Entry question/help

Can anyone help please...

I purchased a ticket for the Saturday which is YALC entry..this was the only option for entry as it was announced as sold out months ago..on here,the official site.

Now general sale went back on and I can't enter the event till after 10am yet my pal has general entry and we will be there very early.

Am not very happy about this as I'm not standing next to a door for 2 hours waiting to get in because I had no option to buy a different ticket.

Am not bothered about the extra few quid but how can I change the ticket over,cos am not buying another??

Any help appreciated

Sorry, I am really not sure what you saw there. It was never announced on here or the site that the Saturday tickets were sold out completely.

At the very maximum the store was showing "sold out", and that's the default entry when a quantity goes to zero.

Stock levels are adjusted manually, so the only thing that can have happened is that you bought during a time when the shop allocation had run out. That had happened a couple of times, people asked here, the mods checked if the office hadn't noticed anyway and more stock was added. We all asked everyone to wait until we heard back from the office before buying anything else. The delay was mostly a couple of hours only, and there definitely never was an announcement on here tickets were sold out.

You need to e-mail shop@showmastersevents.com and explain what happened. This is nothing the mods can't make any call on, this is a store decision.

I have a entry query so won't start a new thread

Last year we bought 2 weekend tickets and on the Friday when I handed in my print at home tickets, we were offered 2 weekend wristbands or 3 separate day tickets each (Fri -sun) we took the tickets.

Would this be offered still?

Also, I noticed that I have to put names on my weekend tickets this year

Could I ,for e.g.(if I bought a weekend ticket) put my name on the Friday and Sunday tickets and my brothers name on the Saturday one? (I'm not attending on sat)

I then plan to buy another single Sunday ticket for my brother.

Or, do I have to buy 4 seperate tickets ? (Fri, Sat, Sun x 2 )

Thanks

I have a entry query so won't start a new thread

Last year we bought 2 weekend tickets and on the Friday when I handed in my print at home tickets, we were offered 2 weekend wristbands or 3 separate day tickets each (Fri -sun) we took the tickets.

Would this be offered still?

Also, I noticed that I have to put names on my weekend tickets this year

Could I ,for e.g.(if I bought a weekend ticket) put my name on the Friday and Sunday tickets and my brothers name on the Saturday one? (I'm not attending on sat)

I then plan to buy another single Sunday ticket for my brother.

Or, do I have to buy 4 seperate tickets ? (Fri, Sat, Sun x 2 )

Thanks

Tickets are specific to one person and can't be shared.

Those tickets shouldn't have been offered to you last year, this must have been a misunderstanding along the way. If you buy a weekend ticket you get a weekend wristband at entry.

I have a question too: How am I going to cope with wearing a Gold Pass wristband for three whole days? I hate wearing anything on my wrist, and it might drive me insane. I'll end up talking gibberish about potatoes to everybody.

I have a question too: How am I going to cope with wearing a Gold Pass wristband for three whole days? I hate wearing anything on my wrist, and it might drive me insane. I'll end up talking gibberish about potatoes to everybody.

Bring ketchup for the potatoes? *ducks and runs*

My skin is quite sensitive, so I usually wrap a small Bandage around my wrist to prevent direct contact. But if it's the wearing on the wrist part that is the Problem that will probably make it worse.

It took me a moment to process that this is a thing people genuinely have problems with, because this is what my arm looks like on a regular non-cosplay day...

tumblr_o8pb63l4xb1seffpfo1_540.jpg

And that's just my left arm...

I could use the legendary potato wielding superpowers and transfer my wristband tolerance skills to you for the weekend, if that would be of any help.

Bring ketchup for the potatoes? *ducks and runs*

My skin is quite sensitive, so I usually wrap a small Bandage around my wrist to prevent direct contact. But if it's the wearing on the wrist part that is the Problem that will probably make it worse.

Hmm, maybe rubbing ketchup on my wrist would make things more comfortable, although I'd end up looking like FT's cosplay.

It took me a moment to process that this is a thing people genuinely have problems with, because this is what my arm looks like on a regular non-cosplay day...

tumblr_o8pb63l4xb1seffpfo1_540.jpg

And that's just my left arm...

I could use the legendary potato wielding superpowers and transfer my wristband tolerance skills to you for the weekend, if that would be of any help.

Aargh, it's the stuff of nightmares. If you could spare enough tolerance for me to be able to wear a watch without smashing its face against mine, that would be delightful thank you.

The gold pass wristbands are made from a much better material than the paper wristbands you normally get at events (the ones where you pull off the strip to stick it down, and end up sticking it down to some of your skin by mistake and have to peel it off, losing some arm hair in the process :P )

It's much more durable and there's no sticky part at all (or there wasn't last year at least). It works more like a belt (with one side having multiple holes in it so it can fit different wrist sizes).

Do you really have to wear the wristband all the time? I was wearing my early entry Brighton wristband only when i was entering the venue. And with Gold Pass I aim to wear it only when I really have to. I don't want it to be on during masquerade or in the actual pictures.

Yeah it's not removable, the only way to take it off is to cut through it with scissors and once it's removed that's it. It's so that people don't sell them I suppose, if someone with a gold pass has seen the guests they want and has no more use for it they could try and sell it on but once it's been cut the crew would probably pull aside the person who has it and do ID checks and could refuse entry I suppose.