Countdown....

evilfairie

Well a PM function would be nice. Ah well. I'm sure we can figure something out. If nothing else, if we meet up on Friday, maybe I could just get a hard copy of your schedule from you there?

If everyone who wants to meet up is on Facebook, is that an easier place to discuss things?

I'll make sure to print an extra one just in case anyone needs it. I am not known as the Office Mummy for nothing! I'll also have tissues, sticking plaster, headache tablets, hand sanitiser and anything else we might need in my capacious, Mary-Poppins-esque massive bag.

I'm on Facebook, in the Sherlocked: Introductions group; you'll spot me as my avatar here is the same as my current profile picture.

I've posted a quick anyone want to do a Friday meet-up? question at the Facebook Sherlocked Intros page.

• Like 1

Great!

Any ideas on what time or a location? I was thinking it might be good to meet before the open hours of 6-8, maybe just outside the entrance?

That sounds sensible. Last time there was quite a queue for registration so perhaps we should aim more for the nearest area of seating to avoid getting mixed up in it. How about 5:45? I'm getting there earlier in the day so will probably register in the afternoon, then pop off for a bit to do something else, and come back to ExCel for the evening opening; but I suspect others will only arrive after work.

I'm wondering when they are going to announce the talks and put them on sale, I don't need to buy them myself but there really is not long to go now and at this rate I think it's going to be one mad dash during the last week for the day/weekend pass holders. Maybe they are waiting till they put the schedule up?

Last year this forum was much more busy wasn't it...

Wondering how many people will come without any of the leads as guests.*

Still hoping for Arwel, Danny, Davey Nellist and maybe Ian Hallard to be there.

Also wondering who will be the host this time. I loved David (even if I might be in the minority)

*not that I worry. The less the better - for us! :D

Last year this forum was much more busy wasn't it...

Wondering how many people will come without any of the leads as guests.*

Still hoping for Arwel, Danny, Davey Nellist and maybe Ian Hallard to be there.

Also wondering who will be the host this time. I loved David (even if I might be in the minority)

*not that I worry. The less the better - for us! :D

Re David, I haven't seen any of the others to compare him to but I liked that he got straight to the point last year and told people not to ask for hugs ect from Benedict. It's difficult to say either way on the subject of MC's as there's good and bad. It does stop a lot of people being able to ask questions but then you also get fewer stupid ones and he does generally know what to ask the guests.

Interestingly Arwel has just replied to presumably you (there can't be that many JP's who live in Germany ;)) on Twitter with a wink so maybe that means 'watch this space', who knows!

I keep having dreams that we get there on the Saturday and they go 'We kept it as a surprise for you all but Benedict's dropped in!"

Well a PM function would be nice. Ah well. I'm sure we can figure something out. If nothing else, if we meet up on Friday, maybe I could just get a hard copy of your schedule from you there?

If everyone who wants to meet up is on Facebook, is that an easier place to discuss things?

I'll make sure to print an extra one just in case anyone needs it. I am not known as the Office Mummy for nothing! I'll also have tissues, sticking plaster, headache tablets, hand sanitiser and anything else we might need in my capacious, Mary-Poppins-esque massive bag.

I'm on Facebook, in the Sherlocked: Introductions group; you'll spot me as my avatar here is the same as my current profile picture.

I'm not on Facebook, but I'd like a meet up before we go in. When everyone says "Platinum A", do you mean the photo shoot group you chose when you booked your ticket? I don't think we've been assigned a group based on ticket number yet?

Great!

Any ideas on what time or a location? I was thinking it might be good to meet before the open hours of 6-8, maybe just outside the entrance?

That sounds sensible. Last time there was quite a queue for registration so perhaps we should aim more for the nearest area of seating to avoid getting mixed up in it. How about 5:45? I'm getting there earlier in the day so will probably register in the afternoon, then pop off for a bit to do something else, and come back to ExCel for the evening opening; but I suspect others will only arrive after work.

I will be getting to my hotel at about 5 pm, so I can meet you outside the hall.

So anyone who'd like to meet-up, how about Friday 5:45 to 6-ish, just outside the main entrance to the convention. Meet on the right of the entrance (as you are facing the convention.) Sound good?

Yep, sounds good! Just bear in mind, as I said, that there will likely be a queue for registration right outside our hall, so we might need to look out for each other.

• Like 1

I just saw someone tweet that the talks schedule was up on the website - I just went and checked, and lo and behold, it is, with no announcement from the organisers! But go check it out. Lots to see, and more good stuff on the second stage. Looks good!

(And for those of us still wishing for a last minute guest announcement, there is still one talk slot on the main stage listed as "to be announced". The game is never over, boys and girls)

• Like 3

I just saw someone tweet that the talks schedule was up on the website - I just went and checked, and lo and behold, it is, with no announcement from the organisers! But go check it out. Lots to see, and more good stuff on the second stage. Looks good!

(And for those of us still wishing for a last minute guest announcement, there is still one talk slot on the main stage listed as "to be announced". The game is never over, boys and girls)

Can you let me know where it is Pink Lady? I can't find it.

Where's the schedule showing? I'm not seeing it.