It's indeed how Raylenth has correctly guessed: The Diamond Pass photo allocation for Saturday has run out. Diamond Pass holders got to choose the day of the shoot because of some of the issues this time. Last time the "I can't make the day I am supposed to go" requests increased so much that it caused problems and delays on the Saturday.

I currently have no info that more Saturday Diamond Pass slots will be added. Personally I don't think so, the numbers were picked to ensure everyone gets through okay.

The info you got from the shop is entirely correct. If you are attending Saturday only and want a Diamond Pass you will need to buy the Diamond Pass and get an extra Saturday photo ticket, basically losing the Sunday photo. The Diamond Passes are really tailored for attendees being there at least Saturday & Sunday, the events are spread out.

So i'm going to have to pay for both? Not really fair having to spend so much on a diamond pass being a weekend thing when one: you're only there one day and two: you can only use it once anyway for picture and autograph so kind of pointless being a weekend thing when used it in one day

But Spencer the diamond pass is designed to have the activities spread over the weekend. It's no one's fault if someone buys the pass and only intends to attend one day and thus cannot fit it all into that day for whatever reason. Did you see what I said about the auto's above? Chances are that if you are buying now, depending on how many they have sold so far your auto number might not be called until Sunday anyway. It really is unfortunate if you can only attend the 1 day but the diamond passes have never been sold or advertised as allowing you to do everything in a single day. It's unfortunate that most people who have already purchased a diamond pass have selected the Saturday photo but again, that's no one's fault either.

The other option you have is to pay for everything separately. Buy a Saturday shoot and use the pre order service for the autographs. OK you won't get to meet him when your item is signed, but you will still be able to get your photo and autographs, just not in the way you ideally wanted.

Edited by Raylenth

Is there no way you can attend Sunday as well? The biggest guests are always going to be the hardest to get simply because they will be the most popular. They aren't impossible without a diamond pass but there will be a lot of Gold pass holders in first who will want them and then the standard entry people all scrabbling for a VQ ticket. Between all the daily activities, once the diamond pass holders have gone through they will only have time to see so many VQ ticket holders. I know most of the big guests did go to VQ tickets last year but you did have to be willing to stay for the entire day. What you can do if you want to try on the VQ's is once you have the VQ ticket in the morning and have done everything else you want to do, is to leave the venue, get your hand stamped so you can get back in and do something outside for a few hours, as long as you made sure you were back at a reasonable time before the close of the show to try for the VQ queue.

Even with that though you do have to be prepared for the fact that there will also be a lot of other attendees wanting to get through as well and it's possible that not everyone will. The crew are very good at trying to usher us through as quickly as possible so that the maximum number get through but they can still only see so many people and factors like how quickly they sign and how many items each attendee wants signed all play into it.

Edited by Raylenth

Yeah i missed out on bill paxton and hayley atwell last year. We was bored waiting around doing nothing and vq weren't being given out anymore so was pointless staying. Only problem was our train tickets were at 6 so had to wait there till that time :/

Same again this year due to kids, work, travel, money we can only come down for the day or not at all. I wanted to change to sunday but got tickets and train tickets so can't. I already had to preorder dolp, ron perlman, famke janssen because knew wouldn't get to meet them lol. I'm a massive rocky and avengers fan so this year was my year lol.

Is there no way you can attend Sunday as well? The biggest guests are always going to be the hardest to get simply because they will be the most popular. They aren't impossible without a diamond pass but there will be a lot of Gold pass holders in first who will want them and then the standard entry people all scrabbling for a VQ ticket. Between all the daily activities, once the diamond pass holders have gone through they will only have time to see so many VQ ticket holders. I know most of the big guests did go to VQ tickets last year but you did have to be willing to stay for the entire day. What you can do if you want to try on the VQ's is once you have the VQ ticket in the morning and have done everything else you want to do, is to leave the venue, get your hand stamped so you can get back in and do something outside for a few hours, as long as you made sure you were back at a reasonable time before the close of the show to try for the VQ queue.

Even with that though you do have to be prepared for the fact that there will also be a lot of other attendees wanting to get through as well and it's possible that not everyone will. The crew are very good at trying to usher us through as quickly as possible so that the maximum number get through but they can still only see so many people and factors like how quickly they sign and how many items each attendee wants signed all play into it.

Didnt think gold pass made any difference for autographs and if not got diamond pass vq ticket needed wven if gold entry holder for diamond pass???

Didnt think gold pass made any difference for autographs and if not got diamond pass vq ticket needed wven if gold entry holder for diamond pass???

It doesn't but since GP holders get into the venue a couple of minutes earlier that regular ticket holders, the lowest VQ tickets will probably be GP holders anyway.

It doesn't but since GP holders get into the venue a couple of minutes earlier that regular ticket holders, the lowest VQ tickets will probably be GP holders anyway.

I guess thats true if you look that way.

Yes Gold passes do make a bit of a difference. As said Gold pass holders will need VQ tickets for the diamond pass guests but as they are the first people to be let into the venue they will get the low numbered VQ tickets and therefore most likely to be able to get through after the diamond pass holders. That's not to say that they will all want all of the diamond guests VQs or that standard ticket holders won't get through.

It's totally down to your preference. Personally I'd always go for a poster and would never have a dvd signed but I know there are people on here who would say the reverse! It all comes down to which you prefer and have space for!

It's totally down to your preference. Personally I'd always go for a poster and would never have a dvd signed but I know there are people on here who would say the reverse! It all comes down to which you prefer and have space for!

Yes I agree, posters look so much better and are timeless, DVD/Blue Ray covers will look as out of date as a signed VHS cover when the next format takes over...

I think it comes down to one thing.

Space.

Posters are massive, no room for one anywhere for most people. Dvds covers are a fraction of the size and space.

Also the format/age means nothing if the art on the cover is good. I prefer Laserdiscs signed, they look amazing! Even 20 or 30 year old ones. Quality art shines through, the format does not matter :-)

If I had a gigantic home with epic wallspace for vast amounts of posters, then I may think of posters :-D

Yes I agree, posters look so much better and are timeless, DVD/Blue Ray covers will look as out of date as a signed VHS cover when the next format takes over...
Edited by RomeroSavini

I haven't seen any laser disks so can't comment on the art work but when we discussed it recently (there's a couple of threads on signing stuff in the General Chat section) yes those who go for DVD's said the same thing. For me there's just to much going on on them for room for signing. I've rejected a couple of posters for the same reason actually. Between the main actors head being very prominent ant the programme/film details there wasn't any extra room on there.

I bought a poster carrying tube from Amazon so it'll be easier for me to carry around all day. :)

Thing like that can make a big difference, and keeps your hands free a bit more.

I've just been thinking about how to carry my posters at the venue...

I'm in a bit of a quandary as on the one hand an art file will keep the items flat and readily accessible at those all important (brief) signing moments, but on the other hand files can get squashed and damaged when making your way around a crammed hall.

The alternative is a carrying tube which is easier to take around with you but it's harder to keep the posters open at the signing tables as they have a tendency to revert to rolled shape...

First world problems eh????

• Like 1

Recently I used one of these https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mapac-11043-Project-Bag-A3/dp/B0027IX2MG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1467918334&sr=8-2&keywords=art+folder.

I attached string so that I could sling it over the shoulder and put everything inside. Books, pictures, Displate. I'm going to get it down from the loft this weekend so it's ready but also I'm going to see if mine is big enough for my poster tubes and if it is I'll just carry them in that. I does still mean you have to get them out of the tubes but I've been doing that for years and it's not too hard. You just get it all ready between the payment table and the front of the queue.