Chevron 8.3 Update

Massive Events

• Showmasters Admin

We wanted to be open and honest with all of you that are coming to Chevron 8.3. This will be our last ever Chevron event. Over the last few events the attendance has been going down and now we are at the stage where we have sold less 150 tickets. Yes we are aware that we have had a couple of big guest cancellations at this show and we have tried to replace them and the team have been working hard, however it’s been very difficult to find suitable replacements.

Now we do have 3 guests we have never had before and with the latest edition of Gary Jones it will still be a very fun event. For those of you that have never met Gary before you are in for a treat. With having a small attendance you will all really get to know the guests over the weekend.

We still plan to have a great weekend with you all and we are still working on giving you as much as we can and it will be a great celebration of all things Stargate. We are sure you will all have an amazing time.

We are also adding a few extras to all of our ticket packages which are listed below :

VIP Extras:

Access to Green Room plus included Lunch/Snacks

1 Free Green Screen shoot

3 Autos from each guest (1 more than usual)

Free Group photo Shoot

3 Randomly selected Pre signed Autos from a past show

Friday & Saturday Wine Reception

Gold Pass Extras:

1 Free Green Screen shoot

3 Autos from each guest (2 more than usual)

Free Group photo Shoot with Guests

3 Randomly selected Pre signed Autos from a past show

Friday & Saturday Wine Reception (usually only Friday)

Sliver Pass Extras:

1 Free Green Screen Shoot

2 Autos from each Guest (1 more than usual)

£5 for a Group Shoot with Guests

2 Randomly selected Pre signed Autos from a past show

Standard Pass:

1 Free Green Screen Shoot

1 Randomly selected Pre signed Autos from a past show

Party's will be full on this time, Lip Sync Battles, Musical Statues and we will have lots of on the spot prizes.

The Sunday Night Epic Quiz will be the best one we have ever done and will also be full of epic prizes.

Many Thanks

Andrew

This is really good of you. I lost a lot of my excitement for the event when Jewel cancelled so it will be nice to get a few extras thrown in and Gary is a great addition. Just to make sure instead of assuming, is the guest list complete now or are you still working on possibly getting anyone else?

SOOOOOOO sad. chevron is the highlight of my year and add in that collectormania MK is no longer up which is the nearest con to me it's really sad. Thanks for adding the cool stuff to the tickets as a send off. Shame things couldn't be moved to once every 2 years instead of canceling or maybe you could do one again in a few years time? I'm sure everyone will have sooooo much fun all the same. One good thing that might come out of it is more money saved for other things each year but still sooooo sad. thanks showmaster for all the fun times we have had. Hope you can still get us another 1 or 2 guests before the event and that you can still keep getting stargate guests for other events like comic con. Cant wait for chevron. Also such as shame its the last as my friend only just found out about the event after i had been last year and cant make it this year so will never get to experience it. :(

Edited by stargate geek emily

Gutted that this will be the last Chevron and I will not be able to attend (work changed my rotations, I get back a couple of days after the event)

I loved going to these events (only got to the last 2 though), they were much better than the bigger events, not having to collect tickets for talks and having them all in the afternoon, it just made everything easier

I hope that at some point down the line Massive Events will run a special 1 off event (and my work rotations line up)

I thank Massive Events and Showmasters for there time and effort trying to make this event feasible year after year, I know it has not been easy the last couple of years, I hope I can find a similar event to fill the gap (I still go to LFCC, CFCC, NFCC, GFCC when I can)

• Like 1

So gutted this is going to be the last Chevron. My friend couldn't make it this year so I'm attending in my own and decided to treat myself to an upgrade to gold instead of silver. Really appreciate everything ME have done to keep this event going so long as I know numbers have been dwindling. Also loving the extras that have been added to the packages. I think this is still going to be an amazing event, even if it is on a smaller scale. Let's make this a weekend to remember!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Do we know when is the last day to buy tickets online is?

Even if they do stop selling tickets several days before the event due to posting of the letters you can still turn up at chevron and get a ticket on the day of the event. I know of people who have done that before.

I've requested confirmation.

EDIT: Confirmed now: the Registration pack will only contain one set of photos as usual. For the extra autographs you are welcome to bring your own item or use one of the photos available for sale at the Show.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

Wishing everyone who attends this event a fun time. I have been to a few events over the years which were the last ones for the genre and even a company, and by far these were the best as saying goodbye is both sad and fun.

What are the inclusive photos usually like? Will they be scenes from the show or more like headshots of the actor?

The included photo's in your registration pack with all be different. some may have multiple charterers on it (only 1 being a person being at the con) or some may be a picture of single character. Usually all the pictures are from the show and you aren't likely to get just a head shot of the actor. If you don't like any of the pictures you get in your pack you don't have to use them. you can buy a photo in the dealers room and get that signed instead. Hope this helps.

Edited by stargate geek emily