Latest Guest Announcement - CARL WEATHERS

I remember seeing a video from a few years back when he was at either E3 or San Diego Comic Con, signing autographs for fans, and in the video he said how he loved meeting his fans and he appreciates people coming to meet him. He seemed pretty genuine. I would imagine he'd be expensive, but I wouldn't ever say he's impossible. The same used to be said about Diana Rigg, Ian McDiarmid, Denis Lawson, Gillian Anderson, John Simm, Michael J Fox, Sigourney Weaver, hell even Christopher Lloyd at one point and we all know how many times he's been over since. Never mind the fact that even Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sly Stallone have done events to meet their fans over the last couple of years. There have been countless people who 'don't do conventions' until they actually do them.

That's encouraging to hear. It's just that I remember reading an article some years back that Mr T has been asked numerous times to attend UK conventions and he's declined. But this was a while ago and has you have said we have had guests attend who would have seemed impossible. I hope I do get a chance to meet him some time.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi - Can anyone who has already encountered Carl at a previous event possibly help me out with these questions:

Was he personalizing autographs and adding quotes (such as 'aint gonna be no rematch' etc)?

Were you allowed to have a photo taken with him at the autograph desk?

Also, I'm wondering if it may be possible to have 2 photo sessions with him as I'm kind of keen to get one of the 2 of us facing each other in a typical boxing face off pose as well as the standard arm around each other shot!

Hi - Can anyone who has already encountered Carl at a previous event possibly help me out with these questions:

Was he personalizing autographs and adding quotes (such as 'aint gonna be no rematch' etc)?

Were you allowed to have a photo taken with him at the autograph desk?

Also, I'm wondering if it may be possible to have 2 photo sessions with him as I'm kind of keen to get one of the 2 of us facing each other in a typical boxing face off pose as well as the standard arm around each other shot!

Even if he did it doesn't mean he will here or vice versa unfortunately.

You can buy as many photo sessions as you want, but you have to have a ticket for each photo you want. You cant get 2 pictures on 1 ticket.

I remember seeing a video from a few years back when he was at either E3 or San Diego Comic Con, signing autographs for fans, and in the video he said how he loved meeting his fans and he appreciates people coming to meet him. He seemed pretty genuine. I would imagine he'd be expensive, but I wouldn't ever say he's impossible. The same used to be said about Diana Rigg, Ian McDiarmid, Denis Lawson, Gillian Anderson, John Simm, Michael J Fox, Sigourney Weaver, hell even Christopher Lloyd at one point and we all know how many times he's been over since. Never mind the fact that even Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sly Stallone have done events to meet their fans over the last couple of years. There have been countless people who 'don't do conventions' until they actually do them.

That's encouraging to hear. It's just that I remember reading an article some years back that Mr T has been asked numerous times to attend UK conventions and he's declined. But this was a while ago and has you have said we have had guests attend who would have seemed impossible. I hope I do get a chance to meet him some time.

I heard that the reason he didn't do cons over here was because he "ain't getting on no plane, fool,"

Thanks for the replies. I am actually going to the Bournemouth Con in September which Carl will also be attending but I didn't get any answers when I posted the same question in that forum so I thought I'd also try here!

So having said that, is there a possibility that because Bournemouth will be a smaller venue, they may be a bit more casual about taking photos at the desk and Carl adding quotes to the signed photos?

Also, do you think he will be ok with doing a boxing face to face stand off pose for the photo shoot? I might be too apprehensive to ask him!!

Thanks for the replies. I am actually going to the Bournemouth Con in September which Carl will also be attending but I didn't get any answers when I posted the same question in that forum so I thought I'd also try here!

So having said that, is there a possibility that because Bournemouth will be a smaller venue, they may be a bit more casual about taking photos at the desk and Carl adding quotes to the signed photos?

Also, do you think he will be ok with doing a boxing face to face stand off pose for the photo shoot? I might be too apprehensive to ask him!!

I met him last year in Cardiff and there was a sign saying no posed photos, he personalised a few items with names, especially boxing gloves so people don't sell them on. You will just have to ask at that moment. The photo op itself would depend on how he feels as that moment. There were a few posed photos face to face.