general discussion

The guests are looking worryingly sparse, the last two years I've been excited for Shef Con, but this year there just doesn't seem to be the same excitement. But there's still time, hopefully as LFCC comes closer, focus will shift to the other cons and making them the best they can be. :coolthumb:

Display disappointed me last year I went as chucky had a knife engineered blunt after going in and out fetching items for signing was told I couldn't come in with it as it's a weapon while I was being told this a guy walked past dressed as blade with a sword ( real steel replica) won't be bothering this year and it seems to be only con were prowess doesn't permit photos several friends have had items signed by Vader and he's been happy to pose but the Sheffield con has doubled his signature price this year and you need a photo shoot (like last year) without proof of signing,with the exception of meeting the legend the signature isn't worth a carrot

Venue security has the last word in which weapons can be brought in and which not, sorry. I wasn't there, so no idea why the Blade guy was allowed in and you had problems. Maybe his sword was peacebonded or something.

Dave Prowse's autograph price has been 20 pounds for as long as I can remember, I really don't know where you are getting it from that the price doubled?

Also there has been no announcement that photos at the table are not allowed. That's only announced on the day, and even then it can change throughout the day. I honestly don't know if they were not allowed from the start last year, but unless the lines get too long photos of the guest signing are normally not a problem. But considering Dave's age and the stress on the eyes of flashes going off constantly - hello migraines - I wouldn't be surprised if photos were stopped eventually on the day.

• Like 1

Last year Davids signature was 10 pounds I know I had 9 items signed by him and there was a a4 piece of paper on table saying no posed photos I was literally the only person at his table because I saved him while later in the day because I had that much to be signed and he wasn't there yet in early bird

If it was 10 you were lucky - the guest days and prices thread said 15: http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=83776

My apologies, he's been 20 at the bigger shows for quite a while now. Looks like Sheffield got a discount last time. :smile:

I've given you some reasons why photos may not have been allowed. No posed photos has always meant a photo of the guest signing is okay by the way, I am assuming this is what you consider the proof mentioned in your earlier post. It just means no photos of you posing with Dave.

No photos means exactly what you say, no photos at all. You said the sign said "no posed photos" and that means what I explained. That's pretty much the two main ones. Sometimes there's additions like "no flash photography", but these are all self explanatory.

If you got questions like that please ask, we're all happy to help.

I think he would attend the Sheffield one too but I don't know how to get him booked, any ideas?

You can send and email to the office, info@showmastersevents.com, but there is a lot more that goes into a guest attending an event than just asking the guest if they would attend if SM asks them, so don't hold your breath that it will actually happen.

Your lucky to be going to lfacc, really wish I was going :)

Have a great day :):):)

It will be me and my friends first time at a London Con. We can't wait so excited got cheap hotel and transport also going to meet a friend I met online 4 years ago for the first time so it'll be great. Maybe next year could come!