Gold Passes

Do we know yet if we can use the £10 photo vouchers towards more expensive guests again like last year?

I know that if we can do that then it'll be posted on the forum at some point, I was just curious as to whether it's being considered at all or if it's a definite no.

It's a definite no. Last year was a mistake and should not have happened that way. I am not aware of any intentions to change that.

I think what Sam was talking about was the photo vouchers, which were allowed by SM (and was announced on the forum) to be used towards more expensive guests as there was a lack of £10 guests for photos that weren't Saturday only (there were only 2 if I remember rightly). This didn't apply to the auto vouchers but I believe there were mistakes made there.
Yeah, I meant the photo vouchers :)

I know that we can't do it for autographs (and that there was confusion last year), but I was meaning using the photo vouchers towards more expensive guests, which SM allowed last year.

Agreed! I am on the fence regarding purchasing a GP right now and being able to use it on the £15 guests would absolutely put me over the edge. As stated above - the 3 guests at 10 aren't ones I am planning on so I worry it'd be a waste for me.

So just for absolute certainty. Can we put the £10 vouchers towards any photoshoot we wish to get or are we stuck with the £10 guests?
At the moment, we can only use them for £10 guests. That did change last year but that doesn't mean it will happen this year too.

Do we know yet if we can use the £10 photo vouchers towards more expensive guests again like last year?

I know that if we can do that then it'll be posted on the forum at some point, I was just curious as to whether it's being considered at all or if it's a definite no.

It's a definite no. Last year was a mistake and should not have happened that way. I am not aware of any intentions to change that.

I think what Sam was talking about was the photo vouchers, which were allowed by SM (and was announced on the forum) to be used towards more expensive guests as there was a lack of £10 guests for photos that weren't Saturday only (there were only 2 if I remember rightly). This didn't apply to the auto vouchers but I believe there were mistakes made there.

I know that we can't do it for autographs (and that there was confusion last year), but I was meaning using the photo vouchers towards more expensive guests, which SM allowed last year.

Agreed! I am on the fence regarding purchasing a GP right now and being able to use it on the £15 guests would absolutely put me over the edge. As stated above - the 3 guests at 10 aren't ones I am planning on so I worry it'd be a waste for me.

So just for absolute certainty. Can we put the £10 vouchers towards any photoshoot we wish to get or are we stuck with the £10 guests?
At the moment, we can only use them for £10 guests. That did change last year but that doesn't mean it will happen this year too.

It's not great if that's the case. I'm not really bothered with the guests that charge £10.

The fact that we also lose out on equal Diamond pass collection (as standard entry gets first shot at that) opportunity further devalues the pass 😔

It's not great if that's the case. I'm not really bothered with the guests that charge £10.

The fact that we also lose out on equal Diamond pass collection (as standard entry gets first shot at that) opportunity further devalues the pass

Sorry but I think you are confused. It really doesn't matter who picks their diamond passes up first or when. It's not done on a first come first served basis, they are numbered and issued in order of purchase, and you go through the diamond pass queues in number batch order so it's irrelevant who collects first. Your diamond pass will be matched to your order, you won't just be given whichever they have remaining when you get there.

Edited by Raylenth

I'm not a doctor but i just gonna write you all prescription for a chill pill.

Relax. Rules are simple and no matter how many times you'll ask they won't change them.

PLOT SUMMARY

GP have the priority to go before everyone else to the venue.

GP don't need any VQ number for regular guests but for DP they have to have it

For photos GP have priority for normal guests and for DP they go after DP and before general tix.

GP can't joing the front of autpgraph queues because it is not what they wrote. As they come they will join the back of the queue.

The end.

• Like 4

Ah yes, I understand that part. I'm just talking about the queueing that will have to be done to get my hands on mine. The standard entry can collect before show entry. When I get in I have to cross to their section and only queue then. That's all. Hopefully it's no big delay.

The fact that we also lose out on equal Diamond pass collection (as standard entry gets first shot at that) opportunity further devalues the pass

Sorry but I think you are confused. It really doesn't matter who picks their diamond passes up first or when. It's not done on a first come first served basis, they are numbered and issued in order of purchase, and you go through the diamond pass queues in number batch order so it's irrelevant who collects first. Your diamond pass will be matched to your order, you won't just be given whichever they have remaining when you get there.

Ah yes, I understand that part. I'm just talking about the queueing that will have to be done to get my hands on mine. The standard entry can collect before show entry. When I get in I have to cross to their section and only queue then. That's all. Hopefully it's no big delay.

Sorry Adz, you haven't posted anything?

When you say 'jump the queue' Rev1ll, do you mean just photo's or entry and autos?

Entry - Gold pass holders have their own entrance and will be allowed in about 10 minutes before regular entry get access to the venue.

Auto's you can't 'jump the queue' but you can join the back of any non Diamond pass guest without a VQ ticket. Diamond pass guests you will have to have a VQ ticket otherwise you will not be allowed through.

For photo's, gold pass get called forward to go through behind the diamond pass holders and in front of regular ticket holders. Gold are at the front for non diamond guest shoots as well.

Cool. Im only bothered about photos so jumping the queue in front of regular's will suite me! I thought I had wasted £250 for a minute there!

Damn it! 😳.

Damn it! .

I imagine by the time Gold pass people get there to collect then the majority of standard pass holders will have collected theirs already as they will having been standing next to the desk for a while, so there won't be much of a queue.

Damn it! .

I imagine by the time Gold pass people get there to collect then the majority of standard pass holders will have collected theirs already as they will having been standing next to the desk for a while, so there won't be much of a queue.

That's cool. I'm just not gonna stress. All will go fine. Gonna be a fun weekend. 😀

• Like 1

Damn it! .

That's cool. I'm just not gonna stress. All will go fine. Gonna be a fun weekend.

That's the right attitude!

Ok, so I'm sorry if this has been answered somewhere already, but just want to check ... so, in photoshoots, I see that it goes Diamond, Gold pass, then into batches ... BUT ... if you don't go into the shoots until the afternoon sessions do Gold Pass holders still go in before, lets say, batches 5 & 6 or whatever or by that point are you just called in with the batch you hold? Hope that makes sense (I've had a couple of beers so my thought to typing process may not be what it usually is!! :D)

I wont be arriving until around 9am. Do I need to collect the gold pass when I go through gold entry? Will there be a big Q to collect the actual gold pass or will this be given out upon entry via gold pas Q?

Go to the gold pass entry, they will issue you with your pass there. It's very unlikely there will be a queue at all at that time as all the Gold pass holders will have been let into the hall by then.

Edited by Raylenth

Go to the gold pass entry, they will issue you with your pass there. It's very unlikely there will be a queue at all at that time as all the Gold pass holders will have been let into the hall by then.

Cool, thanks!

Any news about the photo vouchers?

Any news about the photo vouchers?

Still no change, they are for £10 guests only. I've seen no evidence it will change this year.