Attendee's Attire

What are people's thoughts on cosplaying as a character when there are no related guests to the film/show, attending the con?! I had planned on cosplaying as Tina from Nightmare on Elm Street at Bolton con, when meeting Robert Englund and Amanda Weiss, but that got cancelled. I'm dying to wear my outfit! But will it look odd cosplaying as her at LFCC when they are not attending?

I've also got the issue that I've got a photo with Dominic Monaghan on the Saturday and don't want to be in Tina cosplay when I meet him! Im not sure whether to get changed just for his photo. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm attending Fri/Sat only.

What are people's thoughts on cosplaying as a character when there are no related guests to the film/show, attending the con?! I had planned on cosplaying as Tina from Nightmare on Elm Street at Bolton con, when meeting Robert Englund and Amanda Weiss, but that got cancelled. I'm dying to wear my outfit! But will it look odd cosplaying as her at LFCC when they are not attending?

I've also got the issue that I've got a photo with Dominic Monaghan on the Saturday and don't want to be in Tina cosplay when I meet him! Im not sure whether to get changed just for his photo. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm attending Fri/Sat only.

It's not weird at all! I was planning on cosplaying Amanda from Saw long before Tobin Bell was announced. People often just tend to cosplay whoever they want, regardless of who is attending in the way of guests.

If you're worried about photoshoot outfits, it might be advisable to change if you can, but that would involve carrying a bag for clothing with you on the day. Entirely up to you. Guests seem to like cosplays, though. :)

• Like 1

Go for it!!! It adds to the variety of day. It'd get boring just having a 100 Hellboys or 100 Jean Greys. I think it's no different from wearing say a Metallica t-shirt to a Coldplay concert. Who knows you may even inspire people to check out NOES after seeing you. :)

• Like 1

Thanks for your advice and reassurance Faerie and Rogue!

Ideally I would cosplay as Tina on Friday and then wear something else on the Saturday when I have my photo with Dominic Monaghan.

Trouble is there's a Freddie cosplayer who is only attending Saturday and I want my photo with him on that day, whilst in my Tina cosplay! Which means I would have to get changed out my wig for my Dom photo, and my hair will be a mess underneath. lol.

I was just about to buy another Dominic photo for Friday but he's not attending Friday!

This really isnt working out well for me this year. I've only got the one photo op booked and Ive nothing to do on the Friday! :( I want to cosplay to make it more fun!

Thanks for your advice and reassurance Faerie and Rogue!

Ideally I would cosplay as Tina on Friday and then wear something else on the Saturday when I have my photo with Dominic Monaghan.

Trouble is there's a Freddie cosplayer who is only attending Saturday and I want my photo with him on that day, whilst in my Tina cosplay! Which means I would have to get changed out my wig for my Dom photo, and my hair will be a mess underneath. lol.

I was just about to buy another Dominic photo for Friday but he's not attending Friday!

This really isnt working out well for me this year. I've only got the one photo op booked and Ive nothing to do on the Friday! :( I want to cosplay to make it more fun!

I'm sure you'll find other Freddies there :) Besides people may wish to take a picture of just Tina :)

Edited by rogue_entity
  • Like 1

I almost hope there are other Amandas there but at the same time I don't. My cosplay is so awkwardly thrown together this year I'll ve devastated if someone else pulls it off better.#notpettyiswear

Yet I still haven't started the sewing process... guess I'm going to wait until the week of the con and panic.

Am sure it doesn't :) I liked your half finished pic... good to see not only a female doctor cosplay, but one where you are putting your own flare on it, rather than just wearing the outfit exactly as it is on TV. It's fans experimenting with what we love that keeps these events going

Why would your legs be an issue?

Too fat. I tried like 10 pairs of shoorts today and unfortunately I can't change the fattness of my legs.

I know it all boils down to how comfortable you feel, but honestly-- cosplay whatever you like, regardless of what your body looks like! Nobody is going to think or say anything bad. I don't really have the thighs or stomach to pull of Babydoll from Sucker Punch but I went for it anyway and had fun doing it. :)

• Like 1

Baby doll from suckerpunch...? Was that last year? I am gutted I didn't see you about! Great character

It was, but not LFCC. It was at CMK. As much as I enjoyed cosplaying her, though, I'm looking forward to a cosplay that doesn't require heavy false eyelashes and uncomfortable wigs. :)

Baby doll from suckerpunch...? Was that last year? I am gutted I didn't see you about! Great character

It was, but not LFCC. It was at CMK. As much as I enjoyed cosplaying her, though, I'm looking forward to a cosplay that doesn't require heavy false eyelashes and uncomfortable wigs. :)

picture!!

Am sure it doesn't :) I liked your half finished pic... good to see not only a female doctor cosplay, but one where you are putting your own flare on it, rather than just wearing the outfit exactly as it is on TV. It's fans experimenting with what we love that keeps these events going

well i wanted to have something cool, but i am not really sure now. I may do skirt, but then the suspenders are lifting it up a bit so i will end up pulling the skirt down every now and then