Some thoughts about this years LFCC from Jason :-)

I remember a while ago somone suggesting that, for popular guests, instead of having hype threads, SM just announce the guests and have a delay before tickets go on sale. I think that's a good idea that seems to work elsewhere, and might help quell some of the negative feedback. It won't get rid of it, but it might reduce it if people aren't so amped up with ridiculous expectations when the guests are announced.

I think the guest announcement followed by a date for when tickets go on sale (end of the month perhaps to encompass pay day for most people) will allow funds to be secured for purchases. This means those who want to get them can and those who do not will not have the need to "negatively respond" after the hype.
I don't see how waiting to put the tickets on sale will stop the negativity?

Using this forum as an example - although I have seen it on many other forums - when a guest is super hyped up and tickets go on sale that night, those who have their debit/credit cards at the ready and suddenly find it is a guest they have no interest in then there is a trend of people saying negative things like over hyped etc.

However, if a guest was announced at 7pm on a Friday saying that tickets for photoshoots go on sale a week later or on the 1st of the month, then it both gives people who want to get tickets to arrange funds and those who do not want them simply say "not for me etc" but not at the levels of negativity of those who have made sure they are ready to buy tickets and then find it is not a guest for them. You basically remove alot of the frustration from those who have made special arrangements to be ready to buy when they go on sale.

I disagree. If you do the build up (which I happen to enjoy) I think those people who feel the need to complain will do it whether the tickets go on sale straight away or not. I've not once seen anyone complain that the tickets are already on sale!

I respect your right to disagree.

What they are saying Wrong Name is that it's as a result of the build up - people get themselves super hyped and ready for the announcement and the build up and clues adds to it all. Some people may think/hope it's their most wanted person and when the announcement is made and it's not who they thought or matches their level of expectation they react.

If the announcement was just made without any build up people wouldn't be over hyped with their own expectations unfulfilled and won't react negatively. Delaying sales would mean that people don't miss out if they haven't been on the sites for a few days and not seeing the announcement and then feeling like they had missed out on tickets.

I'm like you, I like the build up and guessing and am not bothered if it's not someone I want but I can see both sides of the debate.

I have no problem with the fun of a build up, but the big point is what I have said about those who have made special arrangements to be ready to buy but then find it is not a guest for them. If you remove that sticking point then you minimise frustration and long draen out complaining and counter complaining.

But hey, if people are happy to plough through people complaining, arguing and in some cases having their posts hidden form public view, then go for it. I am just looking at a situation/problem and putting forth frustration minimising suggestions.

I remember a while ago somone suggesting that, for popular guests, instead of having hype threads, SM just announce the guests and have a delay before tickets go on sale. I think that's a good idea that seems to work elsewhere, and might help quell some of the negative feedback. It won't get rid of it, but it might reduce it if people aren't so amped up with ridiculous expectations when the guests are announced.

I think the guest announcement followed by a date for when tickets go on sale (end of the month perhaps to encompass pay day for most people) will allow funds to be secured for purchases. This means those who want to get them can and those who do not will not have the need to "negatively respond" after the hype.
I don't see how waiting to put the tickets on sale will stop the negativity?

Because when people wait a week to find out who the guest announcement is, only to find they have never heard of them, then that's where they start dropping comments about it being an anti-climax etc.

If you just post a guest out of nowhere whilst still giving a heads up when tickets go on sale, then only the people interested in the guest will be commenting. Compare last night's announcement to the likes of Mads etc. (which didn't come with a 'Big announcement in 5 days' type fanfare) and you'll see.

I completely agree with this. Guest in the past like Stan Lee, MJF etc deserved to have the hype. But there have been in my opinion too many minor guests recently who do not need to have such a big build up. All it creates is people reacting negatively when the "big name" guest is finally revealed.

• Like 1

I have been to several events and I have enjoyed them and meeting with the celebrities and getting their autographs.Some I wish come again coz I missed them and have a load that I would always want. I know you will never please everyone coz we all want different people. Long may you get those celebrities here in all the different types ( sci-fi,horror,comics,action,sport) Keep up the good work you do

Nice to see a good array of comments (I detest the word feedback) and different views. This allows the organisers to take a step back and see what changes can be made to improve the situation.

I get what you're saying and it does make sense.

I still don't think that many of the comments that SM get over it are justified though. It is just a con after all!

As I've said, I'm all for the hype, just don't get too caught up in it! And if you do, always be prepared for disappointment. With every single guest that has been announced I have seen someone say that for them, it is the best guest ever. If this one isn't for you, may be the next one will be. This is supposed to be a bit of fun!

• Like 1

I will be honest when I say I think last year's line up was immense imo considering whom was coming over for the show. I mean, guests like MJF, Sigourney Weaver and Robert Englund in his Freddy makeup, an incredibly rare opportunity, just blew me away.

I also think that line up as another poster said was a rare occurrence and you won't find me moaning about guests as I know showmasters work hard to get these things set up.

I myself would come to LFCC this year but I don't have the funds, quite simply.mwould love to meet Dolphins but I'll do a send in for his autograph if it's being done but have a great time, everyone.

• Moderators

I've never seen the problem with the big guest announcements:

1) Lots of people enjoy the guessing.

2) It gets lots of people talking for SM

3) If it's not someone you want, who cares? You just get on with life. It doesn't hurt anyone!

4) Just because someone isn't 'big' to you, doesn't mean they're not a decent guest.

I'd never stop it just because of a few people moaning it was 'overhyped' just because it wasn't who they wanted. It's hardly the end of the world.

• Like 2

Not sure why it hasn't been posted on here yet but David has tweeted that they are making a big guest announcement on Friday at 7pm.

Been a day or so since I teased you last so.. BIG GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT. 7PM. FRIDAY.

I didn't notice this post and just created a new topic about it but it's been deleted. Hopefully there'll be an official topic started by Showmasters so that more people see it and are aware of the announcement.

• Moderators

Not sure why it hasn't been posted on here yet but David has tweeted that they are making a big guest announcement on Friday at 7pm.

sR5MKLZb_bigger.jpegShowmasters@Showmasters

Been a day or so since I teased you last so.. BIG GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT. 7PM. FRIDAY.

I didn't notice this post and just created a new topic about it but it's been deleted. Hopefully there'll be an official topic started by Showmasters so that more people see it and are aware of the announcement.

Sam, I've hidden it for now as there will be an official post on here imminently I believe, if not il just restore it. Edited by StuartG2198

sR5MKLZb_bigger.jpegShowmasters@Showmasters

Sam, I've hidden it for now as there will be an official post on here imminently I believe

No worries :)

• Like 1

Hi Jason, id like to say a huge thank you to the line up you have this year and im over the moon with the rare guests as that's what I go for. can I just add here that with Amanda wyss pulling out and now lisa Wilcox can we PLEASE get Tuesday Knight from nightmare on elm st 4? she wants to come and lives not to far away. Also getting Rex smith and Julian sands just wow!!!! jon heder and so many more what a line up. you said public last year that LFCC 2016 will be bigger and better than 2015 and I have to say I didn't think you could BUT in my eyes you have done what you said you would. you have got some names that took my breath away when I read on here that they were coming so HUGE thank you to you and the guys behind the scenes at SM. have you thought about a showmasters app? so every time a new guest is lined up we get alerts? and it may just be me but I would LOVE to watch an hr long doc of the history of SM, the day to day runnings, bookings and what really happens to get these great people. interviews ect even if it was just sold at the film cons on dvd I really do think both ideas are a winner.

thanks again for everything.

Michael magee

I've never seen the problem with the big guest announcements:

1) Lots of people enjoy the guessing.

2) It gets lots of people talking for SM

3) If it's not someone you want, who cares? You just get on with life. It doesn't hurt anyone!

4) Just because someone isn't 'big' to you, doesn't mean they're not a decent guest.

I'd never stop it just because of a few people moaning it was 'overhyped' just because it wasn't who they wanted. It's hardly the end of the world.

I really enjoy the build up, the guessing a bunch of strangers all getting along having fun trying to work out who the guest is. at times im jumping and shouting yeahhhh like ive won the lotto and others im saying oh cool not for me but non the less a good call. roll on Friday and all the guessing :)

Out of subject, but as the official topic hasn't been posted yet.... From the clues on Twitter i would say Tobin Bell.

Though i might be totally wrong lol

Hi Jason, id like to say a huge thank you to the line up you have this year and im over the moon with the rare guests as that's what I go for. can I just add here that with Amanda wyss pulling out and now lisa Wilcox can we PLEASE get Tuesday Knight from nightmare on elm st 4? she wants to come and lives not to far away. Also getting Rex smith and Julian sands just wow!!!! jon heder and so many more what a line up. you said public last year that LFCC 2016 will be bigger and better than 2015 and I have to say I didn't think you could BUT in my eyes you have done what you said you would. you have got some names that took my breath away when I read on here that they were coming so HUGE thank you to you and the guys behind the scenes at SM. have you thought about a showmasters app? so every time a new guest is lined up we get alerts? and it may just be me but I would LOVE to watch an hr long doc of the history of SM, the day to day runnings, bookings and what really happens to get these great people. interviews ect even if it was just sold at the film cons on dvd I really do think both ideas are a winner.

thanks again for everything.

Michael magee

I still need Tuesday Knight too :o

• Like 1

so looking forward to lfcc again as ever year i say i cannot afford it but every year there is a couple that i think i must meet them. Whether they are big names or not i don't care. I will always keep going to the events. Keep up the good work Jason and the rest of the team, keep bringing the guests over to the show.

The reason why I might be "complaining" about this year's guest list is simply because last year you had about 130 tv/movie guests. Shortly after last year's event you announce that the event will be four days (which isn't happening anymore) and taking place in entire Olympia. Of course these facts considering I assumed that you will have at least the same amount of guests, maybe even closer to 200. I have already said that quality of guest list is very good, it's just the amount of guests that is poor.

• Like 2