Some thoughts about this years LFCC from Jason :-)

Well Jason. I can only speak for myself. And this lineup is one hell of a lineup for me. :D
Have some of my favorite childhood stars like dolph and rutger. I'm more than pleased and I'm really looking forward to this years LFCC.

The third one for me in a row, and I will most likely be back next year too. (As long as my wallet allows me to.) XD hehe

It's my first LFCC and I cannot believe the guests you have. I've booked a Diamond Pass for Ron Perlman as he is fabulous!

The line up has a bit of everything for me. I grew up on 80's/ early 90's movies so people like Kenny Baker, Rutger, Dolph, and the Beverley Hills Cops guys is amazing to me. I was a student when the Scream films started and as I've got older I've got into TV shows and am nuts about The Walking Dead, SOA, GOT etc.

So I'm easily pleased!

• Like 3

I'm more than happy with the line up with 12 on my list so far. Dolph Lundgren and Rutger Hauer especially! You don't know how happy I was when I saw those names.

I've been coming to LFCC since 2011 and I've never been disappointed yet. Keep up the good work Jason 😀

I personally get sick of the constant stale moaning of people who literally have zero respect for anyone! Some comments are disgusting. As is always said imagine if them personalities read your comments! Which I am sure some do.

It is simple in my eyes.

If you are not happy with a guest, they are not who you expected, or you do not know who they are or even care.

Think before you type. Think of others feelings. Simple.

And joy to you all :-D we love these events, dont make a forum like Facebook comment pages (the wild west sometimes haha).

Edited by StuartG2198
  • Like 2

A lot of the time a 'big' guest is subjective. I remember last year there was a post from someone that said Michael J Fox wasn't a major guest. You can't please everyone.

For me there are a few guests I am looking forward to meeting for this LFCC and I think overall the event is getting bigger and better each year.

Michael J. Fox not a big guest? Don't make me laugh. He's about as big as it gets, considering who he is and his legacy

• Like 1

A lot of the time a 'big' guest is subjective. I remember last year there was a post from someone that said Michael J Fox wasn't a major guest. You can't please everyone.

For me there are a few guests I am looking forward to meeting for this LFCC and I think overall the event is getting bigger and better each year.

Michael J. Fox not a big guest? Don't make me laugh. He's about as big as it gets, considering who he is and his legacy

I do remember those posts and the reasons the poster said MJF wasn't a big guest and it just goes to show how everyone sees things differently, but unfortunately not everyone sees things logically or can be reasoned with. A lot of people these days expect things to always go the way they want it and can get pretty nasty, especially when not face to face. I recall how some of the Mods have been treated in the recent past over some issues and it's awful that people do those kind of things.

I understand frustration, that sometimes people unfortunately blow up at the only people they can reach (I get it at work when people call where I work and not where they want because they can't get the company they want and they let loose on us) because of that but nothing excuses lack of courtesy and politeness really.

I totally agree the small £10 guests are some what lacking this year, not that I'm complaining, its just that it really is amazing to see the big names going to events like this but for me I find that by doing the smaller £10 guests gives you something to do while you wait for your VQ ticket number to be called out especially now with Diamond passes as I've now got people in front of me even before I get there !

Although, and this will probably get this post removed, I find that with the bigger guests your rushed through so quickly some times you don't even get a chance to even say hello or anything. With the smaller £10 guests at least you have a chance to at lest say hello and you may even have a chance for a chat which for me makes the event much more enjoyable.

Its for this very reason why I wont be doing some of the bigger named guests who even though I would love to meet, get a autograph from but hey that's my choice and you cant please everyone all of the time how ever I would rather spend my time and money on meeting the smaller ones as you get a bit more time with them and there for more memorable I find.

At the end of the day this is only my opinion and I said you cant please everyone all of the time its just how I feel. This is no way an attack on SM as they are doing a splendid job on this years event but so far I only have 5 people I'm hoping to get and that does include Famke so you see I will do bigger names :)

I'd be very suprised if it was removed, don't forget you can say 'negative' things as long as they are politely said and relevant. There isn't an issue discussing things that an attendee feels needs looking at. With regards to the bigger guests it's always been the nature of the beast unfortunately - you either restrict access (and raise the price to cover fees) to allow those who go through a good experience (in which case loads of attendees would would have been through under the normal system will be irked because they couldn't get through) or you usher people through and more people get their items signed, you can keep the price down a bit and whilst rushed, more people get through. It's a no win situation really.

, I can't find a high enough res pic to print out a poster myself .

What kind of res do you need for a poster ?

May be I should have emailed that as I've still not answered your last one :whistling: sorry my bad lol

No idea on the pixel size but you need more not less as the bigger the end product the better quality the source needs to be. I have searched for high res pictures and found some but when I upload them to printing sites into poster size it's telling me they are low or medium resolution and the end poster won't be clear and crisp.

Not sure if i'm doing anything wrong but it might be what I'm searching for.

Time Corridor has had two Posts removed lately because they were discussing an issue that we made clear can't be discussed on here. Since then he seems to think the mods are after him. ;) Which we are not, I can assure you that.

The issue was not that the posts were negative, the issue was that the mods have to clear the Forum of that type of Posts in General.

And now I am sounding like some quack fortune teller at the local fun fair acting all mysterious and that. :P

I do remember those posts and the reasons the poster said MJF wasn't a big guest and it just goes to show how everyone sees things differently, but unfortunately not everyone sees things logically or can be reasoned with. A lot of people these days expect things to always go the way they want it and can get pretty nasty, especially when not face to face. I recall how some of the Mods have been treated in the recent past over some issues and it's awful that people do those kind of things.

I understand frustration, that sometimes people unfortunately blow up at the only people they can reach (I get it at work when people call where I work and not where they want because they can't get the company they want and they let loose on us) because of that but nothing excuses lack of courtesy and politeness really.

I would like to see their opinion of what a big guest is. I mean honestly. MJF is one of the biggest names around and one of the most inspirational. For me there's no logic in saying MJF isn't a big name. When he was announced, I was so annoyed I might not meet him then fate intervened and I was suddenly buying a diamond pass to meet him. One happy lad, I can tell you.

If I have understood right, you can't dictate what guests come to these events. We're not in charge and neither would I personally want to be like that. I love the element of surprise when names are announced for LFCC and if people don't get the names they want, tough

Imo.

In regards to work, if people get abrasive, if just say if you don't stop talking to me like that, in the nicest possible way, put the phone down. Maybe that's a reason why at work, calls should be recorded so that it doesn't come down to a my word against theirs scenario.

Firstly Im not trying to bash the organisers, but I do want to give some feedback. I understand in some respects the lineup is subjective based on preference, but I do think the top end guests are short from last year. Sigourney is an A list actor and Michael J Fox is an icon, I had no interest in meeting Michael but still acknowledge his status. There are some good solid guests, but no one in the calibre of the above two. Dont get me wrong some nice guests, but Jason youve said about previously spoiling people. Unfortunately when you set the bar high people expect it to remain there. I think we showed last year that we would pay for this calibre of guests I can completely understand that these types of guest arent available this year, but it does feel like a step back from last year.

• Like 3

I would like to see their opinion of what a big guest is. I mean honestly. MJF is one of the biggest names around and one of the most inspirational. For me there's no logic in saying MJF isn't a big name. When he was announced, I was so annoyed I might not meet him then fate intervened and I was suddenly buying a diamond pass to meet him. One happy lad, I can tell you.

If I have understood right, you can't dictate what guests come to these events. We're not in charge and neither would I personally want to be like that. I love the element of surprise when names are announced for LFCC and if people don't get the names they want, tough

Imo.

In regards to work, if people get abrasive, if just say if you don't stop talking to me like that, in the nicest possible way, put the phone down. Maybe that's a reason why at work, calls should be recorded so that it doesn't come down to a my word against theirs scenario.

The 'argument' over MJF was that he hasn't done anything in years and that his film CV is a lot less significant than other Hollywood A listers, and that meant it didn't justify his 'star' announcement. Thing is the argument isn't wrong, the poster wasn't incorrect in what they said in principle but seemingly couldn't acknowledge the enormity of the announcement. The fact that Showmasters got MJF, the star of a trilogy of films that will always be on a list of iconic films, to agree to travel that distance which must have been a massive issue for him is phenomenal.

But what can you say!

Firstly Im not trying to bash the organisers, but I do want to give some feedback. I understand in some respects the lineup is subjective based on preference, but I do think the top end guests are short from last year. Sigourney is an A list actor and Michael J Fox is an icon, I had no interest in meeting Michael but still acknowledge his status. There are some good solid guests, but no one in the calibre of the above two. Dont get me wrong some nice guests, but Jason youve said about previously spoiling people. Unfortunately when you set the bar high people expect it to remain there. I think we showed last year that we would pay for this calibre of guests I can completely understand that these types of guest arent available this year, but it does feel like a step back from last year.

The thing is, they do it once and everybody expects it every time. I know LFCC is the flagship show and we should expect the highest calibre guests to be there but it still comes down to availability, interest from the proposed guests, fee, ect. It may not come together every time.

Yes they may be able to book Arnie but if he's charging hundreds of thousands for appearing the organisers have to say ' it's not affordable'.

Imo.

The 'argument' over MJF was that he hasn't done anything in years and that his film CV is a lot less significant than other Hollywood A listers, and that meant it didn't justify his 'star' announcement. Thing is the argument isn't wrong, the poster wasn't incorrect in what they said in principle but seemingly couldn't acknowledge the enormity of the announcement. The fact that Showmasters got MJF, the star of a trilogy of films that will always be on a list of iconic films, to agree to travel that distance which must have been a massive issue for him is phenomenal.

But what can you say!

Just because someone hasn't done something in years doesn't mean they aren't a star. It's to do with the longevity of their appeal. I mean, for me, some of today's A Listers aren't anything to write home about and actors from this generation are a lot more significant than some people you get now. I think Showmasters did well to get MJF.

• Like 1

The thing is, they do it once and everybody expects it every time. I know LFCC is the flagship show and we should expect the highest calibre guests to be there but it still comes down to availability, interest from the proposed guests, fee, ect. It may not come together every time.

Yes they may be able to book Arnie but if he's charging hundreds of thousands for appearing the organisers have to say ' it's not affordable'.

I was afraid to say this but I do think the bar needs to be maintained and I don't think personally this year's line up is as strong but that said, it's still a good line up and we should appreciate all the effort showmasters put in to make these events happen.

With Arnold, I know other events where he has been at and I think to book people of this calibre costs six figures, so it's not beyond the bounds of reason.

I completely agree It creates an expectation. But unfortunately that can mean if there isn't that same calibre it feels like a lesser event this year. Nice guests this year, yes rare signers, but it does feel like a comedown sadly. Although I do appreciate some of that is out of their hands.

Last years shows were my first I've attended so I've been spoilt.

The only way was down for me after meeting Aliens stars and a Predator guest - my top two films. And Gremlins / back to the future / Elm Street guests from such great cult films.

Still looking forward to this year with the Beverly Hills Cop guests. If it wasn't for them I wouldn't be attending.

It's up and down for everyone, what's not some people's show is others dream line up so can never win 100%.

I'm always fully grateful to Showmasters for the shows last year and I feel it would be disrespectful for me to put comments on guest announcements pages that dont do anything for my excitement level.

Then there's the side of me that respects other people's opinions some even though they lack a bit of tact.

They get a vibe across as to how excited people are / aren't about things and puts a feeling across to the people that make the decisions that maybe more guests are needed.

To be honest I'm sure the people at the top would already be able to tell how everything is going by comparing event / talk / photo ticket sales to successful years.

This is where I think the negative comments do nothing at all but only hinder future guests decisions to come, as I'm sure some of them and their agents do read them.

Edited by S.H.R.E.K

Yes I must admit we were spoiled last year with the likes of Sigourney , MJF , Christopher Lloyd , Bill Paxton etc ..... But with the promise of this years event that it would be bigger and better than ever it just has not yet cut the mustard so to speak and cancellation of Thursday too.

I hope we get some more top guests announced in the next few weeks to just give it that little more WOW factor and possibly on par with last year's event.

This is not a dig just my personal feelings after last years show which will take some beating personally.

• Like 2

Yes I must admit we were spoiled last year with the likes of Sigourney , MJF , Christopher Lloyd , Bill Paxton etc ..... But with the promise of this years event that it would be bigger and better than ever it just has not yet cut the mustard so to speak and cancellation of Thursday too.

I hope we get some more top guests announced in the next few weeks to just give it that little more WOW factor and possibly on par with last year's event.

This is not a dig just my personal feelings after last years show which will take some beating personally.

I remember the bigger and better comment too. I am also holding out hope for a massive guest. Hopefully lol.

I think its all subjective. I think uk tv stars are big guests...and I'm not interested in the film stars. Where as others will see it differently. And see film stars as the ones to see.

I'm only considering going this year as there is more space and less guests. Plus there is one person I want to get a pic with...and one an auto.