Attending: Sunday

Autograph Price: £15

Photo Shoot Price: £15

image1_3.jpg

image2_1.jpg

image3_2.jpg

image4.jpg

Indiana Jones Trilogy - Harrison double

ROTJ - Harrison Double (Ewok village scene)
Superman - Chris Reeve Double
Bonds - Stunts
2nd Unit Director Thor
2nd Unit Director Amazing Spider-Man

http://m.imdb.com/name/nm0002184/

Truly a Headlining guest if ever there was one and one worthy of a "Big guest announcement" thread. I would add the #FACT hashtag to this but it goes without saying.

A truly wonderful guy, and as many know, him and Harrison would get mistaken a lot on the set of Raiders - for those who haven't met him, I cant recommend that you meet this true legend enough, both him and Wendy are so delightful

• Like 3

wow-i really enjoy talking to stuntmen and strangely I've never meet Vic before- so thanks show masters really looking forward to meeting him and Wendy

.i'll like him to sign my copy of his book and love to hear his storys-

any chance there could be a stuntman talkshow with Vic & Wendy.

Vic_Cover.jpg

• Like 1

That is one cracking announcement. Totally unexpected, but a big announcement in my eyes. Never thought of someone like Vic attending, so it is the suprise of the week for me.

Now I can hope he does a talk, as hey the man can talk! Will be great just to walk upto him and shake his legendary hand! That hand has done so much for our viewing pleasure.

• Like 1

That is one cracking announcement. Totally unexpected, but a big announcement in my eyes. Never thought of someone like Vic attending, so it is the suprise of the week for me.

Now I can hope he does a talk, as hey the man can talk! Will be great just to walk upto him and shake his legendary hand! That hand has done so much for our viewing pleasure.

In my opinion he should have got a "Big Guest Announcement" thread, he is a true legend. In 2012 he was at Collector and had his book with him I hope its with him this time when you see him. :)

• Like 1

Its odd as I wouldnt know what to get him to sign haha but his book may be it. The handshake would be enough for me.

Its great to see so many great 70's and 80's guests this year, some legendary in my eyes. I forget how gigantic some of these guests are when I start thinking of everything they have done to influence my life.

It hurts my brain haha

Truly a Headlining guest if ever there was one and one worthy of a "Big guest announcement" thread. I would add the #FACT hashtag to this but it goes without saying.

People REALLY into movies know just how extensive Vic Armstrong's career is but sadly I think you're average Joe would not be familiar. I think there would be a lot of moaning in Big Announcement thread which would be more Showmasters' fault than Vic's!

People REALLY into movies know just how extensive Vic Armstrong's career is but sadly I think you're average Joe would not be familiar. I think there would be a lot of moaning in Big Announcement thread which would be more Showmasters' fault than Vic's!

Its always a problem with the announcement threads as to actually what does constitute a "Big Guest" personally there are names whom I'd love to see announced, Dennis Muren, Phil Tippett (because of how big they are - on the technological side) many wouldn't know who they were and just how crucial they were to not just Star Wars, etc etc but to the VisFX industry as a whole...

I digress, a few years back my friends daughter and I were having a debate as to who was much bigger, I stated that it was without a doubt Mr. Armstrong she disagreed and said John Barrowman. But alas with these announcement threads there will always be those whom are unhappy with who's been announced, I can think of a number of times someones been announced in one of these build up threads and people get disappointed then someone equally as big is announced without a build up thread.

Thing is, at the end of the day we are, to quote Mr. Miyagi "Different but same" we're all Geeks who totally squee when we meet someone who's part of our favourite Fandom but equally one guest isn't what another person would class as that big a deal - take last years LFCC, Dave Barclay and Robert Watts were announced (in my opinion they were major headliners for the work/their contribution they had on Star Wars, Indy, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Labyrinth etc)

But yep, Vic is one heck of a big guest for many :)

Its always a problem with the announcement threads as to actually what does constitute a "Big Guest" personally there are names whom I'd love to see announced, Dennis Muren, Phil Tippett (because of how big they are - on the technological side) many wouldn't know who they were and just how crucial they were to not just Star Wars, etc etc but to the VisFX industry as a whole...

I digress, a few years back my friends daughter and I were having a debate as to who was much bigger, I stated that it was without a doubt Mr. Armstrong she disagreed and said John Barrowman. But alas with these announcement threads there will always be those whom are unhappy with who's been announced, I can think of a number of times someones been announced in one of these build up threads and people get disappointed then someone equally as big is announced without a build up thread.

Thing is, at the end of the day we are, to quote Mr. Miyagi "Different but same" we're all Geeks who totally squee when we meet someone who's part of our favourite Fandom but equally one guest isn't what another person would class as that big a deal - take last years LFCC, Dave Barclay and Robert Watts were announced (in my opinion they were major headliners for the work/their contribution they had on Star Wars, Indy, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Labyrinth etc)

But yep, Vic is one heck of a big guest for many :)

Vic Armstrong is one of if not the most famous stuntman/coordinator in the world. Your right but alongside people like Jim Henson, Greg Nicoterro, Rob Bottin, Dennis Muren, the late Kit West, John Knoll even Richard Taylor, and Brian Froud; they've transcended into the movie going collective mind especially since DVD and blu ray have pushed their contributions to the forefront.

I personally fell in love with movies because of the worlds these people helped to create through design, make up, special effects and stunts.

Sorry a little more ranting then I meant

• Like 1

A truly wonderful guy, and as many know, him and Harrison would get mistaken a lot on the set of Raiders - for those who haven't met him, I cant recommend that you meet this true legend enough, both him and Wendy are so delightful

I could't agree more Richard! I guess I am going Sunday as well now!

• Like 1

I'm a huge Bond fan and will be meeting the other Bond guests appearing so I'm a bit miffed that Vic and his wife are only appearing Sunday and I'm just there Friday/Saturday...

Any way to persuade them to attend Saturday too?? Especially as there is a minority of £10-£15 guests appearing on Saturday?

I'm a huge Bond fan and will be meeting the other Bond guests appearing so I'm a bit miffed that Vic and his wife are only appearing Sunday and I'm just there Friday/Saturday...

Any way to persuade them to attend Saturday too?? Especially as there is a minority of £10-£15 guests appearing on Saturday?

If guests are announced for one day only it is very rare an extra day gets added. They may have a commitment the other days.

There is still plenty of time before the show and while I don't know when, how many or whom I am sure there will be a lot more 10 and 15 pounds guests added for Saturday.

• Moderators

Most Star Wars guests are appearing one day to simply get more in. There will be Friday only and Saturday only star wars guests that follow.

Most Star Wars guests are appearing one day to simply get more in. There will be Friday only and Saturday only star wars guests that follow.

Hence why I'm going the Sunday 👍🏻

Don't do this 2 me