Diamond Pass Information

If it was said it would be posted and that has changed, you are well with your rights to ask for a refund.

im going down that route now, ive got screen shots from here and facebook saying that they will be posted out, and i paid for the pass on the understanding that it would be posted to my home address, anything between now and a week before the event. i will be taking action on this, im just waiting to be banned from here now for being upset that the goal posts have been moved and were all supposed to just sit here and take it. i was in line for 1 hr 10 mins last year for a refund on a photoshoot that i missed and i can see this being one hell of a long line.

Yes I think I will ask for a refund on my 5 diamond passes too ........ Lets get this straight I Q outside for over an hour on Saturday then get in and have to Q again for my passes and then again to purchase autograph vouchers.

This is 3 separate Q's before I even start to enjoy the show or try to get VQ tickets ...... mission impossible and most of the morning gone in line.

Do we ask the shop for a refund QS ?

• Like 1

Recorded Delivery is not guaranteed to turn up. Guaranteed Delivery isn't even guaranteed to turn up.

This is exactly what the Problem was last year.

I am going to forward your comments. Maybe a Thursday pickup is doable seeing there is crew around for set up. But I don't think a Sending out choice will be implemented now. Deciding on this was a lenghthy process. I am sure this Option has been considered.

i send around 1800 items a month special delivery and have never had a problem with them. im not able to drive the 2 hrs to collect before hand.

I am very happy to hear that you had different experiences. But 1800, that's less than 2 of the very busy photoshoots. We had enough people coming on here asking about missing Tickets that the mods can tell it happens a lot.

I was trying to come up with an option to ease your guys' worries. I realize this would not help everyone. But it is a try.

QS none of this is your fault obviously and i hope people dont take out their anger too much on you on here! Obviously delivery is out the question no matter how much people moan here, so i wont even bother complaining about that!

If however you are able to arrange Thursday pick ups for those of us about, that would be fantastic - would cut down the actual queues during comic con a bit at least.

and also just to bump someone else's question, if someone wants to come pick up their diamond pass on a friday but they dont have a friday entrance ticket could you please try and find out if they can still do so?

thank you again and on behalf of all forum users i apologise for the amount of negativity you are about to have to try and manage whilst being powerless to change anything :P

If you want to try for a refund then yes, you need to contact the shop.

Here and on Facebook we were saying the passes should be posted because that is what happened last year.

No one will be banned for posting criticism. We have said that again and again. But continued rudeness like some people have been showing in the last weeks is grounds for a ban. Just adding this before anyone thinks I have given them permission to curse.

• Like 1

Thabks Smithy. This is not the first time something like this is happening and it won't be the last.

I can only do what I always do, try to help.

Like you say, the mailing Option is not going to happen. But if there's other ways to make it easier I am happy to see if anything can be done.

• Like 1

Thank you for getting back to us QS. I hope I'd be able to do the Thursday pick up if they go for that option, I can try to get there during my lunch hour and ask my boss if I can be late back. That's if they go for it and depending on what the hours of collection would be.

Oh now I just hope Famke will have an afternoon photoshoot because I will never be able to entry and then have my pass for a morning session...

So stupid I was to chose Saturday for that ... And obviously I cannot change it now...

I have no idea why the change was made, honestly. What upsets me is that some people here seem to think that SM randomly decided to throw a dice and then call "oh, it's an even number, we just won't do mailing." There was thoughts being put into that process and it wasn't made as a spur of the moment decision.

I also totally get that on a personal level you had no issues with mail, even with 1800 mailings a month. However, this is like 1/10 if that of the amount of tickets SM sold. The more mailings, the bigger that number of failures gets. And as it's been said, what if 1799 mailings go right and the 1800th is yours and it goes wrong?

A little story from personal experience: I do on occasion get pins for friends in Disneyland Paris. Frozen is really popular with collectors still. Two years ago boyfriend and I went through hell and back picking up Frozen pins, that included me ending up with a broken foot. When we mailed those pins to my friends we slapped what is the German equivalent of this recorded express delivery with them. With insurance. One of these pins took a three week detour through the UK where it wasn't even scanned once. This was even more hell. Hell for me because I knew she wanted that pin really badly. Hell for her because "OMG you broke a foot and now Royal Mail loses the pin?" It did show up eventually, but we were scared like crazy. A ticket is replaceable. The pin at that point would have meant spending about 20 times more than we had spent. That was out of question. Both were major scares for the involved parties.

If everyone could calm down please now that would be much appreciated. If people keep making legal threats I have no choice but to close here, and I don't think anyone wants this.

I have informed Jason that people are really unhappy and asked him to come on. I can't promise when that will happen - probably at some point later tonight seeing he's up at crazy hours. But right now I've done what I can do.

For those worried about the morning photoshoots on pick up day: Those busy guests always have split shoots. Remember that even with a Diamond Pass you are free to go to the later shoot. I'll make sure I check with TooTall on Monday when he's back in the office - he's probably got it planned already anyway - to see that Diamond Passes are called first again for the afternoon shoots.

• Like 2

Oh now I just hope Famke will have an afternoon photoshoot because I will never be able to entry and then have my pass for a morning session...

So stupid I was to chose Saturday for that ... And obviously I cannot change it now...

You never know... not like your pass is in the post set in stone :P

drop SM an email. if you explain the situation, say you want to change the day because of the situation with the diamond passes... think they would rather try and help you change your day then have a potential refund for instance?

• Showmasters Admin

Hi all , queeny has brought this to my attention , as we have not had any emails about this ?

last year we had around 80 + Gold passes and Diamond being re sold on eBay and other places , this is not fair on real fans wanting to buy tickets to attend to meet the guests that they have wanted to meet for years , and we saw this as a thing that was only going to get worst , we also have some scams where tickets were sold to fans and were faked and these fans lost money and it created a lot of upset for the real fans of our events.

So this year we are trying out something new where you will get your passes at the show, we can check ID and the passes will only be seen live at the show which will stop the underhanded people that tried to fake and con unsuspecting fans out there.

At the end of the day we are here to run fun well run events and to protect the fans that have supported us over the years that have helped to make these amazing events happen and this is our way of staying ahead of the con men and scalpers that we encountered in the last two years.

We will have a full on team to help you get thought the reg in the morning and we do not see there being any real issues in being able to look after you all and give you want you have come to expect from us.

This year we have more crew and much more hall space and more places to just chill out and take in the atmosphere of the weekend , i know you will see the improvement we have put into this years events for you all to enjoy yourself so much more.

I hope that helps to explain why things have had to change even though we all know no one likes change :-)

See you all very soon

Jason

Edited by StuartG2198
  • Like 5

hey Jason :) i understand your reasonings,

a few points raised for you guys to consider...

do you reckon SM could arrange a Thursday pick up for those of us in London ready for the event and able to pick up our passes?

and also there were some people not attending the event Friday, but may be able to drop by to pick up their Diamond passes, would this be possible without a Friday entrance ticket?

i know you most likely cant give answers here and now... some food for thought :)

• Like 1

I have no idea why the change was made, honestly. What upsets me is that some people here seem to think that SM randomly decided to throw a dice and then call "oh, it's an even number, we just won't do mailing." There was thoughts being put into that process and it wasn't made as a spur of the moment decision.

I also totally get that on a personal level you had no issues with mail, even with 1800 mailings a month. However, this is like 1/10 if that of the amount of tickets SM sold. The more mailings, the bigger that number of failures gets. And as it's been said, what if 1799 mailings go right and the 1800th is yours and it goes wrong?

A little story from personal experience: I do on occasion get pins for friends in Disneyland Paris. Frozen is really popular with collectors still. Two years ago boyfriend and I went through hell and back picking up Frozen pins, that included me ending up with a broken foot. When we mailed those pins to my friends we slapped what is the German equivalent of this recorded express delivery with them. With insurance. One of these pins took a three week detour through the UK where it wasn't even scanned once. This was even more hell. Hell for me because I knew she wanted that pin really badly. Hell for her because "OMG you broke a foot and now Royal Mail loses the pin?" It did show up eventually, but we were scared like crazy. A ticket is replaceable. The pin at that point would have meant spending about 20 times more than we had spent. That was out of question. Both were major scares for the involved parties.

If everyone could calm down please now that would be much appreciated. If people keep making legal threats I have no choice but to close here, and I don't think anyone wants this.

I have informed Jason that people are really unhappy and asked him to come on. I can't promise when that will happen - probably at some point later tonight seeing he's up at crazy hours. But right now I've done what I can do.

For those worried about the morning photoshoots on pick up day: Those busy guests always have split shoots. Remember that even with a Diamond Pass you are free to go to the later shoot. I'll make sure I check with TooTall on Monday when he's back in the office - he's probably got it planned already anyway - to see that Diamond Passes are called first again for the afternoon shoots.

Thank you QS, like Smithy said we really do appreciate all the help and calming vibes you give us. Once we hear from Jason and hopefully a solution can be worked out we can all rest a bit easier.

Re your comments on Special delivery, it's always stuck in my mind that I remember a news segment years ago about an artist who sold her work on the internet and always sent it Special Delivery. She sent a client an originl piece that was worth about £5000 and had it inured on the Special delivery for that, Royal Mail lost it and refused to compensate her as she couldn't prove what was in it and it's value

They are generally good but not always.

Thank you QS ..... please wave your wand and make something happen ... thought you might have tried that last night playing France .... sorry could not resist lol.

I really don't want to have to face three Q's on Saturday. :no:

I tried too hard with the forum.Couldn't concentrate on the game due to being sidetracked. So everyone, hang your head in shame. :poki:

• Like 1

Hi all , queeny has brought this to my attention , as we have not had any email about this ?

last year we had around 80 + Gold passes and Dimond being re sold on eBay and other places , this is not fare on real fans wanting to buy tickets to attend to meet the guests that they have wanted to meet for years , and we saw this as a thing that was only going to get worst , we also have some scams where tickets were sold to fans and were faked and these fans lost money and it created a lot of upset for real fans of our events.

So this year we are trying out something new where you will get your passes at the show , we can check ID and the passes will only be seen live at the show which will stop the underhanded people that tried to fake and con unsuspecting fans out there.

At the end of the day we are here to run fun well run events and to protect the fans that have supported us over the years that have helped to make these amazing events happen and this is our way of staying ahead of the con men and scalpers that we encountered in the last two years.

We will have a full on team to help you get thought the reg in the morning and we do not see there being any real issues in being able to look after you all and give you want you have come to expect from us.

This year we have more crew and much more hall space and more places to just chill out and take in the atmosphere of the weekend , i know you will see the improvement we have put into this years events for you all to enjoy yourself so much more.

I hope that helps to explain why things have had to change even though we all know no one likes change :-)

See you all very soon

Jason

Thank you Jason , but the thought of 3 Q's for me before I start my day horrifies me. Getting in , Diamond pick up and then autograph voucher purchase ..... this could take ages.

• Like 1

Hi all , queeny has brought this to my attention , as we have not had any emails about this ?

last year we had around 80 + Gold passes and Diamond being re sold on eBay and other places , this is not fair on real fans wanting to buy tickets to attend to meet the guests that they have wanted to meet for years , and we saw this as a thing that was only going to get worst , we also have some scams where tickets were sold to fans and were faked and these fans lost money and it created a lot of upset for the real fans of our events.

I did think that this might be a reason as well.

Hi all , queeny has brought this to my attention , as we have not had any email about this ?

last year we had around 80 + Gold passes and Dimond being re sold on eBay and other places , this is not fare on real fans wanting to buy tickets to attend to meet the guests that they have wanted to meet for years , and we saw this as a thing that was only going to get worst , we also have some scams where tickets were sold to fans and were faked and these fans lost money and it created a lot of upset for real fans of our events.

So this year we are trying out something new where you will get your passes at the show , we can check ID and the passes will only be seen live at the show which will stop the underhanded people that tried to fake and con unsuspecting fans out there.

See you all very soon

Jason

Thank you Jason , but the thought of 3 Q's for me before I start my day horrifies me. Getting in , Diamond pick up and then autograph voucher purchase ..... this could take ages.

The autograph voucher lines are nowhere as bad anymore. Don't forget that the photo sales stay open online throughout the events now. That has taken a lot of pressure from the sales desk.

• Like 1

This is my first diamond pass. And I would have liked to have it before the event. Some of my friends are coming from Europe for this. They're disappointed at having to travel and then queue most of the morning before they even have their passes. I know you can't please everyone. I would have liked to been able to get my diamond pass in Friday and not have to pay to get it as I wouldn't want to do anything but pick it up as I would have been travelling most of the day.

• Like 1

Will we pick up all the passes at one desk or will all the guests have separate lines to get single pass holders through faster?

Separate lines I imagine, but this is nothing that Jason or I can tell for sure. I will put this on my list of things to check on Monday when the rest of the team is in the office.

• Like 1

See you all very soon

Jason

Thanks for coming on Jason all makes sense and I totally agree with picking them up to stop the touts and it is already a common trend with Will Calls before events anyways especially american ones, however I think if something could be arranged to pick them up Thursday that would ease both ours a the crews time and stress especially as a lot of us have hotels booked for the original dates.

Either way i'm looking forward to LFCC and hope you take on board any feedback from the fans!

I don't see what the problem is with picking up on the day. I have been to other events where this happens and had no issues.

Not everyone will collect at the same time.

That's what I was saying earlier as well, SM are well versed in this from doing the same with the entry tickets at the conventions but I do get why people are worried as it's just more to do first ting when you are trying to get other things done, especially if there is a diamond related activity around opening time.

Thank you QS ..... please wave your wand and make something happen ... thought you might have tried that last night playing France .... sorry could not resist lol.

I really don't want to have to face three Q's on Saturday. :no:

I tried too hard with the forum.Couldn't concentrate on the game due to being sidetracked. So everyone, hang your head in shame. :poki:

You didn't miss much QS...................... sorry