All by myself

I will be going by myself as none of my friends are Trekkies. It's no big deal for me as I have attended a few conventions on my own before. Not sure if I would have the confidence to go to the party by myself afterwards though!

By the looks of it there's quite a few of us by ourselves so as someone said we'll hopefully meet up and attend the party as a group. I hate attending parties alone so even though I have my tickets I'll only go if we do arrange a meet up

im game for that, lets arrange something shall we all? a place? a time? maybe a facebook group chat so people can chat to each other, get to know each other a little?

Happy to help coordinate through the non official FB group if you wanted to join it. Nearly 200 of us there if you search for the event name.

Edited by robmoriarty

This is my first trip to the convention and I am staying for the sat night to take in Shatners one man show. Booked the tickets already and certainly not worried about going alone. My kids are older and have plenty to do and pretty sure they are more than happy to throw a party when my back is turned.

A few tips would be greatly appreciated so that I can get the best experience. Coming up from Suffolk.

Mike

A few tips would be greatly appreciated so that I can get the best experience. Coming up from Suffolk.

Mike

Wear comfy shoes and expect the venue to be hot with all those people there. Take breath mints so you can have some before you meet the guests.

Have something rigid to put your autographs in but let them dry thoroughly before you put them in - silver sharpie in particular takes a little longer to dry, it's not ages but just make sure you give them a moment to make sure yoou don't smudge them.

Edited by Raylenth

I've decided to stay till Monday, so i'm not in a rush on Sunday to get the train at 6pm. more time to relax. I need to work out how much money I need to take with me, I've heard the buses are exact change only, so if anyone knows the cost please let us know :D.

To the best of my knowledge you can buy a ticket on the bus or coach (as the 900 is run under the national express umbrella) but it needs to be "exact change". ("a coin in the hand is worth two in a box" a wise man once said, and if anyone gets that reference, you are nearly as sad as I am :D)

To the best of my knowledge you can buy a ticket on the bus or coach (as the 900 is run under the national express umbrella) but it needs to be "exact change". ("a coin in the hand is worth two in a box" a wise man once said, and if anyone gets that reference, you are nearly as sad as I am :D)

Thanks Ultimatequinoxe! (Didn't get the reference btw... :smile: )

• Like 1