Gold Passes

are gold pass holders going to have a little get together in the gold pass room on the sat morning. would be cool to meet other people there.

From years passed I'm not sure the gold pass room is going to be big enough to hold all the gold pass holders at once! Without knowing what the schedule is and how busy people are going to be, it's hard to actually plan a meet up during the day at a con.

There are usually some people in the room throughout the day though.

Edited by Wrong Name

Hello again, hope everyone is looking forward to london film and comic con as much as i do. Does anyone know what talks are availible with the gold pass ?

From the FAQ: - Access to and priority seating in all talks free and paid (this does not include the Talks of Diamond Guests, these have to be paid separately, and possibly some promotional talks)

• Like 1

Gold passers should be put behind the last gold pass not just be able to join the back of any queue especially since we have to queue for diamond guests same as GAs now.

I've said my bit

That would be completely unfair to those already in the queue to keep being bumped back.

Gold passers should be put behind the last gold pass not just be able to join the back of any queue especially since we have to queue for diamond guests same as GAs now.

I've said my bit

That would be completely unfair to those already in the queue to keep being bumped back.[/quote

Worked at other events.

And also people who have high vq tickets feel gold passes are unfair in general

But that's why they are being bought

If Gold passes were put in front of anyone else already in the queue, I would stop going to these events. I've been to an event before where this happened. I was about 8th in the queue, but still took me over 45 minutes to get an auto. All due to people coming after me but getting to go before me.

If Gold passes were put in front of anyone else already in the queue, I would stop going to these events. I've been to an event before where this happened. I was about 8th in the queue, but still took me over 45 minutes to get an auto. All due to people coming after me but getting to go before me.

Agreed. Absolutely ridiculous idea...

And it works well allowing them to join the back of the queue. Yes you still have to wait a little but you know you can join at any time and get through and no one is disadvantaged.

You still get the advantage with the diamond guests as well as gold pass holders are first into the venue and can get the lowest numbers.

Your post was hidden because it violated the forum rules. If you want to keep going down that Route yes, the next time it will be gone again.

What you are suggesting is essentially the 'two lines' strategy that would happen with presold autographs. It's been tried and SM have determined it doesn't work for their shows.

And it works well allowing them to join the back of the queue. Yes you still have to wait a little but you know you can join at any time and get through and no one is disadvantaged.

You still get the advantage with the diamond guests as well as gold pass holders are first into the venue and can get the lowest numbers.

Gold pass holders do not get an advantage for diamond guests, the queuing advantage was taken away for this ticket type and we now have to do the VQ dash again. To avoid having to queue early to get in and get a low number VQ ticket is the reason to get a gold ticket for auto collectors.

Gold pass holders do not get an advantage for diamond guests, the queuing advantage was taken away for this ticket type and we now have to do the VQ dash again. To avoid having to queue early to get in and get a low number VQ ticket is the reason to get a gold ticket for auto collectors.

Gold Pass holders are still in first and thus have better chances to get a low VQ number for the Diamond Guest. That is what Raylenth is saying. I consider than an advantage too. Not as easy as the "join the back of the line" priviledge, but definitely an Advantage.

We have to agree to differ on that, having to go to the hassel of getting VQ tickets is why I am not bothering with the Diamond guests where previously with a gold ticket they would not have been hard to get.

• Like 1

Not as ridiculous as someone who paid £16 going in front of someone who's paid £251.

Any better ideas to improve the value of a goldpass after the introduction of the diamond passes

They are welcome

That person who paid £16 could have turned up at 5am in the morning to queue to get a low VQ for a guest. A person with a gold pass could turn up at 9am, walk in and stroll past them and get an auto first. You honestly think that is fair?

• Like 1

It's not seconds, it's several minutes. And that's counting from the last Gold Pass going in. I've been at the doors.

Even with Gold Pass you still will have people showing up ridiculously early to beat the other Gold Pass holders and be the very first. That's not the system's fault. No one is stopping any ticket holder from coming in early. I've seen Gold Pass holders coming in at 7 AM, and that was before any Diamond Passes.

Why do you think people buy gold passes to beat queues I thought

GP holders still beat the queues. You could stroll up an hour before the end of the day and maybe still get someone's auto. Yet someone who's been there most of the day but has a high VQ still might miss out.

I know how gold passes work had them since 2012 at London Cardiff MK and Brighton.

As a 100% Showmasters supporter who has bought most of their diamond passes since they were started last year

I feel I have a right to express that they are not as valuable as they once were.

The gold pass needs to be made more sort after

I know people shove held them fir years are now not bothering fact.

Gonna see how this year goes and rethink my self as last year were told