Newbie question

This will be my first visit to a comic con. This will make my lifelong dream come true! Meeting Robert Englund and hopefully get him to sign my Freddy tattoo! So my question is..... will there be tattooists at the event? I would guess it's very likely but I wanted to make sure.

I believe that this is the first time that there has been an Exeter event, so I can't be 100% sure but I would say that it is VERY unlikely that there will be. I have never seen one at any con I've ever been to. Your best bet would be to see beforehand if there is a shop nearby to the venue and try to make arrangements with them.

Edited by Wrong Name
  • Like 1

There's never been one at any show I attended either. I have also not heard of anything for this one. The mods usually don't get info about the vendors there, but a first time thing like this would very likely have been mentioned.

Your best bet is really contacting one of the local stores. I know some attendees did that when Robert appeared in London last time.

Wow I assumed it was pretty standard considering the amount of people etc. Thanks for the reply, I'll have to figure out another option!

I imagine there's all kinds of health and safety issues that would come up with trying to do it at one of these events. Trying to get an area that is clean enough and then licenses etc. would probably be a nightmare. Especially when it's only for a couple of days.

Edited by Wrong Name

Wow I assumed it was pretty standard considering the amount of people etc. Thanks for the reply, I'll have to figure out another option!

I imagine there's all kinds of health and safety issues that would come up with trying to do it at one of these events. Trying to get an area that is clean enough and then licenses etc. would probably be a nightmare. Especially when it's only for a couple of days.

They've had them at official Star Wars events.

As to shops near the venue, there are no shops near the venue - it's about six miles to the centre of Exeter..

Edited by TerraHawk

Also could you imagine if the tattooist got bumped whilst they were tattooing!

But I guess so far no one thought it would be a good idea to do it at a LFACC style event.

I walked by the Tattoo pavilion at the event I went to in Germany (Essen) They just had their own corner of the hall with tables with the rest of the traders. Quite a big thing (over 40 of them!) at the US event last year.

Perhaps UK laws are more strict.

my cousin lives in Exeter and i emailed her to see if theres a place she recommends as i know she and her hubby had alot of tattoos. She uses a tattoo shop called 'Songbird' which is right in the middle of Exeter on the high street.Apparently they are on twitter and have a website for shop details so you might try contacting them beforehand as you'd need to travel about 7 miles from the venue.Its been around for quite a few years and their staff are good, so she says!

• Like 1

That surprises me. Granted I never looked into details, but everywhere I go they keep telling me German legislation and health and safety rules are the toughest in Europe. Maybe not for Tattoos. :lol:

My knowledge is now very limited and out of date but at one point (I'm talking in the last ten years or so) it was only tattoo/piercing studios in London that had to have health/safety licences/checks done.

• 2 weeks later...