NXT News Updates 2016 onwards

CHAPPiE13

Just to kickstart the wrestlign section as I know there are a few wrestling fans on here.

NXT has had some big name signings from Japan (Shinsuke Nakamura and Kana - now Asuka), the independents (Rich Swann, Tomasso Ciampo and Johnny Gargano) and TNA (Samoa Joe, Austin Aries and Bobby Roode) in the past year with most retaining their more well known names.

Some great matches already in the book with Sami Zayn vs Shinsuke Nakamura at TakeOver Dallas being a true 5 Star match.

NXT is also returning to the UK this Summer.

It has come a long way from the FCW days.

• Like 1

Awesome to see a NXT thread :-)

I personally cannot wait for the year ahead. There is so much to look forward to. Nakamura is going to become a household name in the near future I believe. How long will he be in NXT for do you think? I heard it was not a cheap deal for the WWE by any means.

Awesome to see a NXT thread :-)

I personally cannot wait for the year ahead. There is so much to look forward to. Nakamura is going to become a household name in the near future I believe. How long will he be in NXT for do you think? I heard it was not a cheap deal for the WWE by any means.

Nakamura is already a household name in New Japan Pro Wrestling (bigger than Cena) and also in the UK and US Independent scene. The WWE will just make him reach other parts of the world. I see him out of NXT by the end of the year.

I mean household name for non wrestling fans i.e Undertaker, Hulk Hogan, Bret Hart. I feel he has the star power to become someone everyone knows. I have had the fortune of seeing him wrestle in the flesh and he gave me goosebumps.

How do you think Bobby Roode will fit in?

My dream NXT signings for the next 12 months would include Dalton Castle, Will Ospreay, Matt Cross, Adam Cole and Marty Scrull.

How about you?

I mean household name for non wrestling fans i.e Undertaker, Hulk Hogan, Bret Hart. I feel he has the star power to become someone everyone knows. I have had the fortune of seeing him wrestle in the flesh and he gave me goosebumps.

How do you think Bobby Roode will fit in?

My dream NXT signings for the next 12 months would include Dalton Castle, Will Ospreay, Matt Cross, Adam Cole and Marty Scrull.

How about you?

Only Scrull and Cole are possibles at the moment.

Ospreay is tied to NJPW for the next few years. Dalton Castle is tied to RoH until at least the end of 2017. Matt Cross is tied to Lucha Underground for up to the next 4 an a half years unless he has the clause in his contract allowing him to get out after Season 3 has aired.

Bobby Roode will be interesting. Just because he showed up at TakeOver Dallas does not mean he will definitely go to NXT. Machine Gun Karl Anderson and Luke "Doc" Gallows were meant to debut alongside Finn Balor either in NXT or on the main roster. As was evident from Monday Night Raw, they debuted without Balor. If Roode does hti NXT, then I do not see him being down there that long.