Giving gifts to guests

ok i have never meant anyone probably will not bump into guys as all of you will be busy getting photos and autographs of other guests. i am giving Dolph a personlised travel mug.

that's a good idea!

I gave a mug decorated with Golf images to Kevin Sorbo, when I met him, ( knowing he plays golf) and he appreciated it so much!

• Like 1

i have got Dolph Lundgren a gift that is connected to him im hoping im sure he will like it. Its not food Raylenth.

Food is ok as long as it is commercially packaged and therefore has an expiration date and ingredients listed, it's homemade products that are the issue. I think large food items (cakes for example) are more likely to be discarded as well, the guest only has so much room in their suitcase so is less likely to transport it home, smaller food items like bags of sweets can be eaten at the desk for a sugar boost!

Edited by Raylenth

i have got Dolph Lundgren a gift that is connected to him im hoping im sure he will like it. Its not food Raylenth.

Food is ok as long as it is commercially packaged and therefore has an expiration date and ingredients listed, it's homemade products that are the issue. I think large food items (cakes for example) are more likely to be discarded as well, the guest only has so much room in their suitcase so is less likely to transport it home, smaller food items like bags of sweets can be eaten at the desk for a sugar boost!

And said packing is in a language the guest understands.

At a convention in the US once one of the Stargate guests spotted me and got this "OMG thank god you're here" look on his face. Turned out there had been another German fan who gave him a package of German gummi bears - very delicious if you are only used to the artificial stuff the US has - but either they didn't really explain what they were or he didn't understand them. They certainly dont look like the US ones, I don't blame him for not making the connection.

So he's trying to hide that he's showing me the package and whispers "what are these?" :lol: I explained and he told me later he had planned to give them to his Kids, but he ended up eating them himself and really liked them.

I am Dutch. Stroopwafels are the best thing ever. So, I give those. Best reaction came from Dominic Keating, who was talking to a fan. I didn't want to disturb, so basically just put them on his table and sidled off. He spotted the packages, tells the fan "hang on a sec", turns to me, tells me he hasn't eaten anything all day, and these are so delicious and a lifesaver, rips open the package, practically inhales the first one and immediately starts on another and then continues talking to the fan. It was really funny, especially since Scott Bakula (whose queue I was actually in) was so intrgued by Dominic's reaction he wanted to know what I had given him. I give him a pack as well, he tried one and loved them too :)

Almost everyone I know and all guests we have given them to loves them. Except for Guy Siner, he doesn't really have a sweettooth.

I have also been known to bake and hand out those goodies, but that's not really an option in London.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The dragon for Mads is finally finished

20160727_201904.jpg

Now I also have a couple of little piggies that I had made previously. Seeing as pigs do have a plot point in the films and series shall I give him a pig as well?

20160727_201951.jpg

• Like 3

Beautiful dragon! No one could resist a pig, either, I'm sure. :)

I did two drawings but don't like either of them :/

Just give them to him! :smile: Artist are always critical of their work.

Yes, I agree. I was at Disney on the weekend like I posted elsewhere. I usually draw Disney characters and get them to sign it. I wasn't particular happy with the way a drawing of Captain Hook from Peter Pan turned out. Yet Hook freaked so badly because he loved it so much that I ended up giving it to him as a gift.

After you've almost been toppled to the ground by a bouncing happy Disney pirate you get a lot less self critical. :lol:

• Like 1

20160727_201904.jpg

Now I also have a couple of little piggies that I had made previously. Seeing as pigs do have a plot point in the films and series shall I give him a pig as well?

20160727_201951.jpg

Give him a pig too. Both insanely cute.

Thank guys. They look a little better than in the pics, it's hard to take photos of them with a phone as they are too small for the focus to work properly, but a pig and the dragon are now in their little case with a steamer tag note to him!

20160727_201904.jpg

20160727_201951.jpg

is there a little crochet baby in one of the pigs? :D

I gave a gift to Carrie Fisher at her last appearance in October 2014, it was her birthday a few days after the show so I thought why not haha. I have her a mug with a pop art french bulldog on,as well as some homemade "keep calm and...." posters featuring her Dog Gary. She loved them so much! First reaction was to say "you are a God!" And then proceeded to give me a big hug and a kiss on the cheek, then stood up and yelled to everyone in the queue, "ITS GARY ON A MUG GUYS!!" After I explained that I had other things but had left them at home she gave me her address and email, I sent them out the day after the show,received an autograph and hand written letter back and we've been writing to each other ever since! Guests really do appreciate anything you give them,shows you're genuinely interested in meeting them and are probably not just a dealer trying to make a few quid out of them.

That is an absolutely lovely story, and what a great reaction from her! x

At a convention once at Milton Keynes, right when LOTR was HUGE and lots of the cast were there, I gave Elijah Wood some Smashing Pumpkins cds I had pulled together (one of his favourite bands), including rare/acoustic tracks etc - and in alphabetical order, lol. He looked so exhausted by this point (it was late and he had met thousands of people that day), but when he twigged what they were his face lit up, and he was like, 'this is incredible! and they're in alphabetical order!' and got up and gave me a huge hug :wub:

Wish someone had got that on camera...

• Like 1

I'm sure a topic like this probably exists somewhere, but I'm on my phone and searching is awkward so feel free to lock this if needed.

What's the way to go about giving small gifts to the guests we meet? I'm aware that it may vary person to person but has anybody done this before? If so, what was the gift and how was it received?

I've not yet decided but I was thinking I may bring a drawing for a few of my guests. It's something small, and I'd put them into a plastic sleeve. My concern though is would that then be something they could hold onto and take with them? Is there some sort of guideline as to what's okay and what's not?

I would love to give Tobin Bell a gift (am trying to keep this reply clean, lol) - but just completely stuck on what.... my fear is turning into a burbling drooling fan-girl on him :unsure::o:spew:

I'm sure a topic like this probably exists somewhere, but I'm on my phone and searching is awkward so feel free to lock this if needed.

What's the way to go about giving small gifts to the guests we meet? I'm aware that it may vary person to person but has anybody done this before? If so, what was the gift and how was it received?

I've not yet decided but I was thinking I may bring a drawing for a few of my guests. It's something small, and I'd put them into a plastic sleeve. My concern though is would that then be something they could hold onto and take with them? Is there some sort of guideline as to what's okay and what's not?

I would love to give Tobin Bell a gift (am trying to keep this reply clean, lol) - but just completely stuck on what.... my fear is turning into a burbling drooling fan-girl on him :unsure::o:spew:

The struggle is so real. To keep in theme with the Saw guest and to show my adoration I'm quite tempted to offer him a kidney. I'm sure SM would frown upon that though. There's probably a rule against the giving of human organs somewhere.

(I cannot stress enough-- that was a joke. Please don't ban me.)

• Like 1