general discussion

Bit disappointing if there aren't any comic guests. Only around 10 tv and film guests each day, 1 prop shoot and no comic guests. This event is in its third year now and seems to be going backwards in terms of size. First 2 years had around 30 guests, more prop shoots, comic guests etc. Not the first event I can say this about either, Manchester was the same like a ghost town this year, more space empty than taken up. This isn't about the actual guest list but what we are getting for our money, the event this year looks very disappointing at a third of its previous size. What happened to events growing over time?

I agree but I don't want showmasters to cancel the Sheffield film and comic con after this one

Bit disappointing if there aren't any comic guests. Only around 10 tv and film guests each day, 1 prop shoot and no comic guests. This event is in its third year now and seems to be going backwards in terms of size. First 2 years had around 30 guests, more prop shoots, comic guests etc. Not the first event I can say this about either, Manchester was the same like a ghost town this year, more space empty than taken up. This isn't about the actual guest list but what we are getting for our money, the event this year looks very disappointing at a third of its previous size. What happened to events growing over time?

I agree but I don't want showmasters to cancel the Sheffield film and comic con after this one

The best way to ensure it doesn't get cancelled is to tell everyone about it. The more people go, the more guests they get and if even more people go the more likely it is to get bigger and better guests.

The best way to ensure it doesn't get cancelled is to tell everyone about it. The more people go, the more guests they get and if even more people go the more likely it is to get bigger and better guests.

I get what you're saying, but I think realistically its the more guests they get, the more people go.

I think it will be well attended as the past 2 years it has been really busy and I wouldn't really call it a small event given the size of the arena. To me it's as if the first 2 years they needed more guests for people to attend but this year are just relying on return attendees and word of mouth so haven't pushed the guest list as much. I've spent the full day there last 2 years meeting many guests, comic artists, prop shoots, talks and stalls but can see me being in and out within an hour or two this year.

If it does get cancelled after this and I really hope it doesn't then it won't be down to attendance figures.

Someone had posted on Facebook that this stinks of the last of a 3 year deal with the arena and I think based on the guest list I would be inclined to agree.

The last 2 years have been very well attended so I just don't understand what has happened this year.

I've been full weekend for the past two years and I preferred last year's guest list to the first. However I noticed there wasn't as many stalls and I don't think k it was anywhere near as busy as the first. I hope they don't cancel as sheffield is my home town and the easiest event for me to get to.

Just for the record: this is exactly what we had in the Glasgow section for a couple of years now. And now about a fairly new convention there are postings "Glasgow is so much better." ;)

Events take time to grow. They don't go from 0 to LFACC level within a year. It's a month until Sheffield. Guests are announced when they become available and that is often close to the Show. [/broken record]

I really don't want to kill this Topic off. But you guys all know how the mods have to treat the "OMG the guest list is so bad" Topics. This Topic is dangerously steering in this direction now. So if we could please get back to regular chatting this would be great.

Guys, please... *Points to post above*

There's still some time to go until the Show. Last Minute announcements are very regular.

I have a different issue I know the guest list is slim but still quality my issue is that it only seems to be showmaster events were no posed pictures is present for instance David prowes has his pictures taken with his fans at every other con cept tshow masters I posted this topic on a collectors site I am a part of and was bombarded with 30 people all with posed pictures I have 15 items for signing for my collection but without proof signature isn't worth a pound so maybe waiting for him to attend a different show is the way forward but seems a shame .

And the Q with him can't be the issue last year I was speaking to him for 10 minutes and no one else came for a autograph and passed his table several times while fetching items for other guests to sifgn and it was empty every time .

Must add I do understand the no flash part or no posed with big guests as I personally waited 7 hours to see Robert Englund last year and I know some people missed out because of his popularity but with others this isn't the case I don't buy to sell they are for my private collection but without proof the signature may as well be fake

Must add I do understand the no flash part or no posed with big guests as I personally waited 7 hours to see Robert Englund last year and I know some people missed out because of his popularity but with others this isn't the case I don't buy to sell they are for my private collection but without proof the signature may as well be fake

I thought no posed photos meant that the guest wouldn't pose for a photo with you at the table but you could still take photos of them while they are signing?

You're right

I understand this now but didn't last year I am just trying to determine why it's only the showmaster event weredavid doesn't pose with fans because he does at every other one ?

I have a different issue I know the guest list is slim but still quality my issue is that it only seems to be showmaster events were no posed pictures is present for instance David prowes has his pictures taken with his fans at every other con cept tshow masters I posted this topic on a collectors site I am a part of and was bombarded with 30 people all with posed pictures I have 15 items for signing for my collection but without proof signature isn't worth a pound so maybe waiting for him to attend a different show is the way forward but seems a shame .

And the Q with him can't be the issue last year I was speaking to him for 10 minutes and no one else came for a autograph and passed his table several times while fetching items for other guests to sifgn and it was empty every time .

Did the people who showed you their pics say when they were taken? I know Dave used to do photos at the table but has stopped fairly recently. It could also be that he may charge for a selfie at other events which means he's "suddenly" happy to do it, whereas SM don't allow guests to charge for that at the table.

Did the people who showed you their pics say when they were taken? I know Dave used to do photos at the table but has stopped fairly recently. It could also be that he may charge for a selfie at other events which means he's "suddenly" happy to do it, whereas SM don't allow guests to charge for that at the table.

I know one of them was Cleethorpes another was Leeds the members of the site are from all over the country and never mentioned apose charge one guys exact quote was "had my hot toys Vader figure signed by him and he was more than happy to pose for a pic" with a picture displayed afterwards I was just enquiring as it seems odd for him to only not do posed photos at SM

Al

I know one of them was Cleethorpes another was Leeds the members of the site are from all over the country and never mentioned apose charge one guys exact quote was "had my hot toys Vader figure signed by him and he was more than happy to pose for a pic" with a picture displayed afterwards I was just enquiring as it seems odd for him to only not do posed photos at SM

Also SM have had no posed photos with him for 2 years while he seems happy to do it at others again not having a dig was just wondering because it seemed strange and must cost the guest autographs

This is my first time going to one of these and I have bought an early ticket. I only really want to see Dave Prowse as I have something that I would like signed.

Do you think I can be in an out in a couple of hours ? Thanks.

If you only want one guest I don't see any Problems with that.