People going alone?

Anyone going alone *creepy voice*

Haha just kidding. I haven't been to an LFCC myself before and this year will be my first time. Just curious if anyone had any tips etc? I don't mind photos because you do them yourself anyway most of the time, my main worry is autographs. I've always had my husband with me during meeting guests. I dunno..I'm worried I'll feel like a total idiot.

Not cosplaying this year, had planned on a Walking Dead cosplay but I don't really want to do it if I'm walking around alone. Just not got the confidence!

I'll be wearing my joffo t shirt on Saturday though, my friend has designed it for me. Can't wait to get it made <3.

giphy.gif

I go alone, try not to worry about the autos, remember they are human as well. My advice is try and have everything ready as you get into the queue as you can suddenly find yourself at the desk before you know it and don't want to be fumbling around - not that there is anything wrong with that but I get stressed and make it worse when I'm trying to hurry!

Try to put as much stuff away as possible so you aren't juggling too much when you go through and keeps your hands free as much as possible.

Don't rush to put your signed items away when you leave the queue - you don't want to risk smudging. I usually carry my poster/item out of the queue to a quieter area and wait a couple of minutes before rolling them up/putting them away.

don't worry about speaking to the guest, I usually just thank them for being there.

You'll be fine!

Edited by Raylenth

Cheers! I've been to every lfcc since 2007 and most of the Glasgow cons too but as I say never alone argh.

Defo gonna try and be as organised as possible..I might even try get a walk around London after my photos etc are done. Got 5 booked so far. Adding an extra gleeson one if they're still available next month tho. Because everyone needs more gleeson haha.

Hahahahaha I haven't told him I have a diamond pass for jack gleeson yet lmao. So definitely a good perk! Sure he wouldn't mind tho. It's just for security of an auto and in fairness I want all 3 things included in the pass so it wouldn't cost much less to buy separately!

I know a few folk from here and a few fandoms too (mostly the walking dead one ha) so am hoping I won't feel too lonely.

That gif. No.

I always go with someone and often meet up with people but for the most part I wander around and get my guests done by myself. Plus I cosplay. It's a little bit more liberating in a way, but I've definitely never had a problem before, I think you'll be fine!

The biggest plus I find when I go on my own, is that you can just do your own thing. No need to worry about fitting in what you want to do and want a friend wants too.

Anyone going alone *creepy voice*

Haha just kidding. I haven't been to an LFCC myself before and this year will be my first time. Just curious if anyone had any tips etc? I don't mind photos because you do them yourself anyway most of the time, my main worry is autographs. I've always had my husband with me during meeting guests. I dunno..I'm worried I'll feel like a total idiot.

Not cosplaying this year, had planned on a Walking Dead cosplay but I don't really want to do it if I'm walking around alone. Just not got the confidence!

I'll be wearing my joffo t shirt on Saturday though, my friend has designed it for me. Can't wait to get it made <3.

giphy.gif

hey this is my first visit to LFCC I'm coming alone

im going alone for at least two of the four days ( as my wife cant come till saturday )

Going alone has its benefits. Not having to explain how much you spend to meet people for a start.

and this might be a benefit as i get paid that weekend .. so hope theres no kill la kill or love live stuff or its bye bye money lolz :whistling:

I am going with my mate to this one but I have been to many other conventions by myself. The London one is always busy so you won't look out of place on your own plus you get to do what you want at your own pace.

Me and my hubby went last year and going again this year. While in queues we got chatting to several people that were there themselves, both in queue waiting outside and while in photos queues. Chatting about who excited to see etc. Everyone I met, guests, con-goers/cos-players were all very friendly. We had an awesome time last year and can't wait for this year and have even booked same fortnight next year as holidays at our work so we can make sure get to it next year again lol.