Break The Bank

rogue_entity

Which guests would you 'break the bank' to meet? By 'breaking the bank' I mean paying over £100 to meet (be it for an autograph or picture).

If you want you can break it up into those living and those sadly no longer with us (think fantasy festival).

For me it'd be:

RIP:

Sir Christopher Lee

Peter Cushing

Vincent Price

Alive:

George A. Romero

Robert Downey Jr.

RIP

Robin Williams

Sir Author Conan Doyle

Alan Rickman

Jeremy Brett

Ronald Howard (I loved him as Sherlock)

William Hartnell (Any of the Doctors from Doctor Who who are sadly no longer with us)

Alive

Liam Neeson

Matt Smith

Sean Bean

Martin Freeman (Maybe?)

Lucy Lawless

Kevin Sorbo

Simon Pegg

Being into video games more than anything else I'd pay anything to meet any video game voice actors/game developers etc..

There is probably loads more people but those are off the top of my head lol

RIP:

Jim Henson

Rik Mayall.

Alive::

MICHELLE PFEIFFER - I'd not just break the bank I'd turn the bank over so that I could afford to get a photoshoot with her, preferably with her dressed up as either Catwoman OR Susie Diamond, course they'd have to wheel in a piano.

Adam Hughes - a geek can dream.

Stephen King - oh, if only.

Dennis Muren - mind you this is on the basis of Fantasy.

Jack Nicholson

I love attending conventions and meeting guests but would find it difficult to justify paying over £100 no matter who they were.

I could justify over £100 for Harrison Ford, on the basis a Han Solo is at least worth 10 stormtroopers

Dennis Muren - mind you this is on the basis of Fantasy

Only fantasy in that no one would invite him and expect most of us would pay that much for him. He was at the last event in the US and probably would have signed my books for free, except rather than go ask him I didn't want to lose my place in an oversubscribed queue to see Episode 3 in 3D

Edited by TerraHawk

I love attending conventions and meeting guests but would find it difficult to justify paying over £100 no matter who they were.

I could justify over £100 for Harrison Ford, on the basis a Han Solo is at least worth 10 stormtroopers

Dennis Muren - mind you this is on the basis of Fantasy

Only fantasy in that no one would invite him and expect most of us would pay that much for him. He was at the last event in the US and probably would have signed my books for free, except rather than go ask him I didn't want to loose my place in an oversubscribed queue to see Episode 3 in 3D

I would gladly pay thatmuch for him, course it would be difficult to know what to get him to sign Star Wars, Indy, Jurassic Park the list is endless - personally I would have left the queue. Few years back I got to meet Bill George and John Goodson (by chance) if I'd have known I would have schlepped up the first ILM book for Bill.

It would have to be someone who was either one off or a special event like MJF last year

This year combined I will spend around £1400 but that also includes hotel, travel, food and shopping factored in as well as the guests.

I did book the Sam Neill diamond pass simply because I doubted he would do many events.

My dream list is

Michael Keaton

Harrison Ford

Mark Hamill

Kevin Conroy (probably the only voice actor i really want to meet)

Chris Pratt

Robert Downey Jr

2nd list

Carrie Fisher

Daniel Bruhl

Andy Serkis

Brad Dourif

Doug Bradley

3rd tier

Elijah Wood

Oscar Issac

Leigh Whannell

James Wan

These aren't all break the bank worthy but guests i would book without having to think about it

Edited by john1980

£100 is a lot of money for a bit of ink but to me it is about the opportunity to meet a hero/someone you admire however briefly. Some guests are great at signing through the mail for free, but as someone who has always enjoyed collecting autographs, I do place a massive premium on knowing the thing signed in front of me is 100% legit, so I would be happy to 'break the bank' for certain people.

I'll start by saying that I would have paid £100+ for Patrick Stewart, Gillian Anderson in 2012/13, Sigourney Weaver last year and Famke Janssen this year. All from my personal dream list of guests who I am very grateful cost A LOT less than what I would have been prepared to pay.

The others I'd find the money for because no doubt their fees to attend would be large:

- Timothy Dalton

- Sean Connery

- Roger Moore

- Judi Dench

- Sean Bean

- Al Pacino

- Harrison Ford

- James Earl Jones

- Will Ferrell

- Ian Holm

- Harry Dean Stanton

- Ridley Scott

- James Cameron

- Tom Hardy

- Christian Bale

- Michael Caine

- Liam Neeson

- Michelle Pfeiffer

- Samuel L. Jackson

- Bruce Willis

But these three I would rob the bank for! My top 3 guests who I would go into meltdown over if heaven and earth moved and somehow Showmasters persuaded them to attend:

- Jack Nicholson

- Arnold Schwarzennegger

- Pierce Brosnan

Edited by Dent_1

Gillian Anderson...I wouldn't care what the price was...She's number 1 on my list of must meet guests

Looking forward to meeting Marina Sirtis in October who is Number 2 & Famke Janssen who's also in my top 10 :)

Edited by Jabberwocky50

Nobody period !

Well nobody alive that is lol The way I Iook at it is I cant really justify spending out more than say £30 for a autograph after all what am I going to do with it ? Bung it in a folder where it wont see the light of day again for 6 months lol I could put it up on a wall how ever I currently have 110 10x8" in my stairs ( which is the best place as there is no direct sunlight ) how ever to put one up I have to take one down and since they are all Doctor Who related I couldn't think of anyone from Dr Who that I would pay more than £30 for to put up there !

That's just my opinion :)

Some people I know couldn't justify a fiver for an autograph; it depends on your level of devotion. Some people will do extraordinary things to meet their heroes; be it queuing for hours to get a brief glimpse, travelling thousands of miles or forking out money to be up close and personal.