Countdown....

evilfairie

It was a it easier last time with Ben's autos because it was only Plats, one each and no personalisation; and we had two specific time slots, so it was easier to plan. I fear it might take a very long time this year.

You already answered my question! Thanks for doing the schedule as well, I started doing one in that format last night but it was only when I sat down to admire my handiwork I realised I'd put Cumberbatch down on the Saturday!

• Like 2

I didn't have platinum last time so didn't go near his autograph queue but I've got something in the back of my head that says they had an allocated signing slot for him last time or have i got that completely wrong? I suppose it might be different this time because it seems to be opened up this year with everyone theoretically getting the chance for an autograph.

I keep remembering things that he's been in that I like so I'm getting to the point where I'm going to need to draw the line somewhere, even if they are relaxed on numbers of things to be signed at some point its just going to get too expensive!

What will make it a bit harder this year is as technically everyone can try for him his queue will be totally LFCC style which means if you go when your number is called it should be fine, if one were going to try later, after their number has been called there might be problems. Reason? Well as they only allow a certain number of people in the queue to keep it manageable but full it means if you wanted to go later, when you get there it might be hard to get in the queue if it's full and lots of other people who have come later are also trying to get in. Make sense?

Oh and whilst I'm hopeful I doubt he will be personalising.

As I stated above I already have an autograph without personalisation from him from last year thanks to my Platinum pass at that time. How will we know if he will personlise the autographs this time? I now only have a Weekend pass and I don't want to pay 55 Pounds and queue for I don't know how long for another autograph without personalisation.
I'd ask at the desk for his queue, which is where you'll buy your auto anyway. I'm sure they'll know from the start.

Oh and whilst I'm hopeful I doubt he will be personalising.

As I stated above I already have an autograph without personalisation from him from last year thanks to my Platinum pass at that time. How will we know if he will personlise the autographs this time? I now only have a Weekend pass and I don't want to pay 55 Pounds and queue for I don't know how long for another autograph without personalisation.
I'd ask at the desk for his queue, which is where you'll buy your auto anyway. I'm sure they'll know from the start.

Usually the official position is that they will put a sign up behind his desk saying 'no personalisations' but obviously we won't see that until we are in the queue as he (along with Mark and Amanda I'd imagine) will be in a booth again rather than at a more public desk to stop people hanging around the area hoping to get a glimpse. However at their other events the more popular the guest the less likely they are to do personalisations as it takes up time, so they stop it in order to get through more people. There isn't going to be a guest more popular than Benedict, especially as he's only there for 1 day, so whilst it's not impossible, in my experience I'd be surprised if he were personalising.

As The Pink Lady suggested, get a VQ ticket in case, but then maybe go back once the auto's have started (as they will be rushed off their feet being mobbed for the VQ tickets first thing) and ask the people on his queue.

Edited by Raylenth

I'm not so lucky. Actually I should be more relaxed than last time. I am, actually, but not much.

vala_04.gif

I thought you were VIP J.P? Surely you have no stresses at all, no queuing for you what so ever.

Well I have no idea of my schedule yet (the exclusive VIP stuff) :(

But it's more about getting there. Murphy's law etc. If you spend such a sum, the stress is huge because you have a lot to loose. (I know, I know... it's my own fault :) )

I didn't have platinum last time so didn't go near his autograph queue but I've got something in the back of my head that says they had an allocated signing slot for him last time or have i got that completely wrong? I suppose it might be different this time because it seems to be opened up this year with everyone theoretically getting the chance for an autograph.

I keep remembering things that he's been in that I like so I'm getting to the point where I'm going to need to draw the line somewhere, even if they are relaxed on numbers of things to be signed at some point its just going to get too expensive!

What will make it a bit harder this year is as technically everyone can try for him his queue will be totally LFCC style which means if you go when your number is called it should be fine, if one were going to try later, after their number has been called there might be problems. Reason? Well as they only allow a certain number of people in the queue to keep it manageable but full it means if you wanted to go later, when you get there it might be hard to get in the queue if it's full and lots of other people who have come later are also trying to get in. Make sense?

That was what I was thinking, I'm assuming though as hi autograph is included in the platinum package there will be some sort of priority access to his autograph queue but if you miss that then it could be a case of taking your chances with everyone else. Although on the Sunday afternoon last year I was in Mark Gatiss autograph queue and a few platinum pass holders who turned up after golds had been let in were inserted as far into the line as possible. I suspect a lot of these details are being looked at. As stressful as our individual timetables are, imagine being the poor sods who have to work out the timetables for the whole event!

That's what made me think of the Mark Gatiss example, his autograph was very busy even on Sunday afternoon with a lot of people not even able to join the queue. When Platinum holders did turn up later, they weren't added to the back of the queue but the crew were looking to the furthest point forward they could get them in. It was quite funny because one person I saw felt a bit uncomfortable because she felt like she was pushing in despite having the higher value ticket package than me, I practically had to force her to go ahead of me in the line!

• Like 2

That's what made me think of the Mark Gatiss example, his autograph was very busy even on Sunday afternoon with a lot of people not even able to join the queue. When Platinum holders did turn up later, they weren't added to the back of the queue but the crew were looking to the furthest point forward they could get them in. It was quite funny because one person I saw felt a bit uncomfortable because she felt like she was pushing in despite having the higher value ticket package than me, I practically had to force her to go ahead of me in the line!

That might have been me! I felt really quite awkward sometimes being moved forward and felt really sorry for everyone who'd been waiting ages.

• Like 1

That might have been me! I felt really quite awkward sometimes being moved forward and felt really sorry for everyone who'd been waiting ages.

Yeah I felt that way too last year, it was margenly better when someone in a offical shirt shuffled you in, it was worse where one of the queues had no supervison the people queuing were like well your gold so you should go before me.

• Like 1

Well good news for me, my new poster finally turned up. Hoping it take signatures ok as it feels weird, almost wallpapery. The description says it's Kodak ENDURA Premier Paper so I'll have to see how it goes with the first auto.

Cool! Look forward to seeing it.

I may scribble on the back with a Sharpie tonight to see what it's like.

I've done a few jobs tonight.

Divided my tickets into the days I need them for. I don't want to take them all with me every day so i'll leave them at home until I need them.

Got out my items for signing and either packed them or put them out for packing when I get back on Saturday for Sunday.

Paperwork collated - I've got my schedule by Pink LadyTM, I've printed off the master list of the photo shoot allocations so I can cross them off as I've had them done so I have a quick visual guide to the one's i've done, and I have my autograph list categorised by item and who is signing it and by person and what I want them to sign.

Sharpies are out and ready for packing

Rigid carry cases are ready. I'll have to remember to bring one on Friday, if they are doing the set shoots as they originally said on Friday I'll want something to bring them home in

Money is ready.

I've revised my auto list and cut it down. I originally had 2 posters on it but I've cut one out (the Victorian episode poster) and I'll just stick with the one now. In hindsight 2 seemed over kill, especially with all my other stuff to be framed, 2 cast posters seemed an expensive duplication. This also gives me spare cash to spend on wall paper samples :whistling: Maybe. I'm not sure.

• Like 2

I've just been doing the same thing, printed out my package and BC 221b eventbrite tickets, didn't get anything else so those were the only two I needed! I've done an adapted version of Pink Lady's timetable to just show the shoots I've got, I'd have got myself all confused otherwise! I've done a quick budget spreadsheet which fortunately hasn't come out too badly. I'm going for a10x8 from each guest, then the guests that were here last time along with any of the crew who are signing on my Abominable Bride poster (the one I ordered hasn't come out perfectly but it's pretty good) then some of the new ones on my 221b door multi signed 10x8.

Feel exhausted now!

• Like 2

I've done some looking out of things for signing, partly packed, and sorted out all my travel tickets and con tickets. I still have lots of jobs to do, but I've taken a day's leave tomorrow so I will have all day to finish off. Including personalising my schedule as there are some things I will drop to make it less frantic. Thank goodness for some extra time. I'm sure I was more organised than this last year!

It's so soon now! I am properly excited.

I've printed off all tickets and lady pinks schedule, brought a new dress and shoes for party night, plus washed the rest of the clothes i want to take and have rough mental image of what I want to pack tomorrow. The schedule looks mostly doable. Quick question though if a person has two photo shots like lousie on sunday can i go to either one? Also on sunday Rupert's photo starts the same time a louises talk, the talk sould finish 15 min before the photots end, should I stay for all the talk then rush to the photo or do the photo first then rush to the talk a just end up sitting futher back?

I've done some looking out of things for signing, partly packed, and sorted out all my travel tickets and con tickets. I still have lots of jobs to do, but I've taken a day's leave tomorrow so I will have all day to finish off. Including personalising my schedule as there are some things I will drop to make it less frantic. Thank goodness for some extra time. I'm sure I was more organised than this last year!

It's so soon now! I am properly excited.

I haven't actually had a chance to have a look at it yet to see how bad it's going to be so I want to do that tomorrow. I think I'll just highlight the stuff I definitely have to do and maybe star the stuff I can live without. So much depends on how it all goes on the day. However there will always be some queuing so if you have a gap of 30 mins somewhere you might only be able to get 1 or 2 auto's in that time!

I've printed off all tickets and lady pinks schedule, brought a new dress and shoes for party night, plus washed the rest of the clothes i want to take and have rough mental image of what I want to pack tomorrow. The schedule looks mostly doable. Quick question though if a person has two photo shots like lousie on sunday can i go to either one? Also on sunday Rupert's photo starts the same time a louises talk, the talk sould finish 15 min before the photots end, should I stay for all the talk then rush to the photo or do the photo first then rush to the talk a just end up sitting futher back?

Depends on the number or batch of you photo ticket for Loiuse, if its a low number you will probably be able to go to either, if its a higher number/batch then it will be the second shoot

I've checked I've got all my tickets and written under them which batch they are to remind me as it doesn't say on the actual ticket itself. Turns out I'm batch 2 for Amanda's shoot and not batch 1. Taken out my art poster from it's frame for Amanda's and Alistair's autos and packed my Hamlet programme to hopefully get signed by Benedict. All other auto's I'll put in my Chronicles book which is also in my case. Woke up at 3.30 this morning so after 2 hours of failing to get back to sleep I decided to get up and get organised. So now am all packed. :)

Can't believe it's tomorrow and I've been waiting 8 months for this. :D

Edited by evilfairie
  • Like 2

I've checked I've got all my tickets and written under them which batch they are to remind me as it doesn't say on the actual ticket itself. Turns out I'm batch 2 for Amanda's shoot and not batch 1. Taken out my art poster from it's frame for Amanda's and Alistair's autos and packed my Hamlet programme to hopefully get signed by Benedict. All other auto's I'll put in my Chronicles book which is also in my case. Woke up at 3.30 this morning so after 2 hours of failing to get back to sleep I decided to get up and get organised. So now am all packed. :)

Can't believe it's tomorrow and I've been waiting 8 months for this. :D

Like me you are sleep deprived! I really must go to bed early tonight but at least I don't have to get up for work in the morning so I can have a bit of a lie in. I currently have bags under my eyes that I'd like to get rid of before Saturday!

I think you'll be fine for getting Ben, the advantage this time is that even for those with priority access we will still be called up in ticket number order so it's not going to be total chaos and you can keep an eye out on when you will be able to get through.

I've decided to reprint all my tickets so that I'm sure I've got them all and I have spares just in case.

I'm entering worry and over planning level 5 here. If I get any further I'll have a stern talking to myself.

On the other hand I'm actually kind of calm at the moment. What will be will be. As long as I get everyone's auto's, I don't mind missing out on a few photo's if it means I can get everything I want done. Just hoping that we can get out set shoots on Friday still seeing as it hasn't been listed in the schedules - not that they would take long as the queue's for it weren't huge last year seeing as you could go through whenever it wasn't in use for a guest shoot but it'll save 10 minutes where you could be grabbing another picture/auto.

• Like 1