Cosplay is going to be an even bigger aspect of LFCC in 2016

• Showmasters Admin

Hi Everyone

We all know that the Cosplay seen is becoming an even bigger thing every year at London Film and Comic Con and this year we are going to help make it even nicer and more fun for everyone involved.

We all see how much work time and love go's into these amazing creations and we want to help you all shear what hard work you have put in over the months at Comic Con, so this year we are going to give more dedicated space to just Cosplay , there will be more space to show your creations off and take photos and film and intact with each other , we have taken on so much more space this year to help look after this aspect of the event , going forward we plan to help and grow this Cosplay side of the show as we know its you that helps to bring the hart of fandom to Comic Con and we want to help you bring your creations to the public eye.

So if you are working on a new costume or you are getting one you have created before ready we would love to here about it on here , maybe shear some photos of how its progressing, the stage this year will have plenty of space around it so you will all get to mingle more with you friends and other Cosplayers and this will be something we are going to grow over the coming years.

With this years event being held in more halls and being 40% more space we can at last give you all more space to have fun with everyone over the weekend.

Just a heads up also we have a life size Groot this year that some of you might want to have your photo take with that i expect to see some really funny photos of with at the show , and he is really lovely :-)

well we are not far out from the Con so lets have a look at what you are all planning and we will see you all soon good luck with your costumes

Jason

Super excited for this! I've cosplayed at smaller events before but this will be my first LFCC in costume. Are we okay to share pictures of our cosplays as they progress? I'm not very gifted with a needle and thread but I'll be giving some DIY a go this year.

Cosplay is my main reason for going.

2 will be variations of cosplays I've done, and the other 2 will be new.

I've completed all but one, in which I need to get a few more items.

Edited by Sebster118

Well I am going dressed up as Anna from Frozen like last year and the 11th Doctor. I am thinking about putting on my TARDIS dress or be Hermione, but I am ginger so I will look more like Ginny with Hermione''s hair so I don;t know

No reason why you can't still be Hermione :)

My main cosplay prop is waiting for me at the post office apparently... got the little red note through my door... which means tomorrow I can finally take a few pictures. :) I am ridiculously excited.

Edited by Faerie Tanith
  • Like 1

I finally have it!! :D

I apologize for the webcam-quality picture but I AM SO EXCITED.

tumblr_o7fn84urAQ1rnkrqpo1_540.jpg

It's not the most comfortable thing I've ever worn in the name of cosplay, granted, and it's made of latex which makes breathing an interesting tasking, but at least it's lightweight.

• Like 4

• Moderators

I finally have it!! :D

I apologize for the webcam-quality picture but I AM SO EXCITED.

tumblr_o7fn84urAQ1rnkrqpo1_540.jpg

It's not the most comfortable thing I've ever worn in the name of cosplay, granted, and it's made of latex which makes breathing an interesting tasking, but at least it's lightweight.

That looks great!!!

This baby just arrived today. My cosplay of Daryl Dixon is now almost complete, only missing the weathering :D

Love it!!

And no, don't worry, it doesn't fire and the arrow is rubber, it is just a toy crossbow. But think I'll keep it in a bag just in case until I get to the Olympia :)

crossbow.jpg

I'm going on one day as Matt Murdock from Netflix's DareDevil (in his lawyer attire with my hair cut thankfully) and either the other day, I'm gonna be going as Fem-Big Boss/Naked Snake from Metal Gear Solid 3 or The Undertaker from WWE.

Hey, I'm a little new to the Cosplay scene. What are the rules on weapon props? I'm aiming to have my iron man suit complete for the Saturday but if that's not complete in time I'm thinking of showing up as Negan from the walking dead, is Lucille allowed to join me? She's made from a wooden baseball bat wrapped with a leather imitation barbed wire , really hope so as "SHE IS AWESOME"

Hey, I'm a little new to the Cosplay scene. What are the rules on weapon props? I'm aiming to have my iron man suit complete for the Saturday but if that's not complete in time I'm thinking of showing up as Negan from the walking dead, is Lucille allowed to join me? She's made from a wooden baseball bat wrapped with a leather imitation barbed wire , really hope so as "SHE IS AWESOME"

These are the rules for the cosplay competition which also apply for the con. http://www.darkcleopro.com/cosplayterms.html

I would say that a wooden baseball bat would definitely not be allowed as there is a chance it could injure someone. I have seen other people cosplaying as Negan who have used a soft foam bat and have painted it to look like wood that works really well.