Countdown....

evilfairie

I shouldn't look at the tickets page when my husband is in the room. I mentioned that I was tempted to get the Mark on the 221B set shoot. He said, "Yeah. Just do it."

So I did it.

Exactly the same situation here! Mine rolled his eyes indulgently first, laughed, then said "Do whatever makes you happy." It turns out that doesn't include running away with Benedict Cumberbatch. Honestly, he's no fun.

I did buy that shoot, though.

• Like 3

I shouldn't look at the tickets page when my husband is in the room. I mentioned that I was tempted to get the Mark on the 221B set shoot. He said, "Yeah. Just do it."

So I did it.

Exactly the same situation here! Mine rolled his eyes indulgently first, laughed, then said "Do whatever makes you happy." It turns out that doesn't include running away with Benedict Cumberbatch. Honestly, he's no fun.

I did buy that shoot, though.

Mine's said I could have Martin if I was willing to take care of him and keep him out of trouble. But went on to say he didn't think I could fit him in my suitcase, so he didn't know how I planned on getting him through customs.

• Like 2

I have decided I may go for Mark on the 221b set once the schedule is out, will need to see if it clashes with a paid talk or any other talk I'd want to see as being only Gold I'll be having to wait longer in the queues this time.

I'm trying to remember how things work for any shoots I have bought extra. I have a Rupert shoot Batch 1 for the Sunday, I presume being Gold I have to wait till all the groups have been through including Silver before I can queue? I just have priority once Batch 1 has been called before all the weekend/day ticket holders and silver ticket holders who haven't got Rupert included in their package? (does this make sense?) Can someone confirm this for me?

I could have even asked this before but I'm forgetting now in the stress of it all. So many talks I would love to see this time. :blush:

Edited by evilfairie
  • Like 1

I think you are right. I presume that the package holders with him as part of their assignment will go first, probably in package order, then they will call everyone up in batch number order. Whether they will then sort the batches out into ticket type order I don't know. That seems like it might be too much to ask given how busy it can all be, they may just call everyone up in a mass. However as Gold, if you needed to be somewhere else I presume you could ask to be fast tracked.

I think you are right. I presume that the package holders with him as part of their assignment will go first, probably in package order, then they will call everyone up in batch number order. Whether they will then sort the batches out into ticket type order I don't know. That seems like it might be too much to ask given how busy it can all be, they may just call everyone up in a mass. However as Gold, if you needed to be somewhere else I presume you could ask to be fast tracked.

No harm in asking I guess, be nice to be at the front of the batch queue if I do have a clash.

Well hey! They've added some production people to the official guests list:

Beryl Vertue

David Arnold

Michael Price

Arwel Wyn Jones

Claire Pritchard-Jones

Sarah Arthur

We knew about most of them, but Beryl is new!

• Like 1

Whilst I loath to post this because of the appallingly antagonistic writing, and deliberate misunderstanding of the way events work http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3793783/Benedict-Cumberbatch-snubs-fans-paid-3k-meet-actor-chooses-family-holiday-three-day-Sherlock-convention.html

Edited by Raylenth

Well hey! They've added some production people to the official guests list:

Beryl Vertue

David Arnold

Michael Price

Arwel Wyn Jones

Claire Pritchard-Jones

Sarah Arthur

We knew about most of them, but Beryl is new!

Thanks jhw, I wouldn't have seen that as there hasn't been an announcement for a lot of them! Was Sarah there last year? I know Claire was and with Arwel's announcement Id have expected her but can't remember if Sarah was there.

Additionally if anyone hasn't seen it they have posted teasers on Facebook of a couple of items that will be in the auction and invited guesses as to what they are.

14391007_636552196521216_338946978620777

14292419_636552229854546_780420229267541

Interesting to get a hint of Mycroft's middle name.

EDIT: actually I guess it's the maths book Mrs Holmes wrote.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 1

Great to have confirmation of the production people! I'm sure Sarah was there last time, I think she's in my production team photo, but I still in bed so I can't check right now!

I spoke very briefly to Beryl last time: she was clearly delighted to be there, and it was really a privilege to meet someone who's been so significant in tv here.

• Like 1

Great to have confirmation of the production people! I'm sure Sarah was there last time, I think she's in my production team photo, but I still in bed so I can't check right now!

I spoke very briefly to Beryl last time: she was clearly delighted to be there, and it was really a privilege to meet someone who's been so significant in tv here.

Just had a look at mine and Sarah was there.

Whilst I loath to post this because of the appallingly antagonistic writing, and deliberate misunderstanding of the way events work http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3793783/Benedict-Cumberbatch-snubs-fans-paid-3k-meet-actor-chooses-family-holiday-three-day-Sherlock-convention.html

This article is outragious, it was never stated that Benedict would be at Sherlocked and paying 3,000 is not the only way to meet him. Last year my daughter met him and she didnt pay nearly that much. Heaven forbid that he should need a holiday with his family, surely that's his business and I dont see why they need to point out who he is going on holiday with or being surprised that his wife and son are included in this. The comments are also pretty awful, made it sound as though he never made an effort to meet his fans.

• Like 1

This article is outragious, it was never stated that Benedict would be at Sherlocked and paying 3,000 is not the only way to meet him. Last year my daughter met him and she didnt pay nearly that much. Heaven forbid that he should need a holiday with his family, surely that's his business and I dont see why they need to point out who he is going on holiday with or being surprised that his wife and son are included in this. The comments are also pretty awful, made it sound as though he never made an effort to meet his fans.

I know. Unfortunately the Mail do it all the time. They said almost exactly the same thing last time, how outrageous it was that people had to pay £3000 to meet him, deliberately ignoring that there were plenty of other options to meet him, and that the photo shoots were more than reasonable From the articles I've seen they just seem to hate him as 90% of their articles about him are the same tone. Unfortunately, and I don't mean any disrespect to other attendees, some fans don't help as people do get outraged when it's realised he's not attending, screaming that they want their money back, that the organisers deceived them but they simply don't care to understand. You can't explain to them that he was never advertised as going, that it was said months ago that he's going to be really busy and would be unlikely to be there - All they see is that it's a Sherlock event so Sherlock should be there come rain or shine or commitments. Yes he is Sherlock but at no point did that mean it was the Benedict Cumberbatch convention and oh a few other irrelevant people may come as well. Unfortunately they scream the loudest and the Mail pick that up and run with it. The comments are awful but many people seem to hate his success and how outspoken he is on certain issues. It's the same for anyone who dares have an opinion in that kind of position though, so it's not just him, it's just because he's a lot more high profile.

Unfortunately reactions like this seem to happen more and more these days - some of the comments were the same when Ron Pearlman had to cancel LFCC this summer. Some people choose not to understand the basis of these events - that guests are not guaranteed and they they can and do cancel if other things come up. Some 'fans' just think it's perfectly acceptable that these people should dedicate themselves to doing everything the fans want and submitting to our very whim and if they don't they don't care about us.

Frankly I think we have been phenomenally lucky with Benedict. He does do events (and he did last years whilst being unwell) and he's sought the fans out often when he didn't have to - the London Zoo situation springs to mind when he spotted a person with a Sherlock bag and went over. Given the trouble he has with the attention of some people, and the fact that he can be mobbed I think it's amazing of him to have anything to do with us and these events as it is.

Yes i do wish he was there but hopefully if there is another one he may be able to do that one.

Sorry. Rant over.

• Like 2