Diamond Pass Information

ok so the issue that was found before the 2015 lfcc has only just been sorted? could this not of been made public last year or in the months leading up? the thought of having to line up again inside is worrying and no doubt will be extremely hot.

Another reason for that could simply be that they tried to find a way around this situation? I said it two pages ago, this is not the first reaction of this kind we had and I doubt it will be the last. When I got the e-mail I knew straight away that this would happen again. SM were very likely trying to avoid that.

And regarding the heat... if heat is an issue you really need to stay away from the events. ;) I have yet to attend one where the crowds did not break the air condition. :lol:

the only sm event where ive had problems with heat is the London shows, 2 times at brighton, 2 times at Bournemouth, Exeter, 2 Manchester shows ive not had problems with heat at all. im not sure what ones you have been going to, but they cant be the ones on this list as they have not been over packed like lfcc was last year

I'm going by complaints on here. I am not in the UK, unfortunately I can make much less shows than I like. Personally I can count all London venues (even before the show grew so big), Manchester in the old venue, most of the Massive Events hotel events, Sherlocked and tons of non-SM shows all over the world. And god knows ac breaking in California puts ac breaking in London to shame.

• Like 1

we hav

And as we also have plans of pre scanning and having a post scanned zone for 1000s of you to be ready to go in , this zone will be where the diamond pass pick up will be so many of you that are there before 9am will be able to pick up your passes , so the lines for these will be much less and spread over the day before and the morning before the doors are properly open so we have this thought out and worked out and we feel it will be fine , its not just soothing we had dun with out thinking about it.

​one thing we will say is that we feel this years event will be the smoothest and easy event you will have attended for several years as we do feel most of the big issues of the past few years we have fixed and worked out in a really good way.

hope that is of help

jason

The only issue I'd raise with that Jason is that of getting your diamond pass whilst queuing - a good idea in principle but still an issue for singletons like me. If we are in the pre scanned section would that mean we would need to leave our place in the queue to go and collect our diamond passes? That would be a big issue, I wouldnt be happy to queue for ages and have to choose over collecting my ticket and loosing my place as i have no one with me to hold it or keeping my place in the queue and having to go back later to get my diamond pass.

It's just something else I hope you do give some thought to. Thank you for getting back to us though.

just trust us we have a planed out way of this working on the day and if you are on your own or not it will work :-)

Thank you Jason, I have faith in you and your Hawaiian shirts!

• Like 1

This is going to upset a few on here....

But is it possible that SM makes clear what Guests are Diamond Guests when they are Arranging the Queues at photo shoots... Last Year many guests became Diamond Guests. Maybe have a Red Mark on the Photo shoot lists... I got pushed back several times because they were calling Diamond first when the guests wasn't even a Diamond guest....

This is the second year of diamond so I do hope this gets sorted... Thanks, now back to my Camel Juice. :smile:

TooTall had already addressed this when this came up last year. Enjoy your Camel Juice, it's been sorted. :smile:

we c

Maybe next year you can have people's names on the diamond pass and ID has to be shown each time you use them. Not ideal, but if it means you can post them out and not be misused it's for the best.

I still see this year as being more added stress than needed.

an talk about this after he show it won't be more stress you will see :-)

As a regular con goer, I know even the best made plans can go wrong. I guess this is where you prove me wrong and stop this being my first and last diamond experience :)

• Like 1

• Showmasters Admin

And as we also have plans of pre scanning and having a post scanned zone for 1000s of you to be ready to go in , this zone will be where the diamond pass pick up will be so many of you that are there before 9am will be able to pick up your passes , so the lines for these will be much less and spread over the day before and the morning before the doors are properly open so we have this thought out and worked out and we feel it will be fine , its not just soothing we had dun with out thinking about it.

​one thing we will say is that we feel this years event will be the smoothest and easy event you will have attended for several years as we do feel most of the big issues of the past few years we have fixed and worked out in a really good way.

hope that is of help

jason

The only issue I'd raise with that Jason is that of getting your diamond pass whilst queuing - a good idea in principle but still an issue for singletons like me. If we are in the pre scanned section would that mean we would need to leave our place in the queue to go and collect our diamond passes? That would be a big issue, I wouldnt be happy to queue for ages and have to choose over collecting my ticket and loosing my place as i have no one with me to hold it or keeping my place in the queue and having to go back later to get my diamond pass.

It's just something else I hope you do give some thought to. Thank you for getting back to us though.

just trust us we have a planed out way of this working on the day and if you are on your own or not it will work :-)

Hi all , queeny has brought this to my attention , as we have not had any email about this ?

last year we had around 80 + Gold passes and Dimond being re sold on eBay and other places , this is not fare on real fans wanting to buy tickets to attend to meet the guests that they have wanted to meet for years , and we saw this as a thing that was only going to get worst , we also have some scams where tickets were sold to fans and were faked and these fans lost money and it created a lot of upset for real fans of our events.

So this year we are trying out something new where you will get your passes at the show , we can check ID and the passes will only be seen live at the show which will stop the underhanded people that tried to fake and con unsuspecting fans out there.

At the end of the day we are here to run fun well run events and to protect the fans that have supported us over the years that have helped to make these amazing events happen and this is our way of staying ahead of the con men and scalpers that we encountered in the last two years.

We will have a full on team to help you get thought the reg in the morning and we do not see there being any real issues in being able to look after you all and give you want you have come to expect from us.

This year we have more crew and much more hall space and more places to just chill out and take in the atmosphere of the weekend , i know you will see the improvement we have put into this years events for you all to enjoy yourself so much more.

I hope that helps to explain why things have had to change even though we all know no one likes change :-)

See you all very soon

Jason

Thank you Jason , but the thought of 3 Q's for me before I start my day horrifies me. Getting in , Diamond pick up and then autograph voucher purchase ..... this could take ages.

Thursday pick up is something we are planning on doing this year

all photo ops and talk tickets are all on line and can be bought with out there need to be in a line and last year the line for photo ops sale son the day was 5 % of the year before and as most now know its easy and faster to buy over your phone this line is now nearly nonexistent.

as to heat is it summer it is london and its going to be hot :-) , but as there is going to be around the same about of you in twice the amount of space so that will help a lot .

hope that is of help

jason

Glad to hear Thursday pick up will be an option Jason! It just saves the worry of queuing up to get in, get diamond passes and then VQ tix. I'll be in London on the Thursday so would be happy to pop to Olympia to pick my diamonds up!

• Like 1

hi just wondering if you can manage to sort out for us to pick up the diamonds on the thursday is there any chance i can pick up the gold pass and goody bag?

Please wait until Monday, okay? More details will be posted then. Jason has posted what he knows - which was some information to go by at least - but the more detailed info will be coming when the office staff is back again. Right now the people who are in the know about this are resting on their well deserved weekend.

• Like 1

• Showmasters Admin

guys... really. i know people are angry, dissapointed, etc but come on. can any of you give me one good answer as to what good is going to come of moaning on here? the passes arent being emailed out - its done no matter how much we dislike it. QS, even Jason... they are messengers (meant with no disrespect). they didnt make any of the decisions nor as is quite clear, do they have any of the answers. if we want things found out like pre pick-up i have faith they will do that...

but things like when the decision was made or why it took so long... lets face it SM CEO wouldnt ever give us a straight answer to that so why are people expecting the forum mods to even know that answer? lol.

refunds... the shop.

complaints... email addresses, etc

constructive requests/suggestions... forum

lets start using this forum properly before it ends up being locked down, stopping any potentially helpful suggestions that will help us all with this issue being brought up

errrrrr :-) i am the "CEO" of SM the last time i looked :-)

this did make me smile :-)

jason

• Like 3

hi just wondering if you can manage to sort out for us to pick up the diamonds on the thursday is there any chance i can pick up the gold pass and goody bag?

Please wait until Monday, okay? More details will be posted then. Jason has posted what he knows - which was some information to go by at least - but the more detailed info will be coming when the office staff is back again. Right now the people who are in the know about this are resting on their well deserved weekend.

ok but thanx for the quick reply and hopefully will all be sorted out so no 1 will be stressed out like they are at the moment

Thanks for that Sam, that made me laugh.

Totally agree, having felt the same way I couldn't have put my reaction any better than this lol.

I only went away for probably less than an hour and couldn't believe what I came back to!

Edited by Wrong Name
  • Like 1

Totally agree, having felt the same way I couldn't have put my reaction any better than this lol.

I only went away for probably less than an hour and couldn't believe what I came back to!

That's the sign that you must never ever step away from the forum again. We all live here now. This is a local forum for local people.

• Like 2

That's the sign that you must never ever step away from the forum again. We all live here now. This is a local forum for local people.

and camels

• Like 1