People going alone?

This year I am going by myself Friday, Saturday and my OH is coming Sunday.

She doesn't enjoy it as much as I do and I can go the whole day walking around the con without having to stop etc...

But when she is there its a lot more faffing about.

So I get all my photoshoots and some autos on Fri, Sat and look round the con Sunday with the OH.

Maybe that could be a suggestion for the event improvement thread in the General forum. SM, what do you think of a partner drop off zone? £10 to park your other half there for the day?

But what would you have in this zone to keep them occupied... would have to be something to occupy both men and women, with a diverse range of interests...

I cannot imagine going with anyone else. Having to wait for them, go with them at times, trying to keep together, meet up with then constantly,it just sounds really too much like really hard work. Too much to see and do.

So alone for me for 4 days this year (last 2 years I have done it). I am sure I will chat to anyone I meet. If they chat back great, if not, their loss :-D

My main tips. Get in the queue early.. like 7am! That way you will probably be in Olympia about 9:15ish. As you make your way through the entrance... walk..... don't run... (I was told off last time "NO RUNNING" lol) so changed to a brisk pace and get VQ tickets as quick as you can for the guests you want to meet. Then you can enjoy the con and go back to see the guests you want later during the day as you will have a very low VQ ticket and will get in. Also download the site plan which will show were each guest will be so you know where you are going straight away.

Also download the site plan which will show were each guest will be so you know where you are going straight away.

Well, it will tell you the general guest areas, and maybe some of the bigger guests exact locations.

• Like 1

My main tips. Get in the queue early.. like 7am! That way you will probably be in Olympia about 9:15ish. As you make your way through the entrance... walk..... don't run... (I was told off last time "NO RUNNING" lol) so changed to a brisk pace and get VQ tickets as quick as you can for the guests you want to meet. Then you can enjoy the con and go back to see the guests you want later during the day as you will have a very low VQ ticket and will get in. Also download the site plan which will show were each guest will be so you know where you are going straight away.

Would love to be able to do this.. last year I was up at 5 in the morning to allow for travel time and we only got inside the venue just after 11. I'd missed a Photoshoot by then and barely just made it to another.

Short of getting up at 3am instead, I doubt I can do better this year...

Edited by Faerie Tanith

I usually go alone and don't mind it at all I often get chatting to other people in the queue and we talk about our love for who we're about to meet. Going by myself actually does wonders for my confidence because I actually have to talk to the guests. If I'm with my friends, they always end up chatting to the guest that I'm supposed to be meeting because I'm too shy! My main tips would be don't be afraid to ask and have fun!

Also download the site plan which will show were each guest will be so you know where you are going straight away.

Well, it will tell you the general guest areas, and maybe some of the bigger guests exact locations.

Didn't know that there is a site plan I will make sure I have got mine. Hopefully it will help me find the guests I want to meet quicker!

Going alone though I know I'll be meeting up with friends there too but I'll have the freedom to do my own thing.

I'm going alone, as I have done the other 2 times I attended, but I am meeting 2 friends who are going independently. So we will meet some time during the weekend. Going alone has the advantage of being able to do whatever you like, without having to plan around somebody else. The main drawback is that you don't have anyone to talk to during the queues, although some times you can chat with strangers waiting in line with you.

I'm going alone, as I have done the other 2 times I attended, but I am meeting 2 friends who are going independently. So we will meet some time during the weekend. Going alone has the advantage of being able to do whatever you like, without having to plan around somebody else. The main drawback is that you don't have anyone to talk to during the queues, although some times you can chat with strangers waiting in line with you.

Whilst going alone certainly has the advantage of not having to plan around others, if you have the right group of people that shouldn't be an issue. I am fortunate to be able to share LFCC with a group of friends. We meet here each year - coming from Scotland, Luton, Fleet and London. We all know that we have certain things planned for our time, and although we queue together outside, we often split up for most of the day, doing the things we need to do, meeting up again to eat or randomly in passing.

That said, I often find that when I am on my own, talking to people in the queues for photos etc. is one of the best ways to break the ice. There are some people who are nervous about meeting their heroes, and may be over analysing things in their head, so having the opportunity to talk can really take the edge off. Plus you get to share your excitement!

• Like 2

Well i am meeting Adam Copeland for my selfish womenly reasons and i would love someone in the queue with me to stop me from passing out or help me out when security will be approaching to remove me surgidally from him

But for real i never talk to people in queues as they are usually with someone and i am super shy