Latest Guest Announcement - RUTGER HAUER

An awesome guest add for me. Everyone's 'big' guest differs but I'm glad to add him to my Blade Runner poster with Ford on there.

I think in recent years the prices have gone mental so I am not going to follow others by saying the autograph price is amazing. It is very reasonable but let's not let these increasing autograph prices go to our heads. £25 is still £25. That being said I think his fee is very reasonable and would welcome guests of his calibre at this price point.

• Like 1

Wish people would be more posative about these announcements.

If I have no interest in a guest I would never, EVER voice a nasty/negative opinion. Others need to learn that as well.

I think people were expecting a much higher profile talent after SM preceded the announcement with a grand drum-roll...especially as he's a returning guest.

I'm fully aware of Rutger's work dating as far back as his Dutch films with Paul Verhoeven through to his 80s/90s action films like Night Hawks, Blade Runner, Flesh + Blood, Ladyhawke, The HItcher, Wanted: Dead or Alive, Blind Fury, Salute To The Jugger and Split Second and his Guinness ads etc and he is someone I really wanna meet but even I'm surprised that he was announced with such a fanfare. During the 80s especially he was one of those actors associated with exploitation, grindhouse-style VHS hits, the kind you would naturally expect to see at a con.

Edited by nicky

I can't believe this is coming from you Nicky - you're always the first one to ask for movie guests. :lol:

Just for the record, the first announcement actually said it was a returning guest.

As much as I liked a lot of the guesses in this thread, by the wording of the first announcement in my opinion it was pretty clear that it wasn't a current popular guest like Norman Reedus who would only be returning after a very short break. Going by that I personally considered Nathan Fillion a possible, maybe Bruce Campbell - with my third candidate David Tennant already pushing it due to the shorter length of return time.

Besides of Rupert's body of work the fact that it's been 14 years since he attended an SM event may have well been a factor for a special announcement.

• Like 2

Wish people would be more posative about these announcements.

If I have no interest in a guest I would never, EVER voice a nasty/negative opinion. Others need to learn that as well.

I think people were expecting a much higher profile talent after SM preceded the announcement with a grand drum-roll...especially as he's a returning guest.

I'm fully aware of Rutger's work dating as far back as his Dutch films with Paul Verhoeven through to his 80s/90s action films like Night Hawks, Blade Runner, Flesh + Blood, Ladyhawke, The HItcher, Wanted: Dead or Alive, Blind Fury, Salute To The Jugger and Split Second and his Guinness ads etc and he is someone I really wanna meet but even I'm surprised that he was announced with such a fanfare. During the 80s especially he was one of those actors associated with exploitation, grindhouse-style VHS hits, the kind you would naturally expect to see at a con.

I can be wrong, but hasn't he been of the convention circuit for a while now? I certainly can't remember him doing a European event since I started attending conventions.

I can't believe this is coming from you Nicky - you're always the first one to ask for movie guests. :lol:

Just for the record, the first announcement actually said it was a returning guest.

As much as I liked a lot of the guesses in this thread, by the wording of the first announcement in my opinion it was pretty clear that it wasn't a current popular guest like Norman Reedus who would only be returning after a very short break. Going by that I personally considered Nathan Fillion a possible, maybe Bruce Campbell - with my third candidate David Tennant already pushing it due to the shorter length of return time.

Besides of Rupert's body of work the fact that it's been 14 years since he attended an SM event may have well been a factor for a special announcement.

Very fair point QS. Not a fan myself but good to see a guest returning after such a long absence.

Ah right. I didn't see that part saying it was a returning guest. I wanted to meet him for ages but kinda gave up. Like you said, 14 years ago is a long time! Too bad I've grown out of collecting sigs pretty much these days hence why I dont post as much anymore.

Ah right. I didn't see that part saying it was a returning guest. I wanted to meet him for ages but kinda gave up. Like you said, 14 years ago is a long time! Too bad I've grown out of collecting sigs pretty much these days hence why I dont post as much anymore.

I find that as well when some guests finally get announced its like can I really be bothered as you have been waiting for years then give up

I find that as well when some guests finally get announced its like can I really be bothered as you have been waiting for years then give up

I've been waiting for years myself but m not going to miss the opportunity this time round :clap:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...