Latest Guest Announcement - FAMKE JANSSEN

I think that is unfair, we don't know the reasons behind the policy or what may have happened today or recently to Famke. The guests are only human and can have off days.

I have been told this is how it always is. I can appreciate the touching as it is her personal space and not everyone is tactile however a hello or thanks even a quick nice to see you would be appreciated ohh amd an expression that didnt make you think shed rather be anywhere else. I mean jer bodyguard was almost in pic and said the thanks. Get over yourself Famke.

Sorry I can't go along with the 'guests may be having an off day' excuse. I work in an office and have to deal with people face to face and over the telephone. If I was having an off day I would be expected not to bring it to work! No excuse for a guest not to be polite for a paying customer.

I disagree. We're humans. We're not perfect.

Famke only had two hours sleep. I reckon she'll sleep well tonight and be back to normal tomorrow.

I will have to try saying that to my boss next time I turn in for work after a night out and am having a 'off day' and see what she says lol

• Like 2

45 is a lot of money to pay to feel like you are nothing.

As an actor you will have off days but if you are on set you will still perform won't you?...you wouldn't stand there and not say your lines would you?

Her role for the photoshoot is a helluva lot simpler than any acting job she will have done in 20 years...

Look at the fan, smile and say hi or thanks.

Edited by CelticRob
  • Like 3

After debating all day whether or not to go for Famke's autograph I am really happy that I did! Asked how I was, said how she was and then told me to have a nice afternoon. Couldn't really ask for more when she's had a busy weekend with a queue behind me. Was very pleasant

I think that is unfair, we don't know the reasons behind the policy or what may have happened today or recently to Famke. The guests are only human and can have off days.

I have been told this is how it always is. I can appreciate the touching as it is her personal space and not everyone is tactile however a hello or thanks even a quick nice to see you would be appreciated ohh amd an expression that didnt make you think shed rather be anywhere else. I mean jer bodyguard was almost in pic and said the thanks. Get over yourself Famke.

Sorry I can't go along with the 'guests may be having an off day' excuse. I work in an office and have to deal with people face to face and over the telephone. If I was having an off day I would be expected not to bring it to work! No excuse for a guest not to be polite for a paying customer.

I disagree. We're humans. We're not perfect.

Famke only had two hours sleep. I reckon she'll sleep well tonight and be back to normal tomorrow.

which if it happened is of no use to anybody that paid large sums of money to meet her and came away feeling let down.

• Like 1

Well I ripped up my Berkoff photo, so I didn't get one...

Don't know the details as to what made you do that but good for you.

I came close to that with Famke. Decided to file them away never to look at again.

Maybe I should have offered the photo to SM on the day for a refund.

• Like 2

Well I ripped up my Berkoff photo, so I didn't get one...

Don't know the details as to what made you do that but good for you.

I came close to that with Famke. Decided to file them away never to look at again.

Maybe I should have offered the photo to SM on the day for a refund.

One guy posted on here that he got a refund of vouchers at the event. I should have done the same.

I basically went through with the farce of a photoshoot, collected the resultant photo and ripped it up on seeing how s***e it looked in a fit of pique.

I was also really annoyed that I'd gone through with it as I should have walked away when the crew member was delivering an effective ultimatum to us all as to how the shoot was going to go ahead or Berkoff would do one...

My Famke shoot went fine. Her bodyguard may have been a bit over zealous but there's obviously some kind of stalker thing going on behind the scenes in my opinion.

I commented on other threads where others had talked about how miserable she came across. To be brutally honest, not only does her poor attitude towards the fans spoil things for those wanting to meet her, it also puts the organisers in a bad light to a degree as well. If she was the only person I was after and the whole show experience based on that, I'd probably not want to do another Showmasters convention. I'd be having the impression, 'well if that's the type of person they ask to come for fan meetings, then I'd probably be better off going to an alternative convention where they do have more welcoming guests'. Just my two pence on the matter, that it's not hard for them to be a bit more welcoming to fans. Especially when we're having to PAY to meet them.

• Like 1

I commented on other threads where others had talked about how miserable she came across. To be brutally honest, not only does her poor attitude towards the fans spoil things for those wanting to meet her, it also puts the organisers in a bad light to a degree as well. If she was the only person I was after and the whole show experience based on that, I'd probably not want to do another Showmasters convention. I'd be having the impression, 'well if that's the type of person they ask to come for fan meetings, then I'd probably be better off going to an alternative convention where they do have more welcoming guests'. Just my two pence on the matter, that it's not hard for them to be a bit more welcoming to fans. Especially when we're having to PAY to meet them.

The problem is that as much as everyone's points are valid they are human beings and SM have no control over their behaviour. It's a catch 22 situation really. SM can't publicly say anything negative about the guests so what do they do? People ask for them to get them, they can't say 'no because they are awful grumpy people who you will all hate', and there's no guarantee that their behaviour will always be 'bad'. Unfortunately it's the reality of the situation. Heck, it's even mentioned in the FAQ that situations like this do happen so be prepared. I do understand what you mean about if it's a new attendee's 1 experience then it's very negative, but it's not exclusive to Showmasters. It can happen at any event. This is why it's stated that because of situations like this you shouldn't meet your hero's.

Well, that's also a valid reason. But to be very honest, they shouldn't be doing these things if they're not willing in the first place. As I said elsewhere, hopefully she doesn't do any other convention, then go and ruin other fan's experiences.

They are willing to be paid though. It shouldn't be their only motivation for coming but unfortunately sometimes it is.

they should remember its the fans that made them more famous than what they were so they should be more than happy to pose for the fans no matter what i mean if its no touching fare enough as long as they crack a smile and be pleased that the fans made there way to buy photos and autos of her she should be grateful

• Like 1

they should remember its the fans that made them more famous than what they were so they should be more than happy to pose for the fans no matter what i mean if its no touching fare enough as long as they crack a smile and be pleased that the fans made there way to buy photos and autos of her she should be grateful

I think sometimes a lot of people over estimate our importance to the actors. Yes, whilst producers do want to hire the best actor for the part, big actors are certainly often cast with an eye on reeling in their fans for guaranteed revenue. However whatever the number of fans they have, however famous we have made them they really don't owe us anything. Yes if they are agreeing to come to one of these events they shouldn't be downright grumpy or hostile but no one can compel them to behave in a certain way, as unfortunate for us as that is.

Thankfully the really bad ones seem to be few and far between.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 1

The problem is that as much as everyone's points are valid they are human beings and SM have no control over their behaviour. It's a catch 22 situation really. SM can't publicly say anything negative about the guests so what do they do? People ask for them to get them, they can't say 'no because they are awful grumpy people who you will all hate', and there's no guarantee that their behaviour will always be 'bad'. Unfortunately it's the reality of the situation. Heck, it's even mentioned in the FAQ that situations like this do happen so be prepared. I do understand what you mean about if it's a new attendee's 1 experience then it's very negative, but it's not exclusive to Showmasters. It can happen at any event. This is why it's stated that because of situations like this you shouldn't meet your hero's.

I agree with much of what you are saying.

It is so unfortunate that we as fans/collectors ask for bigger and rare guests, we say that we will pay for them and then Showmasters book the likes of Famke (hurray!). Then people meet her and we have page after page of unhappy campers. Showamsters may be annoyed too, but naturally it would be business suicide to comment. I think it is common sense to assume everyone is pretty unhappy at how all this turned out. Even if the cynic wants to say Showmasters got their money, well I doubt they'll be asking her to come back like they do the fan-pleasers that advance Showmasters' business year after year. Those who did meet her likely wouldn't bother again, and those who didn't meet her may not want to if given the chance after all the horrendous feedback. It is lose-lose for everyone,

I met her and can't say I was impressed. That said, she was 3rd and final of my top three female guests I wanted to meet, and she is still my favourite Bond girl. I am genuinely pleased some reported good experiences, truly. But all the negative reports reflect that her demeanor was not limited to isolated incidents.

I do believe in the intention of the "don't meet your heroes" comment because fans can have the tendency to put their idols on a pedestal. That said, I have not had ANY bad experiences to the degree of Famke's photoshoot in nearly 10 years with ANY guests. And speaking to other fans at the shows and on here, I would say that despite the stereotype us geeks may have, I genuinely feel that the vast majority do have very realistic expectations about what sort of interaction you will get from a celeb at a show. I note most are appreciative that celebs can have off days and other factors can impact on them too...

...so I would ALWAYS encourage people to meet their heroes, just don't expect to make a new best friend!

But there was just something VERY off about Famke all weekend, in a way that other guests just do not get complained about. Was it ribs? Convention naivety/inexperience on her part? The fan stalker problem she had a couple years back? We'll never know.

Regardless though, she made the decision to be there. In the same way she expected certain behaviour from the public (no touching etc etc) I think it should be obvious to her that paying customers expected certain behaviour from her too: at the very least a smile in a photo. I mean come on, how much more basic an expectation is that?

Of course Showmasters cannot LITERALLY control her, or anyone else's behaviour, but I would hope they could tell her (and any guest) beforehand what fans are likely to expect from a guest so they know if they want to attend a show. Or in my ideal world, Showmasters would dock her pay for the shocking (lack of) effort she put into her photoshoots. But I doubt that would happen. Forget the difference in salary, would she rock up to a film set and slur her lines out or put no effort in? I doubt it.

And whilst Showmasters are of course not criticising her, just remember how sensitive the mods can be to any criticism of any guests before an event because "guests do read the forum" etc. I think it speaks volumes that Showmasters and the mods have let all the criticism stand, and deservedly so.

Edited by Dent_1
  • Like 2

people were saying b4 she broke her ribs or she was unwell look at poor kenny baker he was unwell but still put a show on for us smiling in photos chatting away whilst getting autograhs signed it just goes to show he thought alot about fans than money rip kenny ur definatly a true gent and legend

• Like 1