Diamond Pass Information

• Showmasters Admin

Hi everyone, and sorry for the delay!

We will be sending out an email - hopefully today - with information in regards to the distribution of Diamond Passes and goodies.We're just finalising some of the details.

Please can we remind you that our moderators do the best they can, and as soon as they have information, they do give it to you guys, the customers, so please respect them.

Showmasters

So it's confirmed we do have to collect at the events. Thank you SM for making me have to join yet another queue!!

Edited by Murph
  • Like 3

I'd rather collect than go through turmoil when Royal Fail lose the pass...

Should have been sent out to us by recorded delivery. There are 7 diamond pass guests as it stands. Even with only 100 for each sold, that's potentially 700 people heading to a desk to wait and collect. Not happy at all.

• Like 2

Not ideal - I could do without the queue and having to have both diamond pass AND printed ticket to access the photoshoot is super annoying. But given the fallibility of Royal Mail probably the best option.

Edited by Persephone1

I assume that everybody with a diamond pass will not arrive at the Olympia the same day nor the same time on a day as anybody else with a pass, so the queue should not be too long, I guess.

Thank you SM ! :)

Print outs would probably be a good plan depending on what the wifi is like

You can always use an app (not sure about android but there is either Wallet/Passbook and the Eventbrite app on iOS) or just download the PDF onto the phone itself before you come so you don't need Wifi to access them. The problem with the Wallet/Passbook app is that it doesn't show batch numbers but that shouldn't matter for the diamond passes.

I assume that everybody with a diamond pass will not arrive at the Olympia the same day nor the same time on a day as anybody else with a pass, so the queue should not be too long, I guess.

Also they are well versed in this kind of set up from the Sherlocked and other events that use the same pick up method. Whilst I am just guessing, they will probably have a desk for each guest and you just queue, show your tikcet, get your pack and move on. Unless anyone has any problems it should be fairly quick.

The problem with the Wallet/Passbook app is that it doesn't show batch numbers but that shouldn't matter for the diamond passes.

Unfortunately it doesn't show the day you chose for photoshoot either. So best to go with the PDF.

Agreed, it should hopefully be a quick process as well. I'm going all three days but the 2 diamond guests I've got are only going Sat/Sun so my plan is to pick them up sometime on the Friday. I'll keep an eye on the desk and when it's not busy I'll collect then as I won't need them that day.

Good to see people being more positive than I. But I feel there will be a lot of disappointed/stressed people on the day.

I've done a gold pass pick up (before they handed out outside) and that was a slow process of collecting from desk inside. I wait to be proved wrong.

• Like 2

Also they are well versed in this kind of set up from the Sherlocked and other events that use the same pick up method. Whilst I am just guessing, they will probably have a desk for each guest and you just queue, show your tikcet, get your pack and move on. Unless anyone has any problems it should be fairly quick.

Judging by a lot of the comments here there are people who are only doing single days or just the weekend not the friday so have faith it'll all work out

The problem with the Wallet/Passbook app is that it doesn't show batch numbers but that shouldn't matter for the diamond passes.

Unfortunately it doesn't show the day you chose for photoshoot either. So best to go with the PDF.

Yup sorry, just seen that as well, sorry.

I'd rather collect than go through turmoil when Royal Fail lose the pass...

Should have been sent out to us by recorded delivery. There are 7 diamond pass guests as it stands. Even with only 100 for each sold, that's potentially 700 people heading to a desk to wait and collect. Not happy at all.

I doubt that every attendee with a diamond pass ticket will be attending on Friday and all wanting to get their ticket as the doors open, all at the same time. I have only 1 diamond ticket this year and won't be picking mine up till I leave on Friday around 2 or 3.