Latest Comic Guest Announcement - AGUSTIN PADILLA

AGUSTIN PADILLA
Artist: G.I. Joe; Transformers; Borderlands; Smallville

ATTENDING: Saturday & Sunday

PRIOR to 2010 when he worked on IDW's G.I. Joe: Operation Hiss four-parter, Agustin Padilla had illustrated G.I. Joe: Origins #6 and Star Trek: Alien Spotlight – Cardassians for the San Diego-based publisher, which gave the Spanish artist his first US credit with 2009's G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra – Setting the Stage one-shot.

After Hiss Padilla moved on to G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero for a five-issue run. After that he illustrated DC's Bruce Wayne: The Road Home – Oracle (a 2010 one-shot), contributed to the second of the two issues of Marvel's X-Men: Curse of the Mutants: X-Men vs Vampires and then drew the Captain America Theater of War: Prisoners of Duty one-shot for the House of Ideas.

Moving back to IDW in 2011, Padilla drew G.I. Joe: Cobra Civil War #0. The one-shot, which set the scene for an epic multi-part saga that swept across the core titles in the line of comics featuring the Hasbro action figures, was followed by the first three issues of G.I. Joe: Snake Eyes.

Along the way, the Spanish artist continued to work sporadically for DC and Marvel. He also drew SSX, a one-shot published by EA Games to promote the game of the same name. After that it was back to IDW where he embarked on the five issues ofDungeons & Dragons: The Legend of Drizzt – Neverwinter Tales while simultaneously illustrating a three-issue run on Green Arrow for DC for which he then drew the final two issues of the Flashpoint: Wonder Woman and the Furies three-parter.

A flurry of work for Marvel (including Amazing Spider-Man: Webslinger, a Walmart promotional four-pager) followed in 2012 but then IDW came calling again, this time with two simultaneous four-issue projects: Borderlands and The Transformers Prime: Rage of the Dinobots. Subsequently the Spanish artist would work on eight-issue sequels to both: first Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters in 2013 and then the following year Borderlands: The Fall of Fyrestone (subsequently retitled Borderlands: Tannis and the Vault).

In between, with Beast Hunters at an end, Padilla – who'd drawn another promotional one-shot, the 16-page Harley Davison/Iron Man) as he embarked on that eight-parter – took to working for DC's digital arm. His involvement in Adventures of Superman, Smallville: Chaos (for which he illustrated all 12 chapters) and Infinite Crisis: Fight for the Multiverse along with the Borderlands sequels took him into 2015, since when his comics output has been limited to the occasional cover.

3215895-avengershulk00406.jpg