Autographs with Diamond Passes

Icena

Hi,

Sorry but there's been a couple of posts on this and I'm honestly still confused by it. I have a Diamond Pass for Mads and am only attending on the Sunday. I thought this would be fine (as on the ticket it states "Autograph can be got on any day the guest attends.") but now I'm hearing that we might possibly be assigned a day for autographs? Sorry I'm sure I'm just confused and reading things wrong but I'd really like some clarification, thanks :)

Hi,

Sorry but there's been a couple of posts on this and I'm honestly still confused by it. I have a Diamond Pass for Mads and am only attending on the Sunday. I thought this would be fine (as on the ticket it states "Autograph can be got on any day the guest attends.") but now I'm hearing that we might possibly be assigned a day for autographs? Sorry I'm sure I'm just confused and reading things wrong but I'd really like some clarification, thanks :)

Where you hearing it?

Hi,

Where you hearing it?

On the Jeremy Renner announcement thread, unless I'm reading it wrong.

All that was said was that last year some of the diamond pass autos were set to specific days for collection. Nothing has been said about this method being used this year, all we know it what it says on the terms on the ticket page which is that autographs will be done in ticket number order. The usual way of running autos is that you will be called up in batches, say 1-20 initially, then 1-40, 1-60 ect. You cannot go through until your number has been called but you can go through any time after that.

Unless something is said differently then we have to presume this is the method they will be using for Diamond pass holders.

Edited by Raylenth

Guys, you really panic way too easy.

I put like 20 advance warning to my post. I don't know how much More I can do.

Raylenth has already summed everything up kindly. The Main reason I put this warning was because people seem to be expecting to go through exactly when they want to. But a guest can only sign so and so much autographs a day. As autographs are done in number order a guest may not be seeing the higher numbered Diamond Passes the first day if they signing slow.

Does this make sense to everyone?

• Like 1

Raylenth has already summed everything up kindly. The Main reason I put this warning was because people seem to be expecting to go through exactly when they want to. But a guest can only sign so and so much autographs a day. As autographs are done in number order a guest may not be seeing the higher numbered Diamond Passes the first day if they signing slow.

Thanks for clarifying but I wasn't panicking, I was just asking for some clarification as the information given seemed to be different than from what was on the ticket, i.e. the "autos can be got on any days" line.

Thanks for clarifying but I wasn't panicking, I was just asking for some clarification as the information given seemed to be different than from what was on the ticket, i.e. the "autos can be got on any days" line.

Hi Icena, where does it give you the slightly different information? Is it on your ticket that Eventbrite sent you? Can you copy and paste the relevant bit here so that we can see what it says?

Hi Icena, where does it give you the slightly different information? Is it on your ticket that Eventbrite sent you? Can you copy and paste the relevant bit here so that we can see what it says?

Yeah, it's just on the Eventbrite site, on the part where you selected your photo day:

"Please select the day you want your included photo shoot(s): This day selection is ONLY for your included photo shoot(s). Autograph can be got on any day the guest attends. Talk(s) are on the day(s) in the pass description."

[quote name="Queen_Sindel" post="1977405" timestamp="

But a guest can only sign so and so much autographs a day. As autographs are done in number order a guest may not be seeing the higher numbered Diamond Passes the first day if they signing slow.

As I understand it though, if this is the case then the guest would not be able to sign any VQ tickets either as Diamond pass holders get priority...

Yeah, it's just on the Eventbrite site, on the part where you selected your photo day:

"Please select the day you want your included photo shoot(s): This day selection is ONLY for your included photo shoot(s). Autograph can be got on any day the guest attends. Talk(s) are on the day(s) in the pass description."

Thank you Icena, it's what it says on the main ticket page but without the bit about number order. Queen_Sindel, maybe the office could ask Eventbrite to amend the description a bit to make the pages a bit more uniform in the description?

[quote name="Queen_Sindel" post="1977405" timestamp="

But a guest can only sign so and so much autographs a day. As autographs are done in number order a guest may not be seeing the higher numbered Diamond Passes the first day if they signing slow.

As I understand it though, if this is the case then the guest would not be able to sign any VQ tickets either as Diamond pass holders get priority...

Diamond passes are the only one guaranteed to get autographs from Diamond pass guests as they do get priority. That doesn't mean any VQ ticket holders won't get through though, just that the only way you can guarantee it is to buy the diamond pass. Last year most of the diamond guests bar MJF (It was stated before hand that he was ONLY signing for diamond passes) did get through some VQ ticket holders (not sure if they did any on the Saturday, or if it was just Sunday they managed to see them). How many in each case I don't know but they did get to the VQ holders. It does depend on how quickly they sign and how much they are doing during the days as well though. Also on how many diamond passes they sell.

Edited by Raylenth

We have already told you that this is the case, but I am happy to confirm that yiur understanding is still correct.

Happened with Christopher Lloyd last years, and Robert Englund too. Christopher saw a few VQ ticket holders which were let in shortly before the days ended.

The only reason a VQ ticket holder may be let in is when the line is dead.

Sorry for the messed up quotes, my phone doesn't like the forum today.

No worries Raylenth, was honestly just confused by the conflicting info. I can purchase a Sat ticket if necessary, just didn't want to do it if the Eventbrite information was the correct one.

We have already told you that this is the case, but I am happy to confirm that yiur understanding is still correct.

Happened with Christopher Lloyd last years, and Robert Englund too. Christopher saw a few VQ ticket holders which were let in shortly before the days ended.

The only reason a VQ ticket holder may be let in is when the line is dead.

Sorry for the messed up quotes, my phone doesn't like the forum today.

Thanks QS, yes I understand it, was just adding my two cents!

No worries Raylenth, was honestly just confused by the conflicting info. I can purchase a Sat ticket if necessary, just didn't want to do it if the Eventbrite information was the correct one.

You mean you are coming Sunday only? Then the 'may not get Seen the first day' bit didn't apply anyway. ;) You can go any time after your number was called, same system as vq Tickets.

• Like 1

Last year, I had a few diamond passes. Michael J. Fox was the only one where I can remember being assigned an autograph day. This was Sunday, although I was actually able to get his autograph on the Friday. For the others, I got my autographs when I wanted, and simply joined the back of the autograph queue when I wanted to. So, I wouldn't worry personally. From my experience of attending SM events with a gold pass and/or a diamond pass, it has been extremely rare that I have experienced any issues, and where issues have arisen, these have been completely out of my control (e.g. a guest getting ill and cancelling on the day).

Just to update: I mentioned this to TooTall and he confirmed that none of the current Diamond Guests will be on the MJF system.

Diamond Passes are called in number order - not exact number order, but batches like with vq Tickets. So how many Diamonds get through on one day only depends on how fast the guest signs.

Just to update: I mentioned this to TooTall and he confirmed that none of the current Diamond Guests will be on the MJF system.

Diamond Passes are called in number order - not exact number order, but batches like with vq Tickets. So how many Diamonds get through on one day only depends on how fast the guest signs.

Thanks QS!

I'll add an extra question then :) With a diamond pass, can you get more than the one guaranteed autograph? Or do you need a vq for that? I hope the first, as I would prefer to get my stuff signed at once instead of seperately, but I understand if it's the second. (I tried searching the forum for this, but wasn't getting specific enough threads, sorry...)

• Moderators

I'll add an extra question then :) With a diamond pass, can you get more than the one guaranteed autograph? Or do you need a vq for that? I hope the first, as I would prefer to get my stuff signed at once instead of seperately, but I understand if it's the second. (I tried searching the forum for this, but wasn't getting specific enough threads, sorry...)

You wouldn't need to queue again but you will need to pay however much extra per autograph when you go into the signing area.

When you enter the signing area you will get your diamond pass punched, you will then be able to pay for your extras.

Edited by StuartG2198
  • Like 1