Diamond Pass Update

Sorry if this has been asked but do I need a VQ ticket even if IV got a gold passn for autos?

Yes you will diamond pass is the only one that gets any priority with these guests

Same as last year. Gold Pass Holders do need VQ tickets for Diamond Guests.

Waiting for the rutger diamond pass to become available is like pulling teeth lol note to self stop looking at your phone every 5 minutes lol

Today is a bank holiday, isn't it? The passes may not become available today because no one is in the Office.

Sorry if this has been asked but do I need a VQ ticket even if IV got a gold passn for autos?

Yes you will diamond pass is the only one that gets any priority with these guests

Same as last year. Gold Pass Holders do need VQ tickets for Diamond Guests.

thanx both of you should still hopefully be able to get he's auto can't wait till July and to see what other guests are coming

I do think 3 queues would be a better system per guest though 1 for diamond 1 gold 1 for general

Ive seen this work well at other events and wouldn't confuse the blue t-shirts as much . No offence to the blue t-shirts intended

Only for popular guests obviously

I remember Jeri Ryan having 2 queues, and it was a nightmare.

People buy a gold pass knowing they have to get VT's for Diamond quests. If you think this devalues your GP, then simply don't buy one. I've only ever bought a GP once, and honestly don't see the need for one. Yes it's nice getting priority queue access, but even when I've had 20+ guests I've done them all without a GP no probs.

The gold tickets have always been sold as a way to avoid queuing. With the Diamond tickets this has been taken away from the gold passes so it has reduced the point in having one. This does mean that people need to think more about weather a gold pass is the best ticket for them or not.

As an autograph only collector I have been using the gold pass for years so I don't have to queue for hours before the doors open to do the VQ dash. Its a shame that this has been made necessary again for Diamond guests.

• Like 1

If there wasn't diamond guests then there wouldnt be a chance to get the big guests that we are getting now so yeah diamonds sometimes seem quite dear but if they weren't we wouldn't be getting the big guests we r getting take into consideration flight prices and hotel prices to it mounts up so that's why there are diamond passes sorry if I'm wrong

• Like 1

OR I think gold pass holders should get one special ticket in their pass and that means they can queue for one non-exclusive diamond guest without a VQT. Some gold pass holders may not even want to meet any diamond guests, and also not every gold pass holder would use the ticket for the same diamond guest.

I do like this idea, but for people like me who have GPs but aren't so fussed about autographs I wonder if we wouldn't be coaxed into selling our Special Diamond Queue Jumper (SDQJ) ticket to other GP holders.

OR I think gold pass holders should get one special ticket in their pass and that means they can queue for one non-exclusive diamond guest without a VQT. Some gold pass holders may not even want to meet any diamond guests, and also not every gold pass holder would use the ticket for the same diamond guest.

I do like this idea, but for people like me who have GPs but aren't so fussed about autographs I wonder if we wouldn't be coaxed into selling our Special Diamond Queue Jumper (SDQJ) ticket to other GP holders.

The easiest solution is to give back the GP the ability to queue with out the need for a VQ ticket. The Diamond tickets get priority, as they should do as that is why they have bought the ticket. Then GP holders get to join the queue before the standard entry holders . This is in line with the relevant cost of the tickets and how both the talks and photo secions still work. It is only the autos for GP that was changed.

• Like 2

As far as I know GP is gving you the priority to enter the venue before everybody else including Diamond Passes. I see no problem with that at all. As a GP holder I can go inside and get very low VQ number. And also have no problem with that. Besides how do you guys see the fact that GP is going after Diamond's to get an autograph? You do need the VQ for that. I don't want to stand there and wait until the Diamond Passes are finished.

What I would like to have is some time frame where I can come back to start queueing for the Diamond guests instead of coming back every five minutes. I understand that this may be a problem to give the exact time, but some information would've been nice.

• Like 1

Besides how do you guys see the fact that GP is going after Diamond's to get an autograph? You do need the VQ for that.

Not really. You would start by calling diamond 1-50 then 1-100 etc. Until the queue is low, then start vq 1-50 etc. But allow golds to join whenever, without a ticket, the same as non-diamond guests. You could have a period of just diamonds and golds before opening up to vq tickets if that guest is particularly popular. This is where limiting the gold tickets more would help.
  • Like 4

Besides how do you guys see the fact that GP is going after Diamond's to get an autograph? You do need the VQ for that.

Not really. You would start by calling diamond 1-50 then 1-100 etc. Until the queue is low, then start vq 1-50 etc. But allow golds to join whenever, without a ticket, the same as non-diamond guests. You could have a period of just diamonds and golds before opening up to vq tickets if that guest is particularly popular. This is where limiting the gold tickets more would help.

Would love to see Diamond Pass implemented like this! It gives DP holders there guarantee but gives the GP holders their perks too! :)

• Like 3

I see what you mean. But this suggestion in a way defeats the purpose of the Diamond Pass at all - the Diamond Pass is there to guarantee you meeting that guest. If Gold Passes can join any time a Gold Pass gives you that guarantee too, and one of the biggest perks (if not the biggest) of the Diamond Pass is becoming a moot point.

I see what you mean. But this suggestion in a way defeats the purpose of the Diamond Pass at all - the Diamond Pass is there to guarantee you meeting that guest. If Gold Passes can join any time a Gold Pass gives you that guarantee too, and one of the biggest perks (if not the biggest) of the Diamond Pass is becoming a moot point.

I could be wrong but the way I read it is that the Gold can join wherever HOWEVER all diamond passes must go through first OR Diamond's can be placed ahead of Golds in the queue. Allowing gold's this perk would also mean standard ticket holders have a better chance of a low VQ number.

​Or you could do separate VQs for Gold and Standard?

• Like 1

That's a fair point. The problem is, part of the idea of the Gold pass is that you can turn up later and not need the VQ tickets, the diamonds defeat the purpose of that! It seems the real problem is that one way or the other, one of these passes suffers. Personally, I think it should work the way I said above as there is enough other benefits of having everything you want for a particular guest (and some bonuses like the prints, t shirts and even exclusive talks) in one package that golds being able to go after them makes no difference to them. I'd still buy Diamond passes for bigger guests even with a gold pass if they were someone I HAD to meet, as that's what I see the Diamond passes are for.

I guess really, I would be fine if the Diamond pass was reserved for those A list type guests, the Michael J Fox's and Sigourney Weaver's. When there are smaller guests (Rutger and Mads) getting Diamond passes, looking at their prices I'd say SM could get these guests without needing the Diamond passes to pay for them, so they are adding the Diamond just so people can have the guarantee of meeting them. Which is great, for them. However this is now 2 fairly popular guests who gold pass holders have to get vq tickets for. The more diamond passes there are, the more we end up running round when getting inside as if we hadn't bought a gold pass in the first place!

I know some people will say that to them Rutger is bigger than MJF, but I know SM look at this from the more general point of view. And as I've said before, these are just my thoughts and SM will run their business as they please and I accept it.

• Like 5

That's a fair point. The problem is, part of the idea of the Gold pass is that you can turn up later and not need the VQ tickets, the diamonds defeat the purpose of that! It seems the real problem is that one way or the other, one of these passes suffers. Personally, I think it should work the way I said above as there is enough other benefits of having everything you want for a particular guest (and some bonuses like the prints, t shirts and even exclusive talks) in one package that golds being able to go after them makes no difference to them. I'd still buy Diamond passes for bigger guests even with a gold pass if they were someone I HAD to meet, as that's what I see the Diamond passes are for.

I guess really, I would be fine if the Diamond pass was reserved for those A list type guests, the Michael J Fox's and Sigourney Weaver's. When there are smaller guests (Rutger and Mads) getting Diamond passes, looking at their prices I'd say SM could get these guests without needing the Diamond passes to pay for them, so they are adding the Diamond just so people can have the guarantee of meeting them. Which is great, for them. However this is now 2 fairly popular guests who gold pass holders have to get vq tickets for. The more diamond passes there are, the more we end up running round when getting inside as if we hadn't bought a gold pass in the first place!

I know some people will say that to them Rutger is bigger than MJF, but I know SM look at this from the more general point of view. And as I've said before, these are just my thoughts and SM will run their business as they please and I accept it.

Think this is a reasonable case... By allowing the gold to have priority ahead of standard is essentially just like saying we have the low virtual tickets thereby just eliminating the need to run round after them. As said above the diamond pass gives you lots of other perks (exclusive items talk entry etc) and at the end of the day the diamond pass will continue to be the ONLY guaranteed way you will get an autograph which is the reason for the the ticket, that guest may not even reach gold passes anyway so all this talk may be irrelevant haha.

Likewise if the guest is both that important to me or great value for money I will purchase the Diamond Pass to guarantee that meet with the guest.

Edited by only_jay
  • Like 2

I agree with Wrong Name. It's not like I want to meet a lot of Diamond gueste only Jack and Mads, but Mads's price is 40 pounds already and really this is just weird that he has a Diamond Pass at all.

Personally I don't really care that much about autographs, I am happy with the pic only as some people are charging a lot or rather SM is charging a lot. I am not arguing with the price, I get it all, but sometimes it's just too much. Right now I started to regret my Gold Pass as I could've spend my money on some Diamond Passes instead. Not all of us are that rich

• Like 3

This is well said Wrong Name and I agree. I don't have an issue with the diamond passes at all, I think they are very good way of ensuring you get everything that you want but think they maybe should be reserved for the rare and very high level guests. I get why they are offering them for Mads, Rutger and Jack as they know they are going to be popular and it does mean the purchasers can get everything that they want but with all the other activities the guests do it really is making it harder for the rest of us :smile:. I don't know how many gold passes have been sold or how many diamond passes will be on offer but potentially you could have a lot of people with diamond and gold tickets wanting to meet these people and only a few others getting through. I'm mainly only coming for Mads so I'll see how much his diamond pass is as some of them are very good value for money but for me the only issue with the Diamonds is that the included items are spread over the event meaning I'd have to go each day which I don't think I can!

I think I'll just have to go the 1 day I can, take a book and lots of water and hope I can get through his queue.

Problems, problems........It's a very difficult issue really.

• Like 2

I beleive that you need both gold and diamond passes, i will be purchasing a diamond pass for rutger because i want a care free experience with him, i also will consider a gold pass as well because there are a couple of game of thrones and doctor who guests who even if they are technically smaller guests fans will come in their droves for and i dont want the pressure of having to que.

• Like 1

So let's get this right... NOBODY can see a guest until ALL diamond Passes have done person X.

So if a diamond pass holder gets held up in traffic, or delayed somehow (like happened to Mr Hauer a few years ago), then EVERYBODY has to wait for the unlucky sod to run the walk of shame (and not get a body double to do it) ?

No, that would be silly as it would potentially be a massive loss of revenue for SM. There's no point leaving the guest idle and not processing paying customers through, especially when diamond pass holders can collect their auto's on any day the guest is in attendance and therefore there is no way of knowing when each holder intends to go through the queue (like the VQ's they can go through any time after their number has been called up). Whilst I've never done a diamond guest myself I'm sure the crew will call the diamond passes up in batch number order like the VQ's, but if some don't turn up they aren't going to hold the queue up for them. Once they get to the last diamond batch they will probably start the VQ ticket holders lining up and will start processing them through once the last diamond pass holder in the line has gone through. If diamond pass holders haven't turned up for whatever reason the crew will likely just slip them in at the head of the VQ ticket holders if and when they do show up.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 1

I'd like to see the introduction of a cheaper Diamond pass that was just for an autograph, I'm not one for photoshoots or other bric-a-brac, but would pay for the guarantee of getting a graph - most recently I haven't wanted to run the risk of not getting the person on my item so have had to use the send-in service.

• Like 1

I'd like to see the introduction of a cheaper Diamond pass that was just for an autograph, I'm not one for photoshoots or other bric-a-brac, but would pay for the guarantee of getting a graph - most recently I haven't wanted to run the risk of not getting the person on my item so have had to use the send-in service.

I have booked the send in service as well this time but the question has been raised before and they aren't intending to introduce for want of a better description, fragmented diamond passes for individual activities, it get's far too complicated if you introduce too many different levels of package/tickets and if you try to offer guaranteed in person autos outside off the current diamond pass it could cause a nightmare. How many do you sell? You'd have to really limit it otherwise what happens if you sell a couple of hundred but the guest is a slow signer and they only get through a few - it's rare but does happen.