ok... so i think ive decided on a metal poster to get Jeremy to sign... thoughts on best way of transporting it? would people recommend just a simple poster bag (cant really roll up a metal poster!)?

or does anyone have a better suggestion?

I fashioned a caddy envelope type thing from tissue paper - I sealed it sides and bottom with tape and made it a little larger than the displate, carried it in the above mentioned clear case that I had inserted a large foam board into to give it some rigidity and just reached in, and slid the displate in and out easily. It worked perfectly. The tissue paper, though obviously fragile stood up to the rigours of a weekend event and was soft enough not to damage the signatures,

ok... so i think ive decided on a metal poster to get Jeremy to sign... thoughts on best way of transporting it? would people recommend just a simple poster bag (cant really roll up a metal poster!)?

Glad you went with my suggestion! At least there was more choice on that site.

• Like 1

looking at measurements yes it should fit in art folder :D will follow raylenths advice as much to the letter as i can :P

forgive me for a potentially dumb question here, but never got anything metal signed before... im assuming sharpies are best? or does anyone know of anything better for metal?

planning/hoping to get my autograph on saturday, if you see me in the queue feel free to come say hi!

Glad you went with my suggestion! At least there was more choice on that site.

yh it was a fantastic suggestion :D i wasnt overly sold on the one you found, but after a lot of searching i stumbled upon them and found one on there i love :D plus the ones on those site are all signed at creation so the item itself has collector's value pre-autograph :) so yes... was a fantastic idea thank you :D

• Like 1

looking at measurements yes it should fit in art folder :D will follow raylenths advice as much to the letter as i can :P

forgive me for a potentially dumb question here, but never got anything metal signed before... im assuming sharpies are best? or does anyone know of anything better for metal?

planning/hoping to get my autograph on saturday, if you see me in the queue feel free to come say hi!

Trust me when I say the sharpies are fine. People said it to me when I got mine but as I wasn't sure and it's not easy to test it on the Displate due to lack of test area's, I didn't get BC to sign it at Sherlocked in case it didn't work and I did regret it after when it turned out they were right in the first place.

This is my displate signed in copper sharpie

DSCF1499.jpg

And it framed in a box frame

DSCF1605.jpg

I know they don't need to be framed, they are designed to just stick straight on the wall, but framed I don't have to worry about cleaning it if it got dusty.

• Like 1

You might be lucky that there will be one but most of the time with bigger guests I find they usually mainly have their bigger roles. As usual if you want an image from a particular role it's always best to source it before and take it with you.

• Moderators

Even if they do have an 'Angel' image available it will probably be in pretty small numbers (same for other smaller & guest roles), so would not be guaranteed to still be available when you went through. As Raylenth said, I'd definitely advise sourcing your own image in this case.