Gold Passes

For me it's the first time with Gold Pass, but judging by the forum conversations it's worth the price. You don't have to wake up at 3am to go and start queueing, you can wake up at normal time and then know that you'll be the first one inside. Then with the Diamond Guests, if you want autos from some of the people you are able to get really low VQ number and be sure that you'll get their autos. So it's really good thing.

I am not sure if having Gold Pass gives you priority before normal ticket people and after diamond passes in the autograph queue.

For me it's the first time with Gold Pass, but judging by the forum conversations it's worth the price. You don't have to wake up at 3am to go and start queueing, you can wake up at normal time and then know that you'll be the first one inside. Then with the Diamond Guests, if you want autos from some of the people you are able to get really low VQ number and be sure that you'll get their autos. So it's really good thing.

I am not sure if having Gold Pass gives you priority before normal ticket people and after diamond passes in the autograph queue.

In the non diamond guests it does give you the ability to join the back of the auto queue, you don't automatically go the the front, but it means you don't need a VQ ticket for them. For the diamond pass guests I don't think it counts at all for the auto queues, they are entirely in VQ number order - it does give you priority to the photo shoot queues behind the diamond pass holders though.

This will be my 3rd year going gold for LFCC personally I think it is totally worth it especially as the event gets bigger. It just made me more relaxed and able to enjoy the con not having to que as much! Personally I already have about 10 shoots booked, looking to get 10+ autos and also attend talks, it took away any additional stress.

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone explain the following to me re: the Gold Pass. I'm feeling a bit stupid! So, the site says ...

"You will be able to get ... 2 photo shoots from the guests of your choice attending the show on the Friday or Sunday that are charging £10, these 2 photo shoots will be free ... (Please note: photo sessions tickets are not included in the Gold Pass. These can be purchased online)"

So, regarding the bit I've made bold ... what exactly does this mean? It reads to me like the sentence is saying you get two free £10 photo-shoots but then says photo shoots are not included in the Gold Pass. I'm sure I'm mis-reading it, but some clarification would be great!

Can someone explain the following to me re: the Gold Pass. I'm feeling a bit stupid! So, the site says ...

"You will be able to get ... 2 photo shoots from the guests of your choice attending the show on the Friday or Sunday that are charging £10, these 2 photo shoots will be free ... (Please note: photo sessions tickets are not included in the Gold Pass. These can be purchased online)"

So, regarding the bit I've made bold ... what exactly does this mean? It reads to me like the sentence is saying you get two free £10 photo-shoots but then says photo shoots are not included in the Gold Pass. I'm sure I'm mis-reading it, but some clarification would be great!

In 2015, the gold pack included vouchers that are redeemable for photoshoots at the desk in the venue.

You get those two vouchers, but the other photo sessions are not covered.

The contents of a Gold Pass vary depending on the Show organiser - other organisers call their "everything included" package Gold Pass. That lead to confusion, so that extra bit was added.

I do agree though, now it sounds a different kind of confusing. I'll ask the Office if we can add "other than that photos are not covered" or something like that.

• Like 1

Hi,

Can I ask, as first time getting Gold Passes, we collect everything the first day? Also, are we able to still collect on the Thursday or is that no longer an option now Thursday cancelled? :)

I think not. You'll collect everything on Friday. You are collecting stuff on the first day of attendance. If you can't do Friday you'll get your stuff on Saturday

Hi,

Can I ask, as first time getting Gold Passes, we collect everything the first day? Also, are we able to still collect on the Thursday or is that no longer an option now Thursday cancelled? :)

I think not. You'll collect everything on Friday. You are collecting stuff on the first day of attendance. If you can't do Friday you'll get your stuff on Saturday

I thought so, but wanted to ask. Ohhh I will definitely be there all days, trust me and each day jam packed lol :)

it quotes as saying you will get a free £5 prop shoot and 2 photo shoots from the guests of your choice attending the show on the Friday or Sunday that are charging £10, these 2 photo shoots will be free. (please note that Saturday only guests are not included) (please note photo session tickets are not Included in the gold pass. these can be purchased online) its definitely confusing a bit lol.

Edited by No1avenger

it quotes as saying you will get a free £5 prop shoot and 2 photo shoots from the guests of your choice attending the show on the Friday or Sunday that are charging £10, these 2 photo shoots will be free. (please note that Saturday only guests are not included) (please note photo session tickets are not Included in the gold pass. these can be purchased online) its definitely confusing it seems to be contradicting a bit lol.

It is a bit confusing.... but what it means is the Gold Pass is entry ticket only any photos you want...outwith the few stipulated in the gold pass package (one £5 prop and two £10)... must be purchased separately.

Edited by Bing250

I have only ever once brought a Gold Pass and that was purely to be able to meet Bruce Campbell. I knew the meeting time for him would be obscene and therefore I knew the Gold Pass was the only real way of doing it. This year I'm not because the guests I want to meet are small ones.

Edited by rogue_entity

Cheers all. I assumed this was the case but wanted some clarification.

Another question ... do Gold Pass holders have a different entrance or do they somehow just 'jump the queue'?

They have a different queue outside. It's on the opposite side of the building to where regular entry queue.
  • Like 1

Just wondering how do we purchase the free photo tickets online?

You don't. Unless things have changed last year you picked them up with your gold pass goodies at the show.
cool
To add a few details, you get vouchers in the goody bag which last year was collected in the gold pass chill out area. You then exchange these at the sales desk for the photoshoots you want. Edited by Wrong Name

Question (Sorry if already answered elsewhere): With the gold pass, it says you can join the back of an autograph que. Are you able to pay in this que, or do you need to purchase vouchers elsewhere?

Thanks in advance! :)

Yes, you pay either at the desk to the crew member who is with the guest or bigger guests will have a table half way down the queue. You do not need a voucher, as long as you have cash.
  • Like 1

Question (Sorry if already answered elsewhere): With the gold pass, it says you can join the back of an autograph que. Are you able to pay in this que, or do you need to purchase vouchers elsewhere?

Thanks in advance! :)

Yes, you pay either at the desk to the crew member who is with the guest or bigger guests will have a table half way down the queue. You do not need a voucher, as long as you have cash.

Great, thanks so much for taking the time to answer my question. Much appreciated. :)

• Like 1