be ok?

from what I heard last year Saturday was a sell out

It was, but we had 2 massive guests announced! The late entry tickets have sold out it seems for Saturday. Unfortunately it's hard to tell. SM haven't issued a low ticket warning but if they do announce someone big they could go in a flash or their may simply be people who decide late to book and all of a sudden they are gone.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 1

Wasn't it a mad rush last year where they just went over one night & it wasn't possible to give out a warning?

Pretty much and then people panicked. If SM suddenly announce a massively popular guest this could very well happen again.

@Chubby, at the moment your friend is fine but it only takes one guest for their to be a rush on buying tickets so waiting until 2 days before to buy them could be a bit of a risk.

• Like 2

Wasn't it a mad rush last year where they just went over one night & it wasn't possible to give out a warning?

Pretty much and then people panicked. If SM suddenly announce a massively popular guest this could very well happen again.

@Chubby, at the moment your friend is fine but it only takes one guest for their to be a rush on buying tickets so waiting until 2 days before to buy them could be a bit of a risk.

the way sm said about this year being bigger than 2015 I thought they were on about a HUGE name but I think they were talking about the venue size lol but still time to go but I think the diamond guests have come to an end now

More than likely you are right but there are a lot of huge UK actors (UK for easy of transport and more likely to be in the country) who if they said at the last minute 'OK I can now do a day' they probably wouldn't be refused, would be on a late diamond pass I'm sure and would sell out instantly. It's very unlikely, as SM would need enough sales to justify the fee, but not impossible. :smile:

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 1

More than likely you are right but there are a lot of huge UK actors (UK for easy of transport and more likely to be in the country) who if they said at the last minute 'OK I can now do a day' they probably wouldn't be refused, would be on a late diamond pass I'm sure and would sell out instantly. It's very unlikely, as SM would need enough sales to justify the fee, but not impossible. :smile:

well everything crossed they find a huge guest, im happy with who they have as I go for the smaller ones. I was really hoping for a few Nightmare on elm street guests. Mark patton was saying last night he wants to do more sm events but I think his agent is not much cop as hes not getting a lot of bookings with the new guy :( im so gutted I missed him when sm last had him, and looking at the past guests I would be doing back flips if theycame up now, how I wish I found sm before 2014

If you have a guest contact you can always forward the info on to SM and leave it with them. Then if they want to contact them to book them they can, if not then not.

that's not a bad idea, is there a direct email address for that?

If you have a guest contact you can always forward the info on to SM and leave it with them. Then if they want to contact them to book them they can, if not then not.

The one I gave to you three times already maybe? :P The one Raylenth posted again is the right one.

Regarding ticket sales, SM try to post a warning as it's been said. But a lot of people seem to wait with booking at the moment trying to hold out for one announcement or the other. I am pretty sure we'll have several sold out messages popping up within the next 2 weeks, and wouldn't be surprised if we have a few out of the blue ones again.

I remember the Saturday tickets sold out three weeks before the event (and I had purchased my tickets about a week beforehand).

I remember Showmasters posting low ticket warnings last year, but only seen this happen for the Ron Perlman photoshoots this year.

• Like 1

The one I gave to you three times already maybe? :P The one Raylenth posted again is the right one.

Regarding ticket sales, SM try to post a warning as it's been said. But a lot of people seem to wait with booking at the moment trying to hold out for one announcement or the other. I am pretty sure we'll have several sold out messages popping up within the next 2 weeks, and wouldn't be surprised if we have a few out of the blue ones again.

ok thanks

Edited by chubby

got a question. if photoshoots have not sold out do SM put them on half price? you know like a Sale. example Mads Mikkelsen photoshoot is £40 half price £20?

That would certainly have a lot of angry customers of people who'd already bought them

I would personally go nuts!

It was bad enough buying a con programme Sunday morning to see them being practically given away a few hours later!

ahh yh i always hate that. first year i went i bought 3 (one of rme and my mate, and another mate who couldnt attend last minute), and then remember later that afternoon they were literally being given away after the raffle thing had finished... wasnt that fussed by the raffle, if i had known they would end up just giving them away i would have waited!

It was bad enough buying a con programme Sunday morning to see them being practically given away a few hours later!

The thing is though the programmes have a very limited shelf life - like fresh food - can't reuse them again next time. It costs to destroy.

Oh you wouldn't believe the amount of free food I could have picked a few years ago on Christmas Eve, having working earlier that day. I took as much as I could carry.

Photoshoots on the otherhand, are done to demand. No leftovers.

However you could argue the case it would be better for the actors if their autograph prices were lowered by £5 for the last two hours on a quieter Sunday, rather than have them twiddle their thumbs till home time.

However you could argue the case it would be better for the actors if their autograph prices were lowered by £5 for the last two hours on a quieter Sunday, rather than have them twiddle their thumbs till home time.

Maybe they could go around the stalls or venue to check out the event, accompanied by crew members so they can be contacted if more fans come for autographs, and to control or limit fans from bothering the guests by asking for photos/selfies.

I've seen a few guests going round the venues wkth crew members at past events, and I just let them go about their business.

One Collectormania I had Sylvester McCoy commenting on my Seventh Doctor cosplay, and I mentioned about us meeting before and the comments he made on my hat on that occasion.

And at the recent Spring LFCC, I saw Greg Grunberg between dealer tables and he said hello to me, remembering me from meeting him earlier.

Haha - whilst we're on the subject of stars looking around the con stalls, I once saw one prominent married thespian from a very popular TV show looking enthusiastically through some posters of scantily clad girls...never looked at him in the same light since!

Then I would go and get my autographs on the last 2 hours on Sunday if they where cheaper and I don't think I would be alone in doing that ! Just think of the money I would be saving !

It rather defeats the object as the last 2 hours of Sunday would get Mega Busy !

It will never happen at a Showmasters event, but it's not unheard of at other shows where guests are directly in charge of their tables. Some will cut a deal towards the end of the day, they have nothing to loose. Most people would just like to get in and out as quickly as possible, rather than chance it.

Maybe they could go around the stalls or venue to check out the event, accompanied by crew members so they can be contacted if more fans come for autographs, and to control or limit fans from bothering the guests by asking for photos/selfies.

I've seen a few guests going round the venues wkth crew members at past events, and I just let them go about their business.

One Collectormania I had Sylvester McCoy commenting on my Seventh Doctor cosplay, and I mentioned about us meeting before and the comments he made on my hat on that occasion.

And at the recent Spring LFCC, I saw Greg Grunberg between dealer tables and he said hello to me, remembering me from meeting him earlier.

That only works as long as the attendees behave though. At a certain point it only becomes a risk. When Heroes was really big at one LFACC it took TooTall and like 10 Crew members to get Milo Ventimiglia and Adrian Pasdar only from signing to photos. I kid you not, they had a crowd of at least 100 people going after them trying to snap pictures. And that crowd was really trampling over anything in their way.