Signs of the Time

rogue_entity

So certain actors are synonymous with a particular role(s) for instance Robert Enguland it's Freddie Kruger, Dolph Ludgren it's Ivan Drago, Daniel Radcliffe...Harry Potter and so on...

However has anyone ever taking a particular piece of memorabilia or brought up something (i.e. a role) with a guest that has made them either laugh, look surprised or cringed.

For instance Bruce Campbell laughed when I brought my VHS copy of Congo for him to sign and even spoke to Ernie Hudson about it.

Michael Culver was surprised when I asked for a Cadfael picture to be autographed and Mark Addy laughed when I mentioned the Thin Blue Line...

Anyone got similar.

Edited by rogue_entity
  • Like 1

The only one I've ever done like this was at last years Sherlocked Whilst I got a few Sherlock items signed by him, I also asked Mark Gatiss to sign one of the Doctor Who books he wrote that I've had for years, because as well as cast signed posters I love signed books. He looked pleasantly surprised to see it and said "oh, that's an old one!". I told him how I've had it for years and remembered where it was so I had to get him to sign it.

In 2014 I met Steve Punt and Hugh Dennis when I saw them on Stage down here in Southend, before the show I asked Hugh to sign an (empty) two pint bottle of Cravendale (Milk).

That was a favourite, and to this day remains one of my favourite Autographs.

First time I met Gillian Anderson was at the Johnny English prem and she signed a copy of Bleak House.

In the same year, meeting Kate Winslet everyone had the obvious for her to sign, I held out a music c.d. :)

I also had Cannibal Corpse sign my copy of Ace Ventura: Pet Detective (they are the band playing as Ace makes his way through the club).

They are Jim Carrey's favourite band and are incorrectly credited as Cannibal Corpses on the credits.

I would say Dolph Lundgren is more synonymous with the roles of He-Man and the Punisher. But, as with many actors and actresses, it is down to the person. As regards Englund and Radcliffe, they will pretty muchbe defined by Krueger and Potter.

Maybe He-Man but Punisher? I don't even think Thomas Jane is synonymous with that role. It may be a cult favourite but it's hardly revered like Hugh Jackman's Wolverine, Wesley Snipe's Blade, Ron Perlman's Hellboy or Ryan Reynold's Deadpool.

I would say Dolph Lundgren is more synonymous with the roles of He-Man and the Punisher. But, as with many actors and actresses, it is down to the person. As regards Englund and Radcliffe, they will pretty muchbe defined by Krueger and Potter.

Maybe He-Man but Punisher? I don't even think Thomas Jane is synonymous with that role. It may be a cult favourite but it's hardly revered like Hugh Jackman's Wolverine, Wesley Snipe's Blade, Ron Perlman's Hellboy or Ryan Reynold's Deadpool.

As I stated, it is down to the person to decide.

Northing comes to mind as standing out, but I have always tried to find something different to get signed. I hate to go with the flow.

It depends on what you best love an actor/ess for.

For instance I love Robert Engulund for Freddy and got him to sign my ANOES boxset (1-6) I wouldn't get him to sign The Adventures of Ford Fairlane just to 'stand out'...at the end it'd only be putting me out.

Now I genuinely love War of the Buttons and Dog Soldiers so if Liam Cunningham were to be announced (hint, hint) I'd get those 2 DVDs signed in addition to a Ser Davos Seaworth picture; the role he's most probably famous for.

I totally agree but in a general concencus I don't believe people associate Mr. Lundgren with the Punisher that's just experience from table talk and internet banter...but that's neither here nor there. I mean my wife associates Sylvester Stallone with Stop or My Mom With Shoot or Chris Evans with Not Another Teen Movie...

Northing comes to mind as standing out, but I have always tried to find something different to get signed. I hate to go with the flow.

For instance I love Robert Engulund for Freddy and got him to sign my ANOES boxset (1-6) I wouldn't get him to sign The Adventures of Ford Fairlane just to 'stand out'...at the end it'd only be putting me out.

Now I genuinely love War of the Buttons and Dog Soldiers so if Liam Cunningham were to be announced (hint, hint) I'd get those 2 DVDs signed in addition to a Ser Davos Seaworth picture; the role he's most probably famous for.

I believe you mayhave misunderstood my using the phrase "standing out". I used it in the context that nothing comes to mind that stands out in the format of comign to mind instantly or being a memorable moment/meeting. In other words, everything I have had signed is relevant and/or normal and thus it does not act as a memory bookmark where I go "I remember when I got singer X or actress Y to sign item F or CD H".

As regards Englund, I would struggle to remember anything else I have seen him in aside from the Elm Street films. To me Robert is Freddy, Freddy is Robert.

I imagine most people meeting Jamie Kennedy at London will get something signed for his role in Scream. I however may get a photo signed for his part in Ghost Whisperer if that counts.

If I was told that I could get an autograph from Jamie (he is not on my list as one to get), then for me it would join one of these collections.

The Cleveland Show

Jay & Silent Bob

King of the Hill

Criminal Minds

And purely because it is work on franchises that I adore.

It is this mindset that got me into the body of work by Jeremy Renner. I met him at a proper hotel based stay over weekend convention about 14 years ago in London that had a Buffy & Angel theme. He was only in one episode, but it was how he was at the convention itself. He came to the parties, drank with the fans and had fun. Top bloke.

I totally agree but in a general concencus I don't believe people associate Mr. Lundgren with the Punisher that's just experience from table talk and internet banter...but that's neither here nor there. I mean my wife associates Sylvester Stallone with Stop or My Mom With Shoot or Chris Evans with Not Another Teen Movie...

It is funny how people can associate different people with totally different things. If you polled big Marvel fans then I would say that Frank Castle would win. But if you do mainstream film fans then again it would depend on age. Modern day may point towards The Expendables films, but 80s teenagers would probably say Ivan Drago. There are many variables for many different people and then you have even more variables.

But to me Dolph is He-Man and The Punisher.

Chris Evans was brill in Not Another Teen Movie and the role I like him best in and the first thing I saw him in

For me, I wouldn't say laugh or cringe, but it was with Michael Madsen and he turned around and was surprised that I had gotten a poster of "Dishonored: Knife of Dunwall" and he said to me he didn't know the character he was voicing.

Whilst I was getting a GoT poster signed by him, and pretty much everyone else had either GoT/Aqua-man/Stargate stuff to be signed, I told Jason Momoa how much I really enjoyed 'Road to Paloma' (and I meant it too), and he seemed appreciative of that.

Wish I had the Blu-Ray to get signed :no:

In 2014 I met Steve Punt and Hugh Dennis when I saw them on Stage down here in Southend, before the show I asked Hugh to sign an (empty) two pint bottle of Cravendale (Milk).

Lovely........

..........Milky Milky

I believe you mayhave misunderstood my using the phrase "standing out". I used it in the context that nothing comes to mind that stands out in the format of comign to mind instantly or being a memorable moment/meeting. In other words, everything I have had signed is relevant and/or normal and thus it does not act as a memory bookmark where I go "I remember when I got singer X or actress Y to sign item F or CD H".

As regards Englund, I would struggle to remember anything else I have seen him in aside from the Elm Street films. To me Robert is Freddy, Freddy is Robert.

Admittedly I did find it rather ambiguous.