FAQ on autographs and bringing your own pens with you for signing

Namine

I'm kinda wondering, I have four posters that are going to be signed at LFCC this July, however, they're fabric (three of them) and the other one is silk.

My question is, can I bring something like this -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-International-Stationery-Laundry-Labels/dp/B00E9WZEKQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1460426916&sr=1-1&keywords=uniform+pen(minus the labels lol)

Would the guests sign their signatures on that, just I don't want the signatures to bleed through the fabrics (i know canvas is fine since I got Stan Lee to sign that)?

(PS Sorry for so many questions and threads!!!)

I got all the Back To The Future guests to sign a poster using my bronze sharpie last year and had no issues getting them to use it (including Michael J Fox). As has been said just ask the crew member with them before you speak to the guest or just ask the guest them self. Remember to get your pen back though after they have signed as I nearly lost mine to Christopher Lloyd!

• Like 1

Likewise in the past I've asked guests to use a particular colour that I bought with me and they have all been completely fine about it and as Wrong Name advised regarding getting your pen back, I've had a bit of a laugh with a couple of them when I've had to ask for it back.

• Like 1

I can also echo what others have said; just ask the guest or staff member to use your pen.

Last year I asked Sigourney Weaver to use the blue pen. The year before that, I had brought my own metallic sharpie and asked guests like Michael Biehn and Casper Van Dien to sign my steelbooks.

Like others have also said, you can easily get lost into the interaction that you forget your pens.

I remember I had to go back to Rob Zombie to get my pen back. When I approached him, he gave me his hand out as if I wanted to go back to shake it - I was like "no, you still have my pen" haha.

• Like 1

I can also echo what others have said; just ask the guest or staff member to use your pen.

Last year I asked Sigourney Weaver to use the blue pen. The year before that, I had brought my own metallic sharpie and asked guests like Michael Biehn and Casper Van Dien to sign my steelbooks.

Like others have also said, you can easily get lost into the interaction that you forget your pens.

I remember I had to go back to Rob Zombie to get my pen back. When I approached him, he gave me his hand out as if I wanted to go back to shake it - I was like "no, you still have my pen" haha.

I'm pretty jealous that you've met Rob Zombie!
  • Like 1