Diamond Pass Information

This is the first time buying a diamond pass for me and I will be going with my disabled mum trying to push her in her wheelchair which will make queuing up several times a problem for me and her but I think i would rather collect the pass at the venue than to rely on it being posted. I guess I wont have as much a problem as I'm only going on sunday and the major amount of diamond passes will have been collected by then.

So just to clarify (and save me trawling through the posts):

I saw that a Thursday pick up for passes has been agreed but was the suggestion agreed that a Friday pick up (for those only going Saturday/Sunday and not in London Thursday) without needing to buy an entry ticket was possible?

• Like 1

I saw that a Thursday pick up for passes has been agreed but was the suggestion agreed that a Friday pick up (for those only going Saturday/Sunday and not in London Thursday) without needing to buy an entry ticket was possible?

Only the Thursday pick up was mentioned so far. I imagine we'll get more details at a later date.

Basically Jason is going to look at Thursday and the issues with Friday pick up by those not attending Friday have been said to him. We need to wait until Monday at the earliest when they are all back in the office and can decide officially what is going to happen but yes, Jason said Thursday pickup might be doable.

It does sound like pick up on the day isn't going to be an issue though. With the early queuers being pre scanned into a loading hall they will probably filter us in passed the Diamond pick up desks and hopefully we should be able to collect them before the event opens (If I'm interpreting Jason's intentions correctly)

Edited by Raylenth

• Moderators

There are going to be some crew on site a lot earlier than past events to get the entry queues started into the pre-scanned area, so there should be plenty time to get things sorted before anyone has to worry about the event actually starting!

• Moderators

Im sure this has been asked before but how do Diamond passes work? Are they stamped when you collect the photo or autograph or it it tear off tickets?

Assuming they're the same as previous passes, they are a plastic pass and the various items are punched out as they are collected.

This is the first time buying a diamond pass for me and I will be going with my disabled mum trying to push her in her wheelchair which will make queuing up several times a problem for me and her but I think i would rather collect the pass at the venue than to rely on it being posted. I guess I wont have as much a problem as I'm only going on sunday and the major amount of diamond passes will have been collected by then.

Did you contact extrahelp@showmastersevents.com yet? I am sure they will be happy to assist you.

Some things have already been discussed, but as it's been posted please wait until Monday. Some details really need to be worked out in person and not through e-mails and text when everyone is on their way to spend the weekend somewhere else. ;)

Sherlocked was a bit different because that venue allowed to set up the ticket sales table outside of the event area. I honestly don't know the location of the will call windows at Olympia and if something can be set up there. That's something for Monday too I'm afraid.

EDIT: As far as I am aware the Diamond Passes have the same layout as last year. So yes, holes will be punched in the card when you get your autograph/pick up your dog tag etc.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

Hope things are smooth if we do need to collect at venue. Would love to be able to collect Thursday.. is that possible??? If not hope all well organised for collecting as dont want to waste time in other queues as sooo much to do.

Edited by Bing250

So, have to wait in a queue instead of getting to the only slightly less important guests autograph. Would rather have it in post than this.

Me too..... was worried had too much as is without ANOTHER 3 queues to get the diamond passes.

Hope things are smooth if we do need to collect at venue. Would love to be able to collect Thursday.. is that possible??? If not hope all well organised for collecting as dont want to waste time in other queues as sooo much to do.

It's been posted a number of times now that details about early pick up will be posted soon, but not before on Monday. The last quote mentioning the Thursday pickup being confirmed is in my post just about yours. ;)

It's been posted a number of times now that details about early pick up will be posted soon, but not before on Monday. The last quote mentioning the Thursday pickup being confirmed is in my post just about yours. ;)

Thanks QS i am just anxious. We'll be there from wednesday as didnt cancel wednesday night when thursday was cancelled so would be ideal to pick up on Thursday so hope thats whats agreed but guess we all need to wait until Monday.