Latest Guest - MADS MIKKELSEN - Star Wars Rogue One Update

If anyone is looking for something to do on the Thursday evening before everything gets started, there is a showing of 'Men and Chicken' at the BFI at Southbank at 20:55. It's in their small 'studio' screen so not too many tickets available.

I'm still on the fence... and now the diamonds passes are almost sold out. But I was thinking of going to the talk on Sunday and maybe throwing in a photo OP if I'm feeling ballsy enough... maybe... #brokestudentproblems

Sorry, for another silly con newbie question, but I don't really understand the batch thing. So once we buy our tickets (btw we have to print them out ourselves, right?) it will say somewhere on there which batch we are (do both the talk and the photo shoot have batches?). And those batches basically determine how far in the back of the line I am going to be/ when it's time for my batch to line up? The VR stuff only applies to autographs, right?

Also now that the time for the talk has been released, do you think it'd be okay to only buy an afternoon entry ticket for Sunday (the photo session is scheduled after the talk anyway...)

I'm just trying to make sure. Thank you in advance!

For anyone wondering, there may only be one image floating out there of Mads Mikkelsen as Galen Erso in Rogue One but it is of sufficient quality for printing.

I'm a big fan of his but don't know whether to go for a signature on a pic of a character from a film I've not seen.

I remember LFCC 2012 when Karl Urban was there and the DREDD trailer was out but the film was not released yet. Obviously I had no idea how good his performance would turn out to be but I refused to get an auto on that basis. After seeing the film, I did not hesitate for one second to get a DREDD pic signed when he was at Destination Trek3 two years later.

It is great Showmasters got Mads again but if it had only been six months later then we'd have the luxury of so many great images from Rogue One and Doctor Strange to choose from.

If it helps anyone:

Galen-Erso-Star-Wars-Rogue-One-header.jp

Edited by Dent_1

I'm still on the fence... and now the diamonds passes are almost sold out. But I was thinking of going to the talk on Sunday and maybe throwing in a photo OP if I'm feeling ballsy enough... maybe... #brokestudentproblems

Sorry, for another silly con newbie question, but I don't really understand the batch thing. So once we buy our tickets (btw we have to print them out ourselves, right?) it will say somewhere on there which batch we are (do both the talk and the photo shoot have batches?). And those batches basically determine how far in the back of the line I am going to be/ when it's time for my batch to line up? The VR stuff only applies to autographs, right?

Also now that the time for the talk has been released, do you think it'd be okay to only buy an afternoon entry ticket for Sunday (the photo session is scheduled after the talk anyway...)

The talk doesn't have batches, you just line up to be let in, show your ticket and take a seat. The Diamond pass holders will be let in first and will get the front rows. Your photo ticket will say your batch on yes. Go to the photo shoot area and they will call people up in batches - 1, 2 ect. If it's a split shoot then people with higher batches will most likely be going through in the afternoon session.

The VQ tickets are only to do with the autoraphs yes. You won't need one if you have diamond pass for that guest but if you want to see someone you don't have a diamond pass for then you will need to get a VQ ticket- the later in the day you pick one up and the more popular the guest means it's less likely you will get to see them on a VQ ticket.

If you buy a diamond pass for Mads you are first in queue for the talk, and the photo's (you can do the later session for the photo's as long as your number has been called earlier.)

I would say you would be fine to buy the later entry if you buy a diamond passbut make sure you do the autograph as soon as you get there as long as your number has been called through.. I wouldn't advise leaving that.

For anyone wondering, there may only be one image floating out there of Mads Mikkelsen as Galen Erso in Rogue One but it is of sufficient quality for printing.

I'm a big fan of his but don't know whether to go for a signature on a pic of a character from a film I've not seen.

I remember LFCC 2012 when Karl Urban was there and the DREDD trailer was out but the film was not released yet. Obviously I had no idea how good his performance would turn out to be but I refused to get an auto on that basis. After seeing the film, I did not hesitate for one second to get a DREDD pic signed when he was at Destination Trek3 two years later.

It is great Showmasters got Mads again but if it had only been six months later then we'd have the luxury of so many great images from Rogue One and Doctor Strange to choose from.

I've managed to get a Dr Strange poster though I do love the ones they've released at SDCC. I have no hesitation in getting Mads to sign it because the film looks so AWESOME it can only be brilliant!

The talk doesn't have batches, you just line up to be let in, show your ticket and take a seat. The Diamond pass holders will be let in first and will get the front rows. Your photo ticket will say your batch on yes. Go to the photo shoot area and they will call people up in batches - 1, 2 ect. If it's a split shoot then people with higher batches will most likely be going through in the afternoon session.

The VQ tickets are only to do with the autoraphs yes. You won't need one if you have diamond pass for that guest but if you want to see someone you don't have a diamond pass for then you will need to get a VQ ticket- the later in the day you pick one up and the more popular the guest means it's less likely you will get to see them on a VQ ticket.

If you buy a diamond pass for Mads you are first in queue for the talk, and the photo's (you can do the later session for the photo's as long as your number has been called earlier.)

I would say you would be fine to buy the later entry if you buy a diamond passbut make sure you do the autograph as soon as you get there as long as your number has been called through.. I wouldn't advise leaving that.

And if I only get an afternoon entry, a photo ticket, and a talk ticket? Would that still work out time-wise? Can I queue up for entry to the venue before 12, so that I make it to the door around 12 (because that's when I am allowed to enter with an afternoon ticket)? That would still be enough time to queue up for a good seat during the talk (in the row behind all of the diamond pass holders, I guess), right?

As long as you are in the venue before those events start you will be fine if you have tickets for them. You can queue for entry before 12 yes, they will probably do the same as they are doing with the morning, you will have your ticket scanned and then allowed in at 12. Re queuing for the talk you will only be allowed to start a queue once the queue for the previous talk has completely entered the talk area. In other words you won't be allowed to start queuing for the talk when you get in to the venue at 12 to get the best possible seat. If you try you will be sent away.