I was just wondering...

...if it wouldn't be a bad idea for like the bigger/popular guest to have a separate entry for people who would like to meet them, but don't want to attend the whole con.

I saw some other events have this option, just a package with photo-op and an in person autograph and that's all. It's like you're going there just to meet one or two people you want to meet.

I can only guess that for London it would've been impossible to do as it's a massive event, but still, having this opportunity would be quite nice.

Edited by StuartG2198

I presume you mean tickets and not doorways?

I meant like have a guest to do some time only for people with the special tickets. Let's say Michael J. Fox will be having photo op with those people between 1pm and 2pm. And after that those ticket holders are out of the venue. Or something like that

Personally I'm not a fan of it. That will be another group that will probably come before the regular ticket holders queueing wise and I personally don't think that the convention ticket costs that much that something like this should be done. I can also imagine that Showmasters will have more than enough work than worrying about another type of ticket.

Just my 2 cents.

Edited by StuartG2198

Well true, but if you're one of the people who just want to meet a particular guest then you don't want to pay loads to see others. I know that with LFCC it would've been incredibly hard to arrange this as it's very busy time. I am doing a lot of things so I need my entry ticket for all days, but last year my friend wanted to meet one person and she had to buy entry ticket plus the photo-op and autograph which basically costed more than if there was an option to buy it all as a separate package.

It's just idea, was wondering as I was just taking to my friend about it.

Edited by StuartG2198

• Moderators

Honestly I can't imagine how that'd work with the large volume of attendees.

I'm aware of the system you mentioned, and that was just a weekend convention with a specific amount of people attending, and then the extra ones on top of that.

LFCC is a whole different beast.

The entry costs for those other events is very high, and most of the autographs are included in the cost. Those type of passes were beneficial for people who just wanted an autograph from one person so they didn't have to pay for things they didn't want.

At LFCC the entry cost is much lower, and you choose which autographs you pay for anyway, so there isn't really a need for those kind of passes.

• Like 1

Well true, but if you're one of the people who just want to meet Barrowman then you don't want to pay loads to see others. I know that with LFCC it would've been incredibly hard to arrange this as it's very busy time. I am doing a lot of things so I need my entry ticket for all days, but last year my friend wanted to meet one person and she had to buy entry ticket plus the photo-op and autograph which basically costed more than if there was an option to buy it all as a separate package.

It's just idea, was wondering as I was just taking to my friend about it.

I would love this option as there is another con that I would love to meet 2-3 people but cant justify the £100+ entry fee when I have zero interest in 95% of them people

All of the events I've been to (and this goes back 23 years) - it's either been a case of entry fee plus cost per guest auto or, back in the early days, attendance fee which included entry fee and an auto from each guest but they have been programme specific only.

What you propose though sounds very akin to the diamond passes that are already being offered for some of the guests.

Edited by StuartG2198
  • Like 1