a better time

Last year I was at the summer LFCC and met a lot of people made new friends and met up with old friends One of my friends is the guy who dresses as wonder woman to raise money for muscular dystrophy something his son suffers from . He is really nice guy, last year he was not treated very well. Please read last years " why did this happen " for details.

I have met up with him recently and asked him to come back this year He has agreed, I don't want anything from anybody but I do want him to enjoy the show and have a good time

Queen Sindel if you are there this year he would love to meet up and say hi.

To everyone else if you can treat him like the way you want to be treated then he should have a great time , that's all I ask

some updates about him

he has raised in 4 years over 14,000 pounds by himself

he received a charity champion award from sue barker

he has met David Cameron while doing a collection

he recently received an award for having done 100 collections for the charity

a skydive in march again for the charity

Thank you everybody

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

• Like 2

Met the person over 1 year ago and I agree he was nice chap. Since LFCC possibly archives old stuff, don't think I will be able to read what happened last year.

It's there, just go to the old events down the bottom of the main page and find LFCC 2015 in the past showmasters events and search for the phrase pinkflamingo gave above and you'll find it.

I have seen him around but haven't had a chance to say hi yet. I think it's horrible when people try to do something different and get hassle for it. I see a lot of unusual and different cosplays and I always think "Good on you"! I was at different type of con and saw a group of guys cosplaying as female pokemon. It makes me smile and I don't think their day should be ruined because of a few ignorant people. I'm looking forward to seeing in London.

The thing is, though, genderswapped cosplays are not uncommon at all. I've seen female Bilbo Baggins, female Loki, female Joker, you name it. Not to mention a large amount of the anime cosplayers I've seen are largely girls (not all obviously).

So why is it any different when its the other way around? A costume is a costume... and in this case there are particularly good reasons behind it.

Edited by StuartG2198

It's different because he was unfortunate enough to bump into a group of people who seemed to want to make up for their shortage in certain departments by running a way too big mouth.

And that's as far as I can go on this, otherwise I would have to ban myself. :P

• Like 1

Met the person over 1 year ago and I agree he was nice chap. Since LFCC possibly archives old stuff, don't think I will be able to read what happened last year.

It's there, just go to the old events down the bottom of the main page and find LFCC 2015 in the past showmasters events and search for the phrase pinkflamingo gave above and you'll find it.

After reading all of the comments, it reminded me of few things.

1.) Why I quit drinking, as I don't wanna be thought of in same category as drunken idiots.

2.) Bullies are everywhere, you may have a friend who is one, I used to until he referred a female cosplay as a slut and asked if there were no male outfits left.

3.) Some people must be so perfect, if they can taunt or humiliate other people. Sorry no one is perfect especially the Dr Who fans who thought it was funny to see a nice guy who is dressed as a female character.

• 1 month later...

Well a little while ago I asked if everyone would treat this gentle man better then he was treated last year Almost all of you said sure we can do that

One group asked him to join them in charity work they do in costume I won't name them they came out and saw our wonder woman doing a charity collection at a train station and told him he was not what they were looking for and that he should not dress as wonder woman as he looks nothing like her I Cosplay you may want to look at this

Last week o he was receiving thanks from HRH Prince Philip at St James palace for all the work he had done for the charity the Duke found it quite amusing that our hero dressed as wonder woman and other characters

I will be meeting up with our HERO and I will try to make sure he has a great day, All he wants to do is enjoy himself buy a few lego things for his son and have fun

So I ask again , can we make this happen please

I am also taken in some make up that I have never used and will be giving it to him could anyone else help with this

We will be there on the Friday

Thank you

If I see anyone getting harassed I'll be having a few choice words for the perpetrators. I despise bullies, they are the lowest of the low! I've had to deal with my fair share of morons over my choice of attire (i.e. heavy metal band t-shirts); but usually I put them in there place.

People should feel safe anywhere let alone a place that is supposed to bring joy and comradeship.

I haven't read the synopsis on what happened but judging by what I've heard these 'people' sound like they've yet to live in the real world..."oh look a man dressed like a woman...hehe!!!"

• Like 1

Disgusting to think he was treated that way last year! This is an event that's meant to be about bringing all of us together, not so that we then do exactly what other people have done to us at various stages in our lives.

Will be keeping an eye out for him for a wonder woman photo :)

• Like 1

I was with someone last year who teaches GCSE teenagers and she knew at a glance that he was going to run in to trouble, and I don't think they're bullies, they're just teenagers being teenagers. I suggest that he just puts on a male outfit, I doubt he'll make less money for charity and he may enjoy himself too.

I was with someone last year who teaches GCSE teenagers and she knew at a glance that he was going to run in to trouble, and I don't think they're bullies, they're just teenagers being teenagers. I suggest that he just puts on a male outfit, I doubt he'll make less money for charity and he may enjoy himself too.

A Cosplay bully, will bully people regardless of wether they are bloke wearing male costume or cross playing and same towards ladies wearing ladies outfit. I have seen young lady being bullied for dressing up as a female character from Naruto and bloke did for dressing up as Altair from Assassins Creed.

Also with respect telling people to change their attire so that they don't get harried is not really an answer. You may be correct that the youths in question don't perceive it as bullying but it is. It's showing a lack of respect for another and their lifestyle. It would be like telling someone with ginger hair to dye it so that they don't get comments about it. If the person in question chooses to dress as a female character then as long as it's not obscene or inappropriate it is within their right to do so.

• Like 2

This is comic con... part of the appeal is wearing things and doing stuff we would normally get mocked for. We shouldn't have to be worried about that amongst our own kind

• Like 1

You don't need to be a teacher to know that. Generally these teenagers sound like they've never had 'relations' and have a pack mentality...I very much doubt they'd mock a bunch of lads dressed as woman on a stag do/night out. You stand up to them and watch the cockroaches* run away.

*Sorry to the cockroaches who I compare these people too.

• Like 1

so he shouldn't wear the costume or wear a costume for his gender insert very dirty word how about if its decent and looks okay he should do it and not to be bullied I hope the rest of you who looked at this have better ideas for him and anyone else who is doing cosplay . Lets make it a bully free zone and allow him and others to enjoy there day we don't know why they may wear a costume maybe you should ask instead of assume please

Sorry mini rant over

oxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

• Like 1