Giving gifts to guests

• 3 weeks later...

I have a friend who knits logos from TV shows and so on. She loves the idea of her idols having her creations, but she cannot go to conventions for health reasons. So I usually give the gifts in her name. Eve Myles, Gareth David-Lloyd (Torchwood logo), Lena Headey (Lannister emblem) and David Wenham (Gondor emblem) were very pleased with them.

And then with Jamie Bamber, she and some other female friends started joking, and the joke became real: she knitted the BSG logo on a towel - a *very small* towel. If you don't know why that is funny, Google "Lee Apollo towel" and feast your eyes. When they gave it to him he was sitting next to Edward James Olmos. He looked at the towel, smirked, looked at Eddie, and said "Look daddy!". It was brilliant :dance:

I have a friend who knits logos from TV shows and so on. She loves the idea of her idols having her creations, but she cannot go to conventions for health reasons. So I usually give the gifts in her name. Eve Myles, Gareth David-Lloyd (Torchwood logo), Lena Headey (Lannister emblem) and David Wenham (Gondor emblem) were very pleased with them.

And then with Jamie Bamber, she and some other female friends started joking, and the joke became real: she knitted the BSG logo on a towel - a *very small* towel. If you don't know why that is funny, Google "Lee Apollo towel" and feast your eyes. When they gave it to him he was sitting next to Edward James Olmos. He looked at the towel, smirked, looked at Eddie, and said "Look daddy!". It was brilliant :dance:

Well I just Googled that, and have now been fired.

Totes worth it ;)

• Like 1

Hopefully it's not homemade

it is homemade

Realistically a guest won't eat anything homemade. They have zero idea what's in it. I always get sad when i see people have spent time and love making some handmade food knowing the celeb will never touch it.

What Persephone1 said. That's why I was asking Aftab, the mods would say don't give homemade food as a gift, they may take it but it will definitely go in the bin. I would advise as well if you are thinking of giving a shop bought one instead, consider the size of it. If it's a big round one it might be too big as well. Don't forget they have weight limits on their luggage and will be getting a lot of other gifts as well. I'm not saying don't give him a shop bought one, just consider the size of it.

Hopefully it's not homemade

it is homemade

Realistically a guest won't eat anything homemade. They have zero idea what's in it. I always get sad when i see people have spent time and love making some handmade food knowing the celeb will never touch it.

what are you thinking of making I'll have it lol
  • Like 2

ok i have never meant anyone probably will not bump into guys as all of you will be busy getting photos and autographs of other guests. i am giving Dolph a personlised travel mug.

Thats actually not a bad idea

• Like 1