general discussion

can understand that but without a photo or a cert signature isn't worth a carrot anybody could of signed it with the exception of the pleasure of meeting the star the signature is just old rope without proof

I didn't answer you directly because I don't know why this service isn't offered. CrazyHorse's question I could answer.

I guess one of the reasons could be that a lot of attendees don't look at the autographs as an investment. Plus authenticity certifications are not foul proof either, they've also been faked.

Is this years Con taking place at a bad time or something with the general lack of guests?

I have been to both of the previous years and there were a lot more guests announced.

I'm not trying to troll, I am genuinely concerned since this is my local con and would hate that it gets cancelled.

Is this years Con taking place at a bad time or something with the general lack of guests?

I have been to both of the previous years and there were a lot more guests announced.

I'm not trying to troll, I am genuinely concerned since this is my local con and would hate that it gets cancelled.

Agree, this is it's third year now and the first 2 years seemed to have a greater number of guests and more variety on offer. Seems to be happening at a few of the 'smaller' cons so maybe showmasters are stretching themselves a bit thin? Manchester and Newcaslte were great last year but definitely more low key this year and lacking in guest and attendee numbers. I really hope we get a few more announcements as this event has been well attended both previous years and is really the only one in the area for locals like myself.

I agree also

I know everyone is saying it but really hoping the line up is improved. If you compare this one to Glasgow there's a big big difference. Haven't seen many ads in Sheffield either. Fingers crossed though....

JA

Just for the record: this is exactly what we had in the Glasgow section for a couple of years now. And now about a fairly new convention there are postings "Glasgow is so much better." ;)

Events take time to grow. They don't go from 0 to LFACC level within a year. It's a month until Sheffield. Guests are announced when they become available and that is often close to the Show. [/broken record]

I really don't want to kill this Topic off. But you guys all know how the mods have to treat the "OMG the guest list is so bad" Topics. This Topic is dangerously steering in this direction now. So if we could please get back to regular chatting this would be great.

Just for the record: this is exactly what we had in the Glasgow section for a couple of years now. And now about a fairly new convention there are postings "Glasgow is so much better." ;)

Events take time to grow. They don't go from 0 to LFACC level within a year. It's a month until Sheffield. Guests are announced when they become available and that is often close to the Show. [/broken record]

I really don't want to kill this Topic off. But you guys all know how the mods have to treat the "OMG the guest list is so bad" Topics. This Topic is dangerously steering in this direction now. So if we could please get back to regular chatting this would be great.

Please don't cancel future film and comic cons for Sheffield :(

I don't think anyone was saying that. QS was saying that people used to complain about the guest list for Glasgow but the show has now grown to the point that people are much happier. This could happen to Sheffield too.

Edited by Wrong Name

I don't think anyone was saying that. QS was saying that people used to complain about the guest list for Glasgow but the show has now grown to the point that people are much happier. This could happen to Sheffield too.

Yes, this is exactly what I was saying. I have no powers whatsoever to cancel anything anyway. I got no clue where you got that impression. :lol:

All I was saying is that I want to avoid to have to close another topic. But this is what we have to do if something turns into "OMG this is horrible why are the good guests only at London?"

• 2 weeks later...

Are there going to be any comic guests at this event? There has been the past 2 years and at every other event I've been to but nothing announced and it's only 10 days away.

Right now it doesn't look like it, but there may be some last Minute announcements. I have not heard either way.