Personalisation on Autographs

For the people who attended the previous DST events:

I'm one for getting personalisation on my items. For example, I'm going on the Sunday (final day of the event), what are the chances of the guests not doing personalisation on autographs? Like Shatner? Takei?

There is absolutely no way to predict that, sorry.

Even on the day it may change. I've been in line for Christopher Lloyd once who had been personalising all morning. Three People in front of me personalisations were stopped.

From personal experience: George has been personalising all the time when I met him. William Shatner usually did not, but I heard that this changed at some recent Events. But this is absolutely just personal experience.

Bill Shatner and Jeri Ryan did last time, staff let us know whilst we were waiting in the queue and were pre-writing our personalisations to handover with the photo by the time we got to the desk. Agree with Queen_Sindel, much depends on time constraints and the willingness of each actor/how tired they are etc.

Shatner only did for an hour on saturday I heard, he's a difficult one for personalisations. Last two events Christopher Lloyd was signing, he didn't do personalisations (unless he did start with personalisations at LFCC but quit later).

I think most will do though. At last DST everyone I met personalised (including the likes of Patrick Stewart and Karl Urban).

Granted these were a few years ago but from the experiences I've had from the guests attending this year:

Shatner - No

Lloyd - No

Takei - Yes

Ryan - Yes

McNeill - Yes

Farrell - Yes

Koenig - Yes

Shimerman - Yes

Siddig - Yes

Frakes - Yes

Oreilly -Yes

Combs - Yes

Paskey - Yes

De Boer - Yes

• Like 1

At DSTL 2012 Shatner didn't do personalisations. He was quite busy, and seemed a bit in a hurry to write down his autograph.

Kate however, did. When I gave the money to the girl in the front, she asked me if I wanted this (duuh!) and so Kate did it. And she took all the time she needed.

• 2 weeks later...

Shatner and Patrick Stewart are infamous for 'no personalisations' and that has been my experience on the multiple occasions I have met them before... imagine then my surprise when I got personalisations from them both at DST3! This really made the experience extra special knowing just how rare it is to get this from either of them, let alone both at the same event.

With Stewart I had to ask for one, but I took my cue from the fact he had done it for some people in line before me. Had I of not seen that happen I would have not asked and would have missed out.

With Shatner, as people have said above, crew came down the line asking if people wanted one. I couldn't believe it. I thanked him at the table for personalising knowing it is a rare extra. He said he was happy to do it.

I have not met Chris Lloyd but at LFCC 2011 he was personalising for everyone but he was very slow at doing it, and I think personalisations were later stopped. I imagine this played into him doing even fewer personalisations at LFCC last year.

So to the OP, apart from these three, I think you will have no problems getting personalisations from anyone, but still, Shatner, Stewart, and Lloyd may still accommodate. Just don't count on it.

At DST3, besides Stewart and Shatner who personalised...

From Karl Urban I got a personalisation and quote ("I am the Law!") on my Dredd pic. Urban seemed happy enough signing Trek stuff (I don't imagine he would have attended otherwise!) but he seemed very pleased to be signing Dredd material.

From Alice Krige I got a personalisation, and knowing she is fan friendly, rather than having her add the typical 'Borg Queen' to her signature, I suggested the following quote: "I am the beginning, the end, the one who is many. I am the Borg." She seemed very happy to do it and reminisced what a wonderful line it was for her character.

I will add though that all of this was on the Friday, i.e. before the mania of Saturday and the guest burn-out of Sunday