Budgets for LFCC

Last year i paid 600 pounds for photoshoots. The diamond guests are the best guests, which we want to see. But if the prices are to high, we can't buy a lot of other things, that we wanted to buying.schwarzenegger, Stallone, Al Pacino, Robert De Niro are really great, but i think they have to do it cheaper. Someone have to fly from a other countries to london, have to book the hotel. All the things are very expensive. The actors have to sell the photoshoots and autographs cheaper and have to sell it about the masses. So everyone can buy the tickets. A other problem is, that i only can pay it by creditcard, but i have not enough on it. For me it will be better by my bank account. why is it impossible to buy Single autographs from the diamond guests?

• Like 1

Last year i paid 600 pounds for photoshoots. The diamond guests are the best guests, which we want to see. But if the prices are to high, we can't buy a lot of other things, that we wanted to buying.schwarzenegger, Stallone, Al Pacino, Robert De Niro are really great, but i think they have to do it cheaper. Someone have to fly from a other countries to london, have to book the hotel. All the things are very expensive. The actors have to sell the photoshoots and autographs cheaper and have to sell it about the masses. So everyone can buy the tickets. A other problem is, that i only can pay it by creditcard, but i have not enough on it. For me it will be better by my bank account. why is it impossible to buy Single autographs from the diamond guests?

Certain diamond guests you can't buy a single autos from. But the current diamond guests, Ron Pearlman and Jack Gleeson you can.

Edited by kamikazemonkey

I know, but the example schwarzenegger will come and i want to have 3 autographs, then what?

It depends on the guest, but apart from Michael J Fox last year, it was possible to buy additional autos for all diamond guests.

With regards to the expense, SM have said many many times that the bigger named guests will be expensive. The reason for this is that this is how much it costs to get the guests to come over. If SM don't set their costs to cover this then either SM will lose money (which would not be a great business plan) or the guests just won't come. We'd all like them to be cheaper but it's these prices or not at all. I know that means people will miss out and that's not great, but if they didn't come then they still wouldn't meet them so what's the difference? You wouldn't walk into a Ferrari dealership and demand they lower the prices to match a Volvo because you can't afford it!

• Like 2

Budget? Depends on the guest list from show to show, and year to year, so hard to say.

I consider myself fortunate in that unlike many I read on here I don't feel the need to meet absolutely everyone who gets announced so I usually only tend to meet a couple of guests at a show. But for the sake of accuracy...

...I have been to 11 shows to meet just 1 guest (and only 5 of those I had photoshoots with)

...5 shows to meet 2 guests (with total of 4 photos)

...3 shows to meet 3 guests (total of 2 photos)

...3 shows to meet 4 guests (5 photos)

...1 show to meet 6 guests (2 photos)

...1 show to meet 7 guests (2 photos)

...1 show 9 guests (1 photo) Destination Trek 3

...and last year's Summer LFCC was 9 guests and (5 photos, 3 of which were a part of Sigourney's Diamond package)

So that makes for 26 shows, 73 guests, and 26 photoshoots across 8 years.

Not including petrol money and entry fees, I'm probably looking at £50-£150 for my average show. I never buy the food or drink at the events because the prices are obscene and I very rarely buy from the stalls. If the event is more of distance then my partner and I may book a hotel but I consider that a separate cost because then the trip becomes more of a weekend away and not all about the convention anymore.

But Destination Trek 3 and last year's LFCC were different beasts entirely. DST3 had an incredible lineup for this TNG fan and there were multiple items I needed signed so my outlay on autos was £450, which was so much more than I'd ever spent at a show before. Then LFCC came along and I spent about £1,150 on autos/photos. :eek: The bulk of that being £395 on Sigourney's Diamond Pass + 5 additional autos from her, so we're £850 on her ALONE. I am not a rich man and that is ridiculous when I've just read that back, but I saw this as a once in a lifetime opportunity to meet one of my lifetime top 5 guests. And getting an unexpected tax refund of £600+ the month prior I took as a good omen to justify the extravagance that otherwise I would not as heavily indulged.

So to answer the OP, my budget depends on what Showmasters has to offer. Meeting fewer guests per show certainly allows me to splurge on bigger guests, but I won't go to shows if the outlay to get there and get in is frankly too much based on a weak lineup of guests that are likely to pop up again at other shows in future. And finally, what I can spend comes after all the bills are paid.

Edited by Dent_1

It is possible to just get a single autograph. Last year, Michael J. Fox was the only one you couldn't get a single autograph from as a regular guest. Paxton and Gambon sure did, Sigourney Weaver was just really busy but I heard some people got through. But I get what you mean, had their been a package on sale with only a Sigourney Weaver autograph, I probably would've bought it. I have no interest in photoshoots so that makes the diamond package too expensive. I'd rather take my chances and hope for an early VQ ticket.

As an example have you seen the prices that Arnie charges for his meet and greets?

How much?

When you quote other comments Rhys just respond in the white area underneath as I have here - your editing has unfortunately completely changed what Time Corridor and myself said in our original posts. It's not a big issue in this case but could potentially cause problems as it's attributing your comments to other forum users and completely changing what they said. If you typed something this way and another user then quoted it themselves it could get messy if anyone took offence. Whilst I doubt that would happen it's best to avoid it.
In regards to your question the one I recall from last summer in London was about £1000. However I've just found another he did in the UK in January and the top package was £1500 and you couldn't get a movie poster or memorabilia signed.
Edited by Raylenth

Last year I spent around 600 all together with entry tickets and photoshoots. The amount I spent on autographs was maybe around 150-200. I wasn't doing like a lot of stuff last year. But this year I already paid 250 for entry ticket and around 150 for photoshoots and we still have just few people announced.

But to be honest I have no interest in buying stuff from the stalls as I don't collect anything. Unless I will spot something I really need or really like (so I can regret it later ;)). But last year I bought only Anna Funko Pop and that was it.. As for person who had nothing to eat or drink during the con I didn't have to worry about food expenses.

This year I am planning to take around 200-300 pounds in cash and that;s about it for me.

As an example have you seen the prices that Arnie charges for his meet and greets?

How much?

When you quote other comments Rhys just respond in the white area underneath as I have here - your editing has unfortunately completely changed what Time Corridor and myself said in our original posts. It's not a big issue in this case but could potentially cause problems as it's attributing your comments to other forum users and completely changing what they said. If you typed something this way and another user then quoted it themselves it could get messy if anyone took offence. Whilst I doubt that would happen it's best to avoid it.

In regards to your question the one I recall from last summer in London was about £1000. However I've just found another he did in the UK in January and the top package was £1500 and you couldn't get a movie poster or memorabilia signed.

That's insane

It is but if it's your only way to meet someone who you are dying to meet and can afford it people will pay it. But it does help highlight what SM have told us from day one, if we want these types of guests we have to be prepared to pay what they are asking.

• Like 1

Cheers for answering my question Raylenth. Regarding my miss quoting I don't see it as a problem but I'll keep it in mind in future.

That's OK, I only say it because if you had said 'xxxx you' or similar instead of 'how much' it looked like me saying it. :whistling:

• Like 1

The amount I spend depends on the number of guests.

If there are guests I want to meet, I meet them. I don't miss them out because of the cost. I may never get the opportunity to meet them again.

I tend to only get 1 autograph from each guest. Sometimes 2.

I don't get many photos.

Edited by Sam_Carter96
  • Like 2

I will close this post with one more ( rhetorical ) question and that's do you think that SM has saturated the market ? Is there to many events or just right ? And before anyone asks no I don't have to go to all of them and no I don't as there are 3 in my area that I could go to but I don't this is because most of the time the guests there I've already met so don't need to go.

Well I did a day at the Spring LFCC and Bournemouth only needing a few guests at each, because the trains were unusually cheap, but I don't anticipate getting that same offer again so don't expect to go to Bournemouth (or Brighton) again, unless the guest list is exceptional. But they will carry on perfectly well without me. You only have to look at the follow up posts on here for Newcastle and Bournemouth - 99.9% of attendees didn't say anything about it on the forum. Local events for local people is a good thing.

Personally I'm not sure the forum is fit for purpose anymore with so many events, you have to check it twice a day otherwise you can miss guest announcements.

But as for saturating the market, well they still only account for maybe a quarter of events I get too, or get autographs from.

Edited by TerraHawk

Personally I'm not sure the forum is fit for purpose anymore with so many events, you have to check it twice a day otherwise you can miss guest announcements.

If you're worried about missing guest announcements, the forum has a great function where if you 'follow' a particular event, it will email you when new threads are created. In the age of smart phones/tablets/watches etc. you can be instantly told when there is a new announcement. I think the forum works perfectly well for it's purpose due to this.

I don't really set myself a budget per event as such... I take a look at the guest list, decide who I want to meet, and buy photoshoots as and when I can afford them. Granted there are some that have been must-haves and required some monthly budget juggling, but that is the exception rather than the rule for me.

When it comes to the show weekend itself, I try and budget about £100 a day for everything (after hotels/parking etc) some days are more or less expensive than others though. I reckon I'll be looking at about £700-800 this year for the weekend, with photos paid for in advance just for that one show.

I have seven shows planned for this year so far, so there's going to be some balancing needed :)

• Like 1

The amount I spend depends on the number of guests.

If there are guests I want to meet, I meet them. I don't miss them out because of the cost. I may never get the opportunity to meet them again.

I tend to only get 1 autograph from each guest. Sometimes 2.

I don't get many photos.

Just booked my Gold Pass so my total for the event is already at £250 without any photos or autos.. :o:blush::unsure:

I only just read this thread and was reminded how much I paid for the Sigourney Weaver Diamond Pass last year.... nearly £400.... I now feel ill haha I put that out of my brain.

Still worth it :-D even if I was penniless and wore Tesco carrier bags as clothing for the next 6 months.... needs must people!

I do not set a limit or amount for the big reason that only god knows who will be announced and turn up! last year was insanity and soo many people I wanted to meet. Hopefully this year is just as mental haha

• Like 2