Countdown....

evilfairie

I've been discussing with my friend and she said Benedict is probably starting promo soon? Is that correct?

Martin and Amanda have said before they don't like conventions so they are a big question mark to me.

Andrew's in America filming, and I for the full 100% believe he would be at Sherlocked if he could, but like what's been said before we don't know his schedule PLUS even if he was free the weekend of the convention, it would be an extremely exhausting weekend with flying to and from, doing the convention, and all that, so it's the question of whether he can manage/want to. He's a bit of a workaholic so it could be fine but we just don't know.

And then there's Louise(who I don't know anything about regarding what she's doing). Funnily enough I hadn't thought of her before she was mentioned either. Like people mentioned as well, it's a big 'announcement in 2 days' what Una and Rupert didn't get, so that makes me believe it's one of these 5, but the question is who.

Louise seems like the most obvious one to me at the moment.

I've been discussing with my friend and she said Benedict is probably starting promo soon? Is that correct?

Martin and Amanda have said before they don't like conventions so they are a big question mark to me.

Andrew's in America filming, and I for the full 100% believe he would be at Sherlocked if he could, but like what's been said before we don't know his schedule PLUS even if he was free the weekend of the convention, it would be an extremely exhausting weekend with flying to and from, doing the convention, and all that, so it's the question of whether he can manage/want to. He's a bit of a workaholic so it could be fine but we just don't know.

And then there's Louise(who I don't know anything about regarding what she's doing). Funnily enough I hadn't thought of her before she was mentioned either. Like people mentioned as well, it's a big 'announcement in 2 days' what Una and Rupert didn't get, so that makes me believe it's one of these 5, but the question is who.

Yes, Benedict will soon be doing a lot of promotional work for Dr Strange over the next couple of months, he also has filming coming up shortly for his next project (Can't remember what it is off the top of my head, other than I think he's playing Eddison).

I'm still on it being Ben (I'm going to be happy with a new guest, but disappointed it's not Ben, if it's not him) but the logic dictates that Loo isn't any more likely to get a build up than Una or Rupert.

Ben is going to be busy but it doesn't mean it won't be him, he'll be doing promo work in the UK as well I'm sure and just because filming is starting soon it doesn't mean they will need him on or around the weekend of Sherlocked. Same with Andrew. I don't know anything about what he is filming so don't know how big his part is but there's noting to say he will actually be filming around that weekend and he may be home. It also doesn't mean the guest will be doing the whole event, they may be only doing 1 day like Ben did last year, and Mark is doing this year, leaving rest time on the other day.

Ben is the most likely in my opinion but it doesn't mean any of them can be discounted.

Edited by Raylenth

and 4 weeks today I'll have had my photo taken in both chairs on the Victorian living room set. *squeeee*

You've booked 2 then? Fair enough!

Well my friend and I both have a ticket and were planning on doing a joint shoot so I figured we'd be able to swop chairs for the 2nd shoot and therefore I'd get to sit in them both ;)

At least I'm hoping we can change poses, from what I read in the FAQ's it sure sounds like you can.

Yes, Benedict will soon be doing a lot of promotional work for Dr Strange over the next couple of months, he also has filming coming up shortly for his next project (Can't remember what it is off the top of my head, other than I think he's playing Eddison).

I'm still on it being Ben (I'm going to be happy with a new guest, but disappointed it's not Ben, if it's not him) but the logic dictates that Loo isn't any more likely to get a build up than Una or Rupert.

Ben is going to be busy but it doesn't mean it won't be him, he'll be doing promo work in the UK as well I'm sure and just because filming is starting soon it doesn't mean they will need him on or around the weekend of Sherlocked. Same with Andrew. I don't know anything about what he is filming so don't know how big his part is but there's noting to say he will actually be filming around that weekend and he may be home. It also doesn't mean the guest will be doing the whole event, they may be only doing 1 day like Ben did last year, and Mark is doing this year, leaving rest time on the other day.

Ben is the most likely in my opinion but it doesn't mean any of them can be discounted.

image_zpst0tvovtg.jpeg

I will always be perpetually hopeful for Martin. But... he's currently filming in Australia. However... it is an independent film, which often have a short filming schedule. But... He doesn't want to do conventions. However... He's said he will do them if contractually obligated or if TPTB *really* want him to for promotion of the show.

So while I WANT it to be Martin (and Amanda) I Think it's going to be Benedict (which is fine.)

As long as the BIG guest announcement doesn't end up being "Crying Woman on the Couch's Stepdad." (However... Crying woman did turn out to be very nice.)

• Like 1

Exacty, Raylenth. (I feel like you thought me saying Benedict and Andrew were doing things meant that I thought they were definitely not coming, but that's not how I meant it. Just the fact they have other projects going, and outside of the borders, means it might not be easy to get them there, but it's not impossible, like I also said)

Edited by ieeerr

Exacty, Raylenth. (I feel like you thought me saying Benedict and Andrew were doing things meant that I thought they were definitely not coming, but that's not how I meant it. Just the fact they have other projects going, and outside of the borders, means it might not be easy to get them there, but it's not impossible, like I also said)

Not at all :smile:

31 and a half hours to go!

I'd be happy with just about anyone but there's a part of me that hopes it's Ben & that there will be a shoot w/ at least Ben and his parents but my dream shoot would be all four of the "Holmeses". That just sounds so cool.

If it's him it's possible but as Mark is only there Sunday it will also depend on if he's there for the whole event or if just one day which one!

So many questions.

AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Can't wait any more! :dance::stretcher:

• Like 2

17 hours to go. I plan to be asleep for about ten of them. That will get some of the waiting out of the way.

Trouble is for me I've been on an early shift this week and have been getting up at 4.30 so I find it difficult to sleep in no matter how much I want to :grump: I was awake at 6 this morning and probably will be again tomorrow, so no sleeping it away for me :no:

I'm really wanting it to be Ben now too *tries not to hope too hard and end up being disappointed*

Me too. I keep thinking about how likely it will be to be someone else given some of the actors popularity, and going 'but would they be classed as 'big'' over and over again.

I'm secretly saying to myself 'it won't be Ben' to prepare for it but of course I've kind of convinced myself it can't be anyone else.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 1

I really think there will be a massive hoo ha if it ends up being someone other than a lead. So as Martin is 99.9999% out then that leaves Ben. It COULD be Amanda as she hasn't been before and I think they 'could' kind of class her as 'big' but not everyone will agree there am sure,

But Lou is on the same level as Rupert and Una imo and they didn't give them a lead up, Same goes for AS really.

(I know am just rehashing old comments, kind of 'typing out loud'

• Like 1

Hmmm.. Andrew not having such a big announcement and being on Una and Rupert-level... I'm trying to figure out whether I'm biased or not, but would he really? I've often said he's not a 'household name', but regarding Sherlock, and him being THE Moriarty, I think he would get a big announcement like this? Am I wrong to think like that?

Hmmm.. Andrew not having such a big announcement and being on Una and Rupert-level... I'm trying to figure out whether I'm biased or not, but would he really? I've often said he's not a 'household name', but regarding Sherlock, and him being THE Moriarty, I think he would get a big announcement like this? Am I wrong to think like that?

I don't think that Andrew was counted as a Lead Guest last time, or is my memory faulty?