Diamond Pass Update

So let's get this right... NOBODY can see a guest until ALL diamond Passes have done person X.

So if a diamond pass holder gets held up in traffic, or delayed somehow (like happened to Mr Hauer a few years ago), then EVERYBODY has to wait for the unlucky sod to run the walk of shame (and not get a body double to do it) ?

No, that would be silly as it would potentially be a massive loss of revenue for SM. There's no point leaving the guest idle and not processing paying customers through, especially when diamond pass holders can collect their auto's on any day the guest is in attendance and therefore there is no way of knowing when each holder intends to go through the queue (like the VQ's they can go through any time after their number has been called up). Whilst I've never done a diamond guest myself I'm sure the crew will call the diamond passes up in batch number order like the VQ's, but if some don't turn up they aren't going to hold the queue up for them. Once they get to the last diamond batch they will probably start the VQ ticket holders lining up and will start processing them through once the last diamond pass holder in the line has gone through. If diamond pass holders haven't turned up for whatever reason the crew will likely just slip them in at the head of the VQ ticket holders if and when they do show up.

Yes, what Raylenth has said. Diamond Passes do get Priority, but that Priority is not unlimited.

The way it has been done at the last show was approximately half of the passes got called each day. If you were assigned a day you couldn't make and you spoke to crew they tried to sort you in the other day. After that they started calling Virtual Queue tickets.

I'd like to see the introduction of a cheaper Diamond pass that was just for an autograph, I'm not one for photoshoots or other bric-a-brac, but would pay for the guarantee of getting a graph - most recently I haven't wanted to run the risk of not getting the person on my item so have had to use the send-in service.

The closest ticket type to this to maximise your chance to get all the autos you want is the gold ticket :) This does not guarantee you getting the auto but as you used to get priority on all auto queues it was pretty close.

Edited by Alric

I'd like to see the introduction of a cheaper Diamond pass that was just for an autograph, I'm not one for photoshoots or other bric-a-brac, but would pay for the guarantee of getting a graph - most recently I haven't wanted to run the risk of not getting the person on my item so have had to use the send-in service.

The closest ticket type to this to maximise your change to get all the autos you want is the gold ticket :) This does not guarantee you getting the auto but as you used to get priority on all auto queues it was pretty close.

Gold passes don't get priority for Diamond guests and need a VQ ticket.

• 2 weeks later...

As an idea from last year I ordered 2. One on the day they were announced and the other a few days later and both came in the post on the 7th July (took photos of them and checked the file information) so hopefully gives an idea when they might arrive. If someone has last year's date then the 7th could be put into context of how far out from the event they arrived.

• Like 1

As an idea from last year I ordered 2. One on the day they were announced and the other a few days later and both came in the post on the 7th July (took photos of them and checked the file information) so hopefully gives an idea when they might arrive. If someone has last year's date then the 7th could be put into context of how far out from the event they arrived.

that's great thank you :)

Are they like lanyard things or dog tags this year? Also will they have the actors face on them haha.

I have not heard anything to the contrary. Any other design would be kind of impractical I think.

We usually don't know the graphics on them until they arrive. I think the last ones have been pretty neutral and no faces.

Ahh. So just like a name? I could have sworn my friends Robert Englund one had Freddie on it.

No, not just the names. Graphic artwork. I am not entirely positive, but the Robert Englund artwork may have had Freddy's glove or something?

Sorry, I am posting from my phone and it so doesn't like the forum search. There is a topic in last year's section where attendees were posting pictures.

Ahh. So just like a name? I could have sworn my friends Robert Englund one had Freddie on it.

No, not just the names. Graphic artwork. I am not entirely positive, but the Robert Englund artwork may have had Freddy's glove or something?

Sorry, I am posting from my phone and it so doesn't like the forum search. There is a topic in last year's section where attendees were posting pictures.

The Michael J Fox ones from last year had the pictures of him from the 3 BTTF posters on it. The Sigourney one had her in the powerloader from Aliens (although you couldn't see her that well)

Edited by Wrong Name

The Michael J Fox ones from last year had the pictures of him from the 3 BTTF posters on it. The Sigourney one had her in the powerloader from Aliens (although you couldn't see her that well)

Thanks. I only recalled seeing the Freddy one. Too many posts at that time. Brain got slightly broken.

• Like 1

i will be buying a diamond pass for rutger but will probably want 3-4 graphs. Will i need to get a VQ ticket for the additional 1-2 graphs or can i just pick them up when I pick up my two graphs I get with the graphs? Sorry I'm sure this would have been asked elsewhere but haven't spotted

i will be buying a diamond pass for rutger but will probably want 3-4 graphs. Will i need to get a VQ ticket for the additional 1-2 graphs or can i just pick them up when I pick up my two graphs I get with the graphs? Sorry I'm sure this would have been asked elsewhere but haven't spotted

You'll be able to buy the extras at the same time as getting your Diamond autos so you won't need to queue again. It would only be if you wanted 6+ that you would have to.

• Like 1

Got gold passes for me and hubby and diamond passes for Ron and Dolph..... planning a few pics and autos and hope we can fit in...we are there all days so hope so. I cant wait!!!! Hope schedule soon then the final planning commences.😊😊😊

• 4 weeks later...