People going alone?

Well i am meeting Adam Copeland for my selfish womenly reasons and i would love someone in the queue with me to stop me from passing out or help me out when security will be approaching to remove me surgidally from him

But for real i never talk to people in queues as they are usually with someone and i am super shy

I could do with being held up for the same reason haha!

Well i am meeting Adam Copeland for my selfish womenly reasons and i would love someone in the queue with me to stop me from passing out or help me out when security will be approaching to remove me surgidally from him

But for real i never talk to people in queues as they are usually with someone and i am super shy

I could do with being held up for the same reason haha!

So lets hold each other ok? So we will have some back up and if one of us will faint the other will drag someone out

I think this year id rather be going on my own simply because of the stuff I have planned. I did my first con last year with my sister and a friend, but this year im only going with the friend and i think they will get annoyed with me running about

Edited by john1980

Hello, this is going to be my first time at LFCC, I've never been before, I've been to previous Doctor who conventions, so I imagine the premise is the same, queuing, queuing and more queing. Just wondering if anyone has any tips on doing a convention alone?

Not so much just for going alone but pick up any Virtual Queue tickets you need as soon as you get in, then you can wander around and just keep checking back to see if your number has been called - the whole premise of the way Showmasters events are run is to minimise the amount of time spent in queues for the attendees.

Take drinks and try not to wear anything too heavy, the building can get very hot. They have air con but it can only do so much with thousands of bodies all generating heat in there.

Print off the schedule when it has been published and mark down the photo shoots and talks you may have booked so you know where you need to be and when - Sessions will not wait for you, if you turn up 2 minutes after the guest has left a photo shoot they won't be able to call them back for you. If you have a shoot clash go to the one that starts first and speak to the crew, show them your other ticket and they will try to help you through to make your other shoot if they can.

Be prepared for lots of hanging around.

Have fun.

Chat to people in the queues.

Edited by Raylenth

I'm going alone because my friends aren't really into this side of things and my family can be summed up as 'Your going again, surely you've met them all now' Yes mother (I'm looking to you) I do like more than one thing and I've still got people to add! And 'You're going to Wales to see Benedict Cumberbatch, hur hur, you're stalking him' (my sister) to which I say 'And how many times have you been to see Muse eh? You even went to see them in Cornwall'

Apparently it's not the same thing though...... :pyth:

• Like 1

I'm going alone because my friends aren't really into this side of things and my family can be summed up as 'Your going again, surely you've met them all now' Yes mother (I'm looking to you) I do like more than one thing and I've still got people to add! And 'You're going to Wales to see Benedict Cumberbatch, hur hur, you're stalking him' (my sister) to which I say 'And how many times have you been to see Muse eh? You even went to see them in Cornwall'

I just get the 'how much for a photo?!' and 'can't believe you pay to meet them' rhetoric from family and friends that don't get it...

• Like 1

I've had all that as well. A few years ago I bought a set used Tshirt from Stargate that had been signed by RDA - this was when he still wasn't doing any events and you really couldn't get his auto for love nor money so I was happy to pay for it. I can't lie to my Mum so when she found out how much it was she didn't shut up for ages about how she had a load of Tshirts she could sell me. :rolleyes:

Yep, it's always rational when it's the thing they're into, but when it's the thing you're into it's irrational and you shouldn't be spending money on it.

Even if you'd really met everyone, though, it would still be fun to go to a con just for the whole atmosphere. I find it very enjoyable being around all the other fans and geeks, people cosplaying, lovely merchandise etc. I think the general con atmosphere is just as important as the star guests.

• Like 1

A couple of old Women's Own mags and a recording of a Grand Prix race from 1985 - that'll do 'em. :smile: And they'll be grateful for it! :huh:

Don't forget the half finished Sudoku puzzle too!!

I was thinking more soft play area/beauty salon. Lol!

Been on my own to cons a few times. Always end up meeting people when I travel up. Usually coz I'm in costume and they know I'm going to comicon so ask me to show the way. ;)

I like that I don't have to fit to others schedules. But downside is getting photos of my cosplay etc.