Guest Announcements/Schedule

pocmr

Hi,

With this being our first LFCC I was just wondering at what point do you make FINAL guest announcements? This is so we know that after that point there won't be anyone else announced and we can budget accordingly?

Also when does the Schedule go up so we are able to plan our time at the Convention?

Thanks in advance guys!

Thanks guys! This doesn't help my purse (budgeting) and sorry that I haven't seen it in other posts so didn't know I was repeating

I will just keep checking the forums even on the days of the Con haha

I'm hoping not "Big" guests though? So for example, if Matt Smith is announced I'd like to know in plenty of time and if he is a Diamond Pass guest then that would be handy to be able to pre purchase the tickets lol

Well Milo Ventimiglia (Adrian Pasdar too, they were both announced last minute) who chrisrus correctly named above was a huge guest announcement at that time. It was the height of the Heroes craze.

Tom Felton from Harry Potter was also announced the day before a Show some years ago.

Guests can actually be announced up to the day it self.

The schedule goes up around a week before

Ive even seen guests announced the day OF the show (normally for the following day) like

X person is now attending tomorrow kinda thing

• Moderators

Ive even seen guests announced the day OF the show (normally for the following day)

Peter Mayhew back at the Winter LFCC was a prime example of this.

Ive even seen guests announced the day OF the show (normally for the following day)

Peter Mayhew back at the Winter LFCC was a prime example of this.

Exactly :)

I'm hoping not "Big" guests though? So for example, if Matt Smith is announced I'd like to know in plenty of time and if he is a Diamond Pass guest then that would be handy to be able to pre purchase the tickets lol

SM give as much notice as possible, so if it's a case of Matt Smith announced the day before, or no Matt Smith at all I bet I can guess which option you'd take.

SM give as much notice as possible, so if it's a case of Matt Smith announced the day before, or no Matt Smith at all I bet I can guess which option you'd take.

In my case it would be the later. Whilst I have maybe 5 (more) things I'd like signed by him I wouldn't have them on me. I might be able to buy one of them again at the show - but those other 4 would annoy me until his next show. I can't be that annoyed if a guest is never attending in the first place.

In my case it would be the later. Whilst I have maybe 5 (more) things I'd like signed by him I wouldn't have them on me. I might be able to buy one of them again at the show - but those other 4 would annoy me until his next show. I can't be that annoyed if a guest is never attending in the first place.

Fair enough, then I change my bet to which option the majority would pick.

I'll give you Odds on Even he wont be announced any time soon as he's currently in a London Play and I really can't see him giving up his only day off ( which would be the Sunday ) any time soon.

Well would you ? lol

It has happened in the past. Patrick Stewart comes to mind.

In the top secret book I'm running I currently have Matt Smith at 33/1. Patrick Stewart is 25/1.

(*Odds are correct at time of going to press and are subject to change. In the event of cancellation, you ain't getting your money back, so don't even ask.)

Edited by natedammit